Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

Varys looked like Ned Stark. Hated It.

Saint tyrion the fool. Keeping commiting unforgivable mistakes and getting away with them.(innocents were burn to Ashes for far leds). When he was releasing Jaime i really expected him to be arrested and killed like varys.

Scorpions are only useful when the plot need it to be.

Arya's scenes looked like some kind of foreshadow that now she is going to try to kill Dany. Her plot armor was present as always.

Too much dracarys.

That being said this was the episode i liked most this season. One thing that makes me like It even more If the fact that longtime show defenders are crying in despair.

I have become a terrible human being i guess.

7 minutes ago, Ranger275 said:

They should just have the final episode be a white-eyed Bran staring off into the distance for an hour and a half.

EXACTLY!!  That way, they can't fuck anything else up.

Can you imagine ANYONE putting themselves through the horror of watching the entirety of this series again...just to end up where we are? 

9 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

Made no sense to me either why Gregor would care about fighting Sandor over anything else. He's a dead dumb guy.

It was ridiculous. He’s a mindless zombie who follows every order blindly, except when... the plot demands! CLEGANEBOWL GET HYPE! :rofl:

Just now, kissdbyfire said:

It was ridiculous. He’s a mindless zombie who follows every order blindly, except when... the plot demands! CLEGANEBOWL GET HYPE! :rofl:

LOL  Ya'd think Sandor would look at that and realize it too, call the plot stupid, and say FUCK THE HYPE!! 

1 minute ago, kissdbyfire said:

Only good thing about that scene was when he brushed off Qyburn and he was dead. I thought, "ok, that one went down quick at least."

11 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

LOL  Ya'd think Sandor would look at that and realize it too, call the plot stupid, and say FUCK THE HYPE!! 

Oh if only, since I don't think the Hound would care about calling his own plot stupid.

Sandor: Arya, revenge is stupid and pointless.

5 minutes later...

Sandor: Watch me live out my revenge for the next 10 minutes.

5 minutes ago, Frey family reunion said:

I think that the ultimate take away from all of this is that you just can’t trust those silver (really white) haired Targaryens.  But the brown haired Targaryens are good upstanding people.

Nope, the brown haired ones aren't better. The brown haired ones are weak willed and spineless and complicit in everything the silver haired Targs do.

2 hours ago, The Knight in Motley said:

well now I almost regret not even hatewatching it.  sounds like its a trainwreck of epic proportions

I couldn't watch, but I did listen, for laughs... Non sequiturs, silence, grunts...

2 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

EXACTLY!!  That way, they can't fuck anything else up.

Can you imagine ANYONE putting themselves through the horror of watching the entirety of this series again...just to end up where we are? 

All my Thrones-DvDs and Blu-Rays: "Dracarys!"

Hey, do you remember that scene in Spiderman 3 where Venom is defeated?

Yes, Spiderman 3. The one people roundly mocked. The one with emo Peter Parker doing laughably stupid things, being petty then being an actual domestic abuser?

That Spiderman 3 does foreshadowing better than this. It is established when Peter tries to take off the black suit that the alien symbiote hates ringing. So when he sees Venom flinch off from it again, Peter knows what to do, and his remembrance pays off. Yeah, surprising that Sam Raimi would pay attention to basic storytelling structure.

Anyway, my point is, when the fuck was it indicated that bells make dragons (and Daeneryses) go crazy? How could that be possible when the Targaryens built the Red Keep, bells and all, during their time in power with dragons? Uggggh, 

3 hours ago, divica said:

It was completle character assassination!

And her reign of terror will continue next ep? Jon will exile himself and bran will be presidente of westeros? I just hate this.

Oh boy, it turns out that Stannis Baratheon was foreshadowing after all! In the meta narrative, we should have known D & D would repeat their mistakes. Have Daenerys repeatedly crave the love of her people... then relish in burning people! IT'S A PERFECT TWIST BECAUSE THEY FLIPPED CHARACTER MOTIVATIONS UPSIDE DOWN!

D&D: We're the adults, we're smart, we're subverting expectations!

3 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I thought, ok at least now to add a minimum of logic he will kill her for mercy, so as not let her suffer....but not even this, they could not make a single logical thing:lmao:

Logic, in our game of thrones? Stop thinking in your narrow minded paradigm of eighth grade book reports!

7 minutes ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

Anyway, my point is, when the fuck was it indicated that bells make dragons (and Daeneryses) go crazy? How could that be possible when the Targaryens built the Red Keep, bells and all, during their time in power with dragons? Uggggh, 

I read that as representing a moment of choice to make Dany look bad. They've done an absolute shit job defining "madness" but I think this was not so much a moment of acute madness as it was to choose to embrace the madness already roiling. When the bells rang then it ceased to be about whether she had to burn it all or not because she didn't have to. 

It has just been terrible. I'm really happy to see the rest of the world jump onboard. Even the people who denied that 8x03 was just terrible are disowning this one.

23 minutes ago, Demetri said:

I read that as representing a moment of choice to make Dany look bad. They've done an absolute shit job defining "madness" but I think this was not so much a moment of acute madness as it was to choose to embrace the madness already roiling. When the bells rang then it ceased to be about whether she had to burn it all or not because she didn't have to. 

It has just been terrible. I'm really happy to see the rest of the world jump onboard. Even the people who denied that 8x03 was just terrible are disowning this one.

Reminds me of the 'No beer and no TV make Homer go crazy.'

Daenerys,  on being exposed to bells: DON'T MIND IF I DO, BLBLBBLBLLVLVLLLA

4 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

That would make sense, yes. Too bad this piece of shit is not big on things making sense. Hacks.

Those bells really only make sense if it is reference to the Stoney Sept and Connington PTSD. 

1 hour ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

Reminds me of the 'No beer and no TV make Homer go crazy.'

Daenerys,  on being exposed to bells: DON'T MIND IF I DO, BLBLBBLBLLVLVLLLA

I didn't watch the episode, but wasn't it because everyone ignored the girl on a party last ep? Bitches go crazy for stuff like that!

Archived