Jump to content

Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!


The Fattest Leech

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, Demetri said:

Something else struck me about it. The paper should still largely be intact or at least partly intact. Surely Varys knows that when you start to burn something then take away oxygen (by putting it in a little bowl with a top that seals it) that it stops burning

That thought immediately came to my mind too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Even Cinema Blend is dissing the show and the show runners. :lol:

Full disclosure: I am not a fan of the final season of Game of Thrones. To put it mildly. The past two shortened seasons have been a downward slide, in my opinion. I know I don't speak for everyone on that, but I also know I'm not alone -- especially after last night's penultimate episode of the series, Season 8, Episode 5, "The Bells." That shit made me nostalgic for last week's coffee cup fail.

The outcry from the fandom was pure fire and blood. Up to this point, I thought the Game of Thrones showrunners' plan to go into hiding for the finale was surprising. Why not celebrate with fans? But now I completely understand why they play to scurry away and go off the grid.

<snip>

D.B. Weiss: At some point, if and when it’s safe to come out again, somebody like [HBO’s GoT publicist Mara Mikialian] will give us a breakdown of what was out there without us having to actually experience it.

David Benioff: I plan to be very drunk and very far from the internet.

They expected people to be awed by ep 3 and that it would give them credit to end the series however they wanted.

Their problems is that GOT basically ended in ep3 and people have been hating the show ever since.

I am sorry for the actors that don t desserve this, but the greatest show ever was completly ruined by 2 idiots… I have no idea how nobody stoped this crap...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, divica said:

They expected people to be awed by ep 3 and that it would give them credit to end the series however they wanted.

Their problems is that GOT basically ended in ep3 and people have been hating the show ever since.

I am sorry for the actors that don t desserve this, but the greatest show ever was completly ruined by 2 idiots… I have no idea how nobody stoped this crap...

Because it is one of the very most successful television weekly series in the history of television. Season after season the audience grows.  Season after season the media drools more copiously comparing everything from presidential elections to the stock market to the latest roll out of a soft drink to something in the HBO series.  Season after season more viewers participate in social media obsessing about it, in solo, and in company.

That's why.

Dedicated book fans hating on it doesn't reflect or affect the greatest by far number of viewers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would imagine HBO isn’t too happy, right? I mean, they wanted more seasons, they said it several times. Sure, not necessarily for artistic reasons but rather let’s milk the cash cow until she drops dead, but still. They did want more seasons, and now part of the flack the show is getting is because it’s all so rushed and damn character development and plot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Zorral said:

Because it is one of the very most successful television weekly series in the history of television. Season after season the audience grows.  Season after season the media drools more copiously comparing everything from presidential elections to the stock market to the latest roll out of a soft drink to something in the HBO series.  Season after season more viewers participate in social media obsessing about it, in solo, and in company. 

That's why.

Dedicated book fans hating on it doesn't reflect or affect the greatest by far number of viewers.

But the idea I have is that even only show viewers hate this season.

We only have to look at imdb or rotten tomatoes and the ratings this year are awful. Someone should have intervened. It shouldn t be possible to film these scripts… They are just too bad!

And HBO wants to make prequels and doesn t care how GOT will end? Do they think this won t affect the prequels?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Dedicated book fans hating on it doesn't reflect or affect the greatest by far number of viewers.

But casual unsullied are complaining now, critics and reviewers are complaining now. That’s how bad the show is at this point. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I would imagine HBO isn’t too happy, right? I mean, they wanted more seasons, they said it several times. Sure, not necessarily for artistic reasons but rather let’s milk the cash cow until she drops dead, but still. They did want more seasons, and now part of the flack the show is getting is because it’s all so rushed and damn character development and plot. 

And how will they market their prequel shows? When they talk about GOT the first thing people will think is about how bad it ended…

 

by the way, who the hell did the marketing for this season? All the hype with the ww isn t helping the show either...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, kissdbyfire said:

But casual unsullied are complaining now, critics and reviewers are complaining now. That’s how bad the show is at this point. 

Not so many, not really.  For most people it's still just tv, not a life's passion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Not so many, not really.  For most people it's still just tv, not a life's passion.

Every single unsullied I know irl has told me some variation of, “this show sucks so bad, why didn’t I see it sooner?” after ep 3. Also, I have never ever seen so many negative reviews. And not only negative reviews, but calling out the Ds on their poor plotting, unearned asspulls, and more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, divica said:

But the idea I have is that even only show viewers hate this season.

We only have to look at imdb or rotten tomatoes and the ratings this year are awful. Someone should have intervened. It shouldn t be possible to film these scripts… They are just too bad!

And HBO wants to make prequels and doesn t care how GOT will end? Do they think this won t affect the prequels?

But again, the people who wage rating wars on sites like Rotten Tomatoes are not by any means the vast majority.  They may be ... occasionally ... for something like a MU film -- and even then, it's often a dedicated coterie waging a bot and troll strategy to bring down something they hate because it's got women or African Americans in it in ways they hate.  They are not the majority, who really don't care that much.

For ex -- my brother only goes to action superhero flix because his daughter's husband goes, and so everybody goes, including the stepkids.  He watches GOT, on occasion, and likes it well enough, but he'd never read a review or notice anything about it from one week to the next.  It's just what he does coz he happens to have an HBO sub.  There are far more people like him than the media can imagine because the media, you know -- it's all about itself.

Also, most people seem to behave like lemmings.  If all around me like it, I like it.  When my daughter tell me it's awful, OK I suddenly see it's awful too.

Edited by Zorral
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven't posted here in awhile but....wtf was that? Is this is the ending GRRM has planned then I struggle to see the "sweet" part of this bittersweet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

One more incoherence: when Sandor meets them, Cersei and Qyburn call the Mountain "Ser Gregor".

The writers kind of forgot that since his zombification the Mountain is now called "Ser Robert Strong"  :bang:

I don;t think they've ever called him anything but the Mountain and Gregor in the show. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

We can at least celebrate one thing: the penultimate nail in the Jonsa coffin. :)

 

LOLOLOL  Honest to Gawd, I'd be surprised if Jon doesn't want to execute her for her part in all this, LOLOL 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

LOLOLOL  Honest to Gawd, I'd be surprised if Jon doesn't want to execute her for her part in all this, LOLOL 

I bet in the show jon won t even punish sansa… It will be ignored...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I don;t think they've ever called him anything but the Mountain and Gregor in the show. 

I couldn’t be asked to watch, but seems they did introduce UnGregor as ser Robert Strong.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...