Jaime Lannister’s Strength and Size

Ser Dips A lot

In the wiki’s description of Jaime, it states “He is muscular and extremely strong, musing at one point that he could only think of a few men in the Seven Kingdoms stronger than him. “

In this description, Does being “extremely strong” refer to his literal physical strength or his martial abilities?

To me it’s describing literal physical strength, although he is a gifted swordsman too. Jaime is noted as extremely strong right after it’s stating that he’s muscular, implying that he’s extremely strong with his body; Jaime is a pound for pound badass. And in addition to having freakish strength for his size and just in general apparently, he speculates only a few men ( Greatjon, Strongboar, etc.) could match him. 

How big is Jaime Lannister? 

I picture Jaime in the range of 6’2-6’3 tall and probably 200-220 pounds. He’s gotta be the pound for pound strongest man in Westeros, I’m certain. He’s not that big of a guy relatively speaking, and he’s apparently “strong” enough to match the 7 footers who also outweigh him and have inhuman strength. Any thoughts on Jaime’s size and actual strength?

The only time Jaime compared himself with other men was during his fight with Brienne. There he lists several men he believes are stronger than him, but then adds that with speed and skill he could beat all of them, hence he obviously was speaking about physical strength and not the overall one.

7 hours ago, Ser Dips A lot said:

and he’s apparently “strong” enough to match the 7 footers who also outweigh him and have inhuman strength.

What lets him match them is a huge skill gap between them and Jaime who is one of the most talented swordsmen in history (according to Martin himself) which compensates for the strength and size gap. 

Archived