Jump to content

Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!


The Fattest Leech

Recommended Posts

So is Tyrion to blame for everything? He suggested the wight hunt. Dany could have just flown to the Red Keep with 3 dragons at the outset when she arrived at Dragonstone and destroyed the Red Keep only saving thousands of lives, and then she could have dealt with the white walkers with a unified Westeros.

But St. Tyrion suggested she go north and capture a wight. He also has betrayed Dany multiple times. So can we all just blame him for King's Landing being in ruins?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Can someone explain to me how on earth no one else died screaming when Drogon roasted Varys? They should have all died, Dany included. 

I thought the exact same thing.  At the very least, the guards standing in the background should have been roasted.  Their plot armor is strong!

3 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I mean, Drogon incinerates people into nothingness within a second or two when it's done in this method. 

Yes, death by Drogon is relatively merciful.  Compared to burning at the stake... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, SuperMario said:

So is Tyrion to blame for everything? He suggested the wight hunt. Dany could have just flown to the Red Keep with 3 dragons at the outset when she arrived at Dragonstone and destroyed the Red Keep only saving thousands of lives, and then she could have dealt with the white walkers with a unified Westeros.

But St. Tyrion suggested she go north and capture a wight. He also has betrayed Dany multiple times. So can we all just blame him for King's Landing being in ruins?

Yeah, I think so, too. That she didn't just execute him stood out.

And that brings to mind Jon and how all he really did was just gape the whole time. He wasn't much help. Like, he killed Ollie. But Dany is supposed to be chill with traitors.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

This is just comedy now

It is, really. Farce. Only not even good at that.

It's hard to even stay bothered by the stuff they do for long. It's been so long since any of this has seemed even remotely like it could be real, or made the least bit of sense.

(Oh, this comes to mind, "insubstantial pageant"... that quickly fades.)

Edited by Le Cygne
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And aside from how Drogon did not burn anyone else but Varys, how did he even hear Dany say it? She spoke pretty quietly and monotone with that "Dracarys". Her tone to dragon firing a close advisor is like how I react to my wife asking me to do the dishes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I thought, ok at least now to add a minimum of logic he will kill her for mercy, so as not let her suffer....but not even this, they could not make a single logical thing:lmao:

12 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Oh and FUCK YOOOOOOUUUUUUU, stupid show. Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you for what you’ve done to the overall story, but Jaime’s end left me feeling GUTTED. FUCK YOU, GoT. (Need a middle finger emoji)

I literally screamed at my television "No you fucking idiots that's not how it happens!!!"

13 hours ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

It's gotta be in the books Jon Connington goes mad after the bells  and burns KL while helping Aegon to takedown Cersei, right?

This is not only the most plausible explanation for how that episode has any connection to the books, it also explains why they centered (and titled) the episode around bells - which honestly I was like WTF?  Thanks.

12 hours ago, sweetsunray said:

Made no sense to me either why Gregor would care about fighting Sandor over anything else. He's a dead dumb guy.

He also killed Dr. Frankenstein in the process just as an afterthought.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can't seem to let this go: to whom was Varys writing in the first scene last night.  The words on the paper were sort of legible to us but went by so quickly -- and it was murky lighting.  The only thing I could make out was the name of Daenrys and the name of Jon.

I'm obsessed with this.  With whom could Varys be plotting, since Jon already said a thousand times, and will say again to both Varys and Daenerys for the 1001 and 1002 times, that he doesn't want that thing, which surely by the end of this episode is nothing but an unrecognizable slab of slag (though -- isn't that what it began as?)? Not the North, surely, as the North doesn't give a damn, other than its own unbended knee independence.  Dorn?  Don't make us laff. The Iron Bank? The Faceless Men? Yara (btw, where was Yara? beyond, you know, plotting against Gentleman Jack?)? Bronn and his wife in their new castle that dead people gave him, who had no rights to give anything? (Well, Tyrion isn't dead. Yet. But soon. And what happens to Gendry's new castle?)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Think of a different story... where Dany is this exotic, interesting, cool person who arrives and has all her life just wanted to be queen for all the right reasons.

And she arrives and instead of everyone bizarrely hating her guts out of the blue... they were like wow, let's get to know her! Maybe she'll give us a ride on her dragon!

Dude for reals!!!

If Jon had just actually loved her like he said he did. If Sansa and Arya had been nice to her. If Tyrion hadn't filled her head with 100 bad ideas in a row. If the Winterfell A Team had planned going to KL a little better (and idk, maybe remembered that Euron's fleet was in the Blackwater?) then everything would be fine now. D&D are making Dany take the fall for everything they fucked up over the last few years. so FUCK THEM

Edited by Suzanna Stormborn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, DMC said:

I literally screamed at my television "No you fucking idiots that's not how it happens!!!"

This is not only the most plausible explanation for how that episode has any connection to the books, it also explains why they centered (and titled) the episode around bells - which honestly I was like WTF?  Thanks.

He also killed Dr. Frankenstein in the process just as an afterthought.

Haha. I won't lie, seeing Qyburn get tossed into the rocks was my favorite part of the episode. Probably the only good part.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was really mising a training montage scene like in Rocky 4. Emilia Clarke and Drogon off in the mountains learning how to fight magical giant crossbows to a pumping 80's soundtrack. Then that scene where they were suddenly no threat at all to Drogon would have totally made sense and been kind of awesome. Instead of being just kind of stupid.

Also, how does a dragon breathing fire knock down a wall? Does a flamethrower knock down walls? I don't think it does. What they are implying is not only is it a jet of fire coming from the dragon's mouth but it also causes some sort of explosion when the writers feel like it should cause explosions. Walls don't exploe when fire hits them. Fuck this show, it's got me questioning the validity of dragon fire. I mean a dragon taking down an ice wall is one thing, but this is just absurd.

Unless I'm remembering it wrong and Drogon didn't make walls explode by breathing on them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

It was really mising a training montage scene like in Rocky 4. Emilia Clarke and Drogon off in the mountains learning how to fight magical giant crossbows to a pumping 80's soundtrack. Then that scene where they were suddenly no threat at all to Drogon would have totally made sense and been kind of awesome. Instead of being just kind of stupid.

Also, how does a dragon breathing fire knock down a wall? Does a flamethrower knock down walls? I don't think it does. What they are implying is not only is it a jet of fire coming from the dragon's mouth but it also causes some sort of explosion when the writers feel like it should cause explosions. Walls don't exploe when fire hits them. Fuck this show, it's got me questioning the validity of dragon fire. I mean a dragon taking down an ice wall is one thing, but this is just absurd.

Unless I'm remembering it wrong and Drogon didn't make walls explode by breathing on them.

Haha. Has to be to Joe Esposito.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just feel that Game of Thrones just blew itself last night. 

All the premises and prophecies...

all the characters development....

Turned really stupid in the end, wasting its plot devices and actually refusing to make  a meaning out of this mess besides the old story that Tolkien best delivered of what power does to people. And this pattern was so repetitive in the series with vicerion, Stannis, Cersei, aeries, Joffrey, sparrow etc. that if there is a point to Dany’s fiasco it has been said already again and again and again, finally feeling that there is nothing more to get out of her story. Not in a positive way nevertheless. 

Then mixes reality with fantasy and conveniently switches back and forth to make excuses of itself: so we need realism for Jamie’s characters that fails to do justice to himself but nothing is realistic around him. Not the battle, the dragons, even the stabs he takes. 

It’s been a nice show but history proves that it was way overated by fans. Great expectations for an ending that would bring all stories together and do justice at least to the characters that choose to be different. 

Instead we are having a forced end that wants to bring desctruction in the universe it created within two episodes. 

Personally I would highly recommend it to people that like pessimistic stories with a strong emphasis on “it all boils down to nothing” , which is and the most lazy solution out, but not to people who like positive closure and meaningful endings with justified character developments. 

 

Edited by Nightwish
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

It was really mising a training montage scene like in Rocky 4. Emilia Clarke and Drogon off in the mountains learning how to fight magical giant crossbows to a pumping 80's soundtrack. Then that scene where they were suddenly no threat at all to Drogon would have totally made sense and been kind of awesome. Instead of being just kind of stupid.

Also, how does a dragon breathing fire knock down a wall? Does a flamethrower knock down walls? I don't think it does. What they are implying is not only is it a jet of fire coming from the dragon's mouth but it also causes some sort of explosion when the writers feel like it should cause explosions. Walls don't exploe when fire hits them. Fuck this show, it's got me questioning the validity of dragon fire. I mean a dragon taking down an ice wall is one thing, but this is just absurd.

Unless I'm remembering it wrong and Drogon didn't make walls explode by breathing on them.

Yep. Drogon got upgraded to breathing photon torpedoes in episode 5.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Dude for reals!!!

If Jon had just actually loved her like he said he did. If Sansa and Arya had been nice to her. If Tyrion hadn't filled her head with 100 bad ideas in a row. If the Winterfell A Team had planned going to KL a little better (and idk, maybe remembered that Euron's fleet was in the Blackwater?) then everything would be fine now. D&D are making Dany take the fall for everything they fucked up over the last few years. so FUCK THEM

Why didn t jon just stay with her? Their relation this season is the weirdest thing I have ever seen… IT seems to only serve to make danny go mad! 

And I have no idea why the north doesn t like her! Hell I think the northern soldiers were the first to start raping! Northerns in the show are awfull people! I think they can be worse than the lannisters!

And I can t wait for next week when r+l=j will become irrelevante and jon will return to where his story started! The whole story is meaningless and stupid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Unless I'm remembering it wrong and Drogon didn't make walls explode by breathing on them.

No, you're remembering right.  As I said upthread, when that wall blew up just by Drogon breathing fire, that was just the beginning of the ludicrous absurdity of that episode.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

I can't seem to let this go: to whom was Varys writing in the first scene last night.  The words on the paper were sort of legible to us but went by so quickly -- and it was murky lighting.  The only thing I could make out was the name of Daenrys and the name of Jon.

I'm obsessed with this.  With whom could Varys be plotting, since Jon already said a thousand times, and will say again to both Varys and Daenerys for the 1001 and 1002 times, that he doesn't want that thing, which surely by the end of this episode is nothing but an unrecognizable slab of slag ....

My best guess about the letters (I saw more than one) is that the first letter went to Sansa.  These 3 characters (Varys, Sansa, and Tyrion) are tied most closely regarding Dany's emotional suitability for the throne, and Varys is writing to let her know that Dany has not improved.  Perhaps he is asking for troops.  If there was more than one letter , then a second letter went to the new leader of Dorne, whom we do not know yet.  Or perhaps a Tully.  Any 'rulers' we have seen who have behaved decently.

Or D&D think that we will forget this small wrinkle and not care.  Or they don't care.  Who knows?

Edited by lakin1013
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Le Cygne said:

It is, really. Farce. Only not even good at that.

Honestly, it's not even a farce at this point.

Galavant, the musical comedy was a farce.  And a damn fine one for lovers of high fantasy.  Too bad it got canceled right after they got their first dragon.

Game of Thrones went through a period where it almost became a farce.  Then it decided to leap over farce right into shit-show disasterpiece with a dumpster fire sidecar.  And now they're attempting to put the fire out with a hose pouring gasoline on it.

I can't wait to see how shit the bow is they use to wrap this monster up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

I can't seem to let this go: to whom was Varys writing in the first scene last night.  The words on the paper were sort of legible to us but went by so quickly -- and it was murky lighting.  The only thing I could make out was the name of Daenrys and the name of Jon.

The letter said something like Jon is the true heir and was protected by Eddard Stark, I think. To whom he was writing though....no ideia. Someone in another thread said it might have been to the other lords of Westeros (they exist? :P).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...