Lion & Maiden and Gemstones

asongofheresy

This thread is inspired by @AlaskanSandman 's thread 

I have written lengthy replies but I wanted to open a thread myself for speculations, relations and questions about God Emperors. Long post so I am using quotes! 

Lion of Night 

Father of God on Earth 

• When one thinks about lions you will either think about Hrakkar or Lannisters 

• though it is best to remember Lannisters are Andals and before then Lann stole the Rock from Casterlys 

• Craster being a Casterly does have a plot relevance. 

• Corlos son of Caster slayed a lion that was troubling the village near Lannisport so Gods showed him where to find a vein of gold inside the Rock so Casterlys carved and shaped the Rock as a fortress 

• Corlos' story is similar to Nemean Lion that Herkules slayed in a cave by strangling it and used lion's own claws to skin its fur. Onyx means claw and that's the earliest mention of gemstones along with other clues in Maiden's story. 

• Do we have strangled lion in our story? Well we have drowning ones.

• Lions in mythology also has ties to Chimera, Manticores, Sphinx, Pard, Griffin and Dragon - Leo + Pard» Snow Leopard» Shadowcat? 

• Lion & Maiden title was also a nod to Jaime's weirwood dream with Brienne about Doom under the Rock. Interesting like Daenerys seeing Gemstone Emperors Jaime also sees Lannister Kings as Jon sees Kings of Winter. 

• You know if Jaime is Lion and Brienne is Maiden - wait let me talk about Maiden now ;)

Maiden Made of Light 

Mother of God on Earth

• Brienne is mentioned as Maid of Tarth

• Tarth sigil is Moon and Sun quarted

• Brienne is also tied to Thappireths which is important to find who is MMoL's son 

• Maiden Made of Light also seem to be a parallel to Maid from the Seven and constellation Moonmaid with Shadowcat as Lion of Night

• MMoL could also be related to Aeron's vision of a woman with pale fire

• I am also curious about House Piper sigil

• MMoL seem to be related to Electroyne - Goddess of Morning from Greek mythology, daughter of Helios Titan Lord of Sun and Patron of Rhodes and a Nymph from the same Island. Rhodes is famous for Colossal of Rhodes and it is a Nod to Braavos and House of B&W where we met Lion of Night and other deities through Arya - I will talk about a lot about her aunt here. Electroyne is connected to Amber gemstone btw! 

• Is there a statue for MMoL? 

• MMoL also reminds me Turkic Goddess Akana, White Mother, who had a body light and antlers and when she emerges from the waters she inspires God Emperor to create Earth and mankind. (Lemore swimming and Tyrion seeing her stretch marks maybe? ) 

• Speaking of Lemore is it true her name is related to Blackberry? Because I know Bran is given Blackberry by Hooded Man at WF and there is a Finnish myth Marjatta who eats lingonberry and becomes pregnant and gives birth to a King 

• BTW are there any Essosi accounts about Female figures connected to bodies of Water? Maybe Dothraki or Sarnori?

• So our Maiden Maid of Light has Amber eyes and Antlers 

• Stars + Sapphires + Ambers = ? 

God on Earth 

Stars + Sapphires + Ambers = SYMEON STAR EYES ! 

• Star Sapphires has a unique asterism which creates a six shaped star in colors of white and gold 

• Six points could refer to Faith talking about Six Deities but hiding Stranger

• There is also Aegon's statue at Illyrio's manse with a sword that looks like true steel and surrounded by Six Sentinel Cherry Trees. Cherries and Sword has 18+ imagery especially when Tyrion talks about how good looking Aegon is and he could have every maid. A six point star is also made of two triangles crossed that represents male and female. 

• Symeon was a Knight when he went blind he put Star Sapphires in his eye sockets, those gemstones had gold stars and Symeon was definitely an Other. His ascending means he went to North to land of Always Winter. 

» That's why I sad Craster Casterly is relevant. 

• I am curious if it is possible Ice Dragon Constellation is tied to Symeon especially when we know an Other rides it. 

Pearl Emperor 

Our Pearl isn't white but grey because White Pearl is name of another Emperor that is related to Colors rather than Gemstones 

• Pearl Emperor is tied to House Stark

• Remember Mace Tyrell's gift to Joffrey - a pearl Direwolf, Tommen's pearl stag 

• Pearl Emperor is Brandon of the Bloody Blade, Azor Ahai, Huzhor Amai, Eldric Shadowchaser etc. 

• Brandon of the Bloody Blade is famous of his bloody blade (like Brandon Stark?) and he killed so many CotF Blue Lake turned to Red...

• Ah yes Rose of the Blue Lake, skinchanger that is associated with Cranes is another Stark, Sansa the Caged Bird, Sansa who introduced us to Brandon's Bloody Blade 

• Lady Forlorn, is the blood thirsty sword of Lyn Corbray, with heart shaped ruby and it looks like Ice too. 

• I believe Theon Stark lost Lady Forlorn while in Essos. 

• But why Lady Forlorn? What does Forlorn means? 

» Forlorn : forsaken, heartbroken, sorrowful, mournful, blue, melancholy, etc. But why our Lady is hearth broken and thirsty for blood? 

• I believe Blue Lake become Red because Brandon sacrificed Rose, his Jonquil, Narcissa and Nissa 

• Neassa is also a figure from Irish mythology about a girl stolen at Sword Point by a Druid and gives bird to her son who is a King. She is originally named Assa (means the gentle one) but later becomes Neassa (not gentle) - if Rose was really stolen this means the Smith (Brandon) with the Thief is the same star with different names south and north of the Wall with Rose as the Other Queen of NK 

• Since I talked about Theon Stark, I would love to mention Theon and his weirwood dream of Lyanna sad and covered in gore. Remember ToJ dream of Ned with blood stained sky(Bleeding Star?) and rose petals with eyes of death? What if Lyanna has blue or blue-grey eyes? Her eyes are never stated in cannon 

• Rose's sacrifice and blue meaning of Forlorn reminds me Blue Heart of HotU and sorrowful is tied to Sorrowful Men of Qarth. It is Qarth where we meat Tourmaline brotherhood, Purebloods and Urrathon Night Walker with his Glass Candles. 

• I would also love to mention House Steadmon from Stormlands, their sigil is a hearth pierced by a dagger and we already mentioned antlers so you know what's coming ~ 

Jade Emperor 

If Pearl wasn't White than Jade is not Green because we have Green Jade Colored Emperor after Gemstone ones. Here our Jadeite is Grey-Blue-Green of House Hightower

• House Hightower's sigil is grey, their word is We Light the Way and they have strong connection to Glass Candles 

• Jade itself is called Dream Stone

• Hightowers are also have ties to black stone, founding of the Citadel, Spinx, Urrax the Dragon and Princess Daeryssa, Ser Wyn of the Mirror Shield

• House High Tower founded the Citadel which was home to Alchemist, Wizards etc once before Maesters begin to hate magic and Glass Candles stopped burning

• if I talk about Hightower I must talk about Walys Flowers, whom I believe is son of Archmaester Walgrave and Malora Hightower. Remember Pate AFFC prologue with him talking about Walgrave's possessions, a picture of a woman who resembled Walgrave down to her mustache means she was a Florent - whose sigil has blue flowers and a fox with red fur - and likely mother of Walgrave. A lock of fair hair, I think Malora's and a gauntlet of a Prince. 

• Walgrave is also the man who taught Cressen, with Cressen as Maester of Storm's End and Walys as Maester of WF he orchestrate the Southern Ambitions because Walgrave takes care of raveny of the Citadel! Now remember Varys killing Kevan. 

• AA symbolism with his second attempt to forge Lighbringer as a lion is killed? Varys' burned manhood is tied to blue flames + Blue Heart of HotU and Unsullied burning their manhood as a sacrifice to their Goddess. Varys apologizing to Kevan as a Sorrowful Men would. And when Varys is busy talking about speaking about Aegon and killing Varys what is there at the background? A WHITE RAVEN, and a white raven only means one thing, Winter is Here. 

• Walys also has grey eyes and long face his hair style is similar to Ned's and Lady Dustin's. GG also has Harry Strickland with Grey Eyes probably also from the Reach. Which would make it possible House Hightower is continuing of House Stark which is true because Bran the Builder built a fortress for the High Tower. And that means Maris the Maid marrying High Tower and later double marriage of Gardners and Hightower is the reason for Gardner King to have grey eyes. And that's a lesser God Emperor marrying to Jade Emperor's family. 

• I mentioned Ser Wyn of the Mirror Shield also connected to Greenhand maybe even come to Hightower as a Guard for Maris? But I don't have much opinion about him and Wyn isn't common enough as a name or surname it seems. There is Wynafrei Whent I am interested in a lot. Because Qhorin Halfhand tells us Lady Whent is a friend to the Wall and as a man with grey eyes and a wound like his certainly makes tinfoil unavoidable. 

Tourmaline Emperor 

Antlers, House Staedmon, Tourmaline Brotherhood, Cressen, Florents, stealing woman etc. You know I am talking about House Durrandon here. Durran is called Godsgrief, why? Why did Gods grief, what did Durran do? Stole their daughter Elenei. Gods were so wrathful until Bran built Storm's End. But what makes a stone like Tourmaline related to House Durrandon? Because Tourmaline is known for desplaying two colors at the same time although it could be literally every color. And with color change I mean Renly's eyes that changed color. Are they blue or green? Are they blue like clear eyes of Robert? Are they deep blue like Stannis' eyes? And everyone knows Baratheon eyes are Durrandon eyes. 

• Since Steffon and Cassana died in shipwreck it is worth to mention there is shipwreck in ADWD connected to Qarth. 

• And it seems like I can't continue writing this without mentioning Florents because Shireen aka the Baratheon heir has a Florent mother, she is currently at the Wall about to be sacrificed. 

• Her cousin Edric Storm also a half Florent considered to be sacrificed, smuggled to Essos by Davos in Salla's ship. But we know Salla and Illyrio has a rivalry so it is possible Edric Storm will end up with GG and end up legitimized as new Orys because every Aegon needs an Orys. But who is going to be his Argella?

Onyx Emperor 

It is Thorne time everyone. Thorne or Dorne was once ruled by mighty Bloodroyals as a parallel to Purebloods. Onyx are also the eyes of Spinx Alleras, a member of House JorDAYNE, Alister Thorn has Onyx eyes, Khal Drogo has Onyx eyes, dragon skulls are Onyx. We know Onyx means claw, House Blackmount are possible skinchanger to vultures? And we know Dorne costed a lot Targaryens up until Daeron II. And even meeting  of Daenerys and Quentyn was a disaster. And meeting of Arianne and Aegon doesn't seem bright as she is portrait as Elia Martell to Elia (Lyanna) Sand and Nate(Rhaegar)'s relationship. Queen of THORNS was going to marry a Targaryen and has suspicious ties to Illyrio with Redwyne wine and children's clothing plus remember Ned talking about Lyanna's crown? There were thorns under the petals. And who caused death of Khal Drogo? Mirri Maester who was trained by Mar Wyn - I suspect he is Dornish - like Qyburn - Dr. Frankenstein of Westeros - maybe Wyn/Wine/White connection to Onyx only has negative meanings? Remember Arbor Gold is code for lying. And best way to skin Nemean Lion is to use its own claws, remember Tyrion's one black eye and black hair.

After shit load of negative findings we must talk about Martell sigil being a Sun(woman) pierced with Spear (man) which is similar to Alys Karstark (white sun/star) pierced by Thenn who carries weirwood spears with bronze tips and whose sigil is a red sun. There is also Munda the Autumn Apple (daughter of Tormund) who is stolen by Longspear and Alleras shooting apples, Foss the Archer will shoot apples of a maids head if he liked them. And Foss is connected to Garth Greenhand as we know. 

Topaz Emperor

• Onyx had us mentioning Olenna and really no love for her Tyrell family? We learn through Sansa every House in Reach claims to be descend from Garth Greenhand. Bullshit it is not true I suspect Florys, Rose, and Gilbert has no ties or was before Garth in Rose's case. 

• But really Garth is a colorful man, green hands, green skin, green hair, antlers but he doesn't have green eyes. He has Topaz eyes, eyes of yellowish brown like melted gold, Khal Drogo who slained the Dragon with melted gold. Remember Loras' eyes, gold cranes of Crane, gold bees of Beesburry, Rowan, her gold hair and Gold Apple, Garth Goldenhand etc. 

• Garth is a late comer but a bloody force indeed with his suspicious ties to human sacrifice and him being a fertility God. 

• And it seems like his descendant, Tyrells really loves flying. 

• Luthor Tyrell dies while hawking because he was looking at the sky and not where his horse was taking him.

• Loras is a great jouster and rider, Garland is even better and Willas breeds the best hounds, hawks and horses. Margaery loves hawking and riding with Meredyth Crane. And remember Taena from Margaery's circle that caused her cousins to be accused of adultery? She had Onyx eyes didn't she? 

• with all those Tyrells flying one must think of Varamyr's quote about which animal not to warg, and it seems understandable why Tyrells wanted the Caged Bird to marry their own Caged one because of Onyx eyed Oberyn. 

Opal Emperor 

A b*tch like Tourmaline which makes sense considering I am about to talk about Dondarrions. 

• Opals have lighting and galaxy imagery which makes sense when you know what's the sigil of Dondarrions are.

• First Dondarrion was a messenger of Durrandons and he was ambushed by Dornish (Thorne/Onyx again) when Gods saved him by a Lightning, there is a Ironborn with a hand casting a lightning, and red-gold hair of Beric seems to be related to Fire Opal - in Mace's Rosetta it was used for Dorne - and also his name meaning. Beric also has a Corpse King/Barrow King imagery. His bethorak to Allyria Dayne is interesting too. 

Amethyst Empress & Bloodstone Emperor 

House Dayne of Starfall & House Dayne of High Hermitage - please note that previous gemstones like Jade and Tourmaline could be lavender in color so purple eyes is Dormant in Gemstone lineage until Amethyst Empress. 

I believe House Dayne represents both the Amethyst Empress that was cast down and Bloodstone that followed her trail to steal her hearth for himself to forge Dawn which ironically brought the Long Night upon humanity maybe even not for the first time? 

High Hermitage is an interesting name too, Hermitage means holy place, hideout, sanctuary, refuge, den (Wolf's Den built by Jon Stark) maybe we are reading their stories to wrong way? Maybe there was a Long Night and by that time Citadel was already corrupted and Glass Candles weren't lighting the way of humanity and only High Hermitage was a refuge for holy men with sacred knowledge and they reforged Lightbringer because it was lost to Starks? 

Sword of the Morning and Sword of the Evening, Morning Star and Evening Star. Both are names of the Venus the Goddess of Love lover to the Ares the War God but married to the Smith, the uglier sibling lame compared to his warrior brother, Venus born from sea foam, Ashara returned to Sea from Palestone? Venus is also counterpart to Isis, Egyptian Moon Goddess thus Moonmaid. Ashara the Moonmaid and Ned Stark the Smith was Azor Ahai and Nissa Nissa reborn but it is unclear if they fulfilled their destiny. If Ashara is indeed a direct parallel to Venus than she is likely to have a daughter, Harmonia, with Ares figure and this daughter will be cursed by the Smith - is it a clue Allyria is daughter of Brandon and Ashara and Ned eventually caused her to lose her bethored and endangering her nephew? Venus also said to have a son with a lame mortal man, Aeneas, connected to foundation of Rome. 

Bloodstone's other name is Heliotrope btw and it is also name of a poisonous flower that is called Winter's Rose. Bloodstone is a stone with blue-green-grey color with red spots though it is likely to look like green and red so a clue for Greenseers? Or to Reeds? A parallel to Howland spending time in Isle of Faces seeking knowledge? Maybe it is Howland that had greywater fewer and gained green seeing? Did he helped Lyanna to poisonous Winter Rose how to forge another Lightbringer? + Howland's wife is named Jyana, there is another Jyana of House Arryn and she was called Jewel of the Eyrie.

You know what I am really glad to learn Bloodstone is also heliotrope because I referred to Florys and Florents so many times it was frustrating as their sigil has blue flowers but they aren't named, like HotU prophecy, so I made a list of blue flowers because you know why not at this point? [My next step will be reading runes of Royce. ] Here is the list I think may connected to Nissa Nissa and Azor Ahai myth

• Forget me Nots
• Bluestars
• Lupine
• Glory of the Snow 
• Still Blue Eyed Grass

Have a nice day/night, hope you will enjoy this long read and discuss in the comments what you think about Gemstone Emperors and Empire of Dawn? 

See my first comment for some of the Color coded Emperors of Yi Ti 

Har Loi the Grey King

This is just Harlaw period - House Harlaw like almost all Ironborn claims to descend from Grey King, with the exception of Goodbrother who is descendant of Grey King's elder brother. Yet among other Ironborn they are the most different as you know The Reader and The Knight exists, F&B also tell us there was a Harlaw-Tarth marriage. I also think Farwynds of Lonely Light who express to sail the Sunset Sea are related to House Farman in some way, Goodbrother sigil is interesting because it is a horn and not any horn but Hammerhorn, maybe Iron Islands had the same treatment with broken arm of Dorne? 

Pearl White Color Emperor 

These emperors lived their years as a Prince as a normal man but once they ascend the throne they would burn their manhoods at the altar for their Goddess. These are the Unsullied and when Dany buys them white pearls are mentioned. 

Mengo Quen Glittering God Jade-Green

Like White Pearl here Jade is specifically Green, Imperial Jade, these are the Lannisters after Lann that took the Rock from Casterlys. 

Chai Duq the Yellow God Emperor

Married a noblewoman of Valyria and kept a dragon at court. I would say this this reference to Baratheons after their establishment, but was there any Targaryen woman beside Rhaelle that married a Baratheon? 

Scarlett Emperor Lo the Tho Longspoon, Lo Tho the Terrible 

Ancestor of Houses Bolton of Dreadfort, Redfort, and Banefort - 

Pol Qo the First Orange King 

A man called Hammer of the Jogos Nhai that claimed to be God Emperor in defiance to Azure God Emperors - Mance Rayder? 

Azure Emperors are Arryns of the Vale imo, there are also Sea Green (Braavos? Manderly?), maroon, indigo, and purple God Emperors 

Purple wedding's gift could be a clue, which modern House of 7K is a parallel to which Emperor of the Dawn Empire. That wedding chalise was sevensided: ruby lion (Westerlans/Lannisters), emerald rose (The Reach/Tyrells), onyx stag (Stormlands/Baratheons), silver trout (Riverlands/Tully), blue jade falcon (The Vale/Arryns), opal sun (Dorne/Martells), and pearl direwolf (The North/Starks).

I have a theory, that Bloodraven is a parallel to the Lion of the Night, and Sun and Stars of Dothraki legends, while Shiera Seastar is a parallel to the Maiden-Made-of-Light, and the Moon from Dothraki legends.

Shiera Seastar is, possibly, shadowbinder Quaithe. I think, that, most likely, in The Mystery Knight novel Maynard Plumm was actually Bloodraven in shadow-glamour, and that magic was created by Shiera Seastar, and the shadow-illusion was concealed in Maynard's moonstone brooch.

I think, that Shiera Seastar was born in late June or July, and her sign of Zodiac is Cancer, while Bloodraven was born in late July or August, and his sign is Leo. Guardian planet of people, that were born under Cancer sign, is the Moon, and guardian planet of people, that were born under Leo sign, is the Sun.

Also, what is known about Shiera's and Brynden's personalities, do fit into profiles of people, that were born under Cancer and Leo signs.

In Jon's dream, the moon could be Shiera, and the sun could be Bloodraven, ADWD, Jon I: " "Snow," the moon insisted. The white wolf ran from it, racing toward the cave of night where the sun had hidden, his breath frosting in the air."

The cave of night is, possibly, the cave in which Bloodraven is binded to the Weirwood. So, if my guess about this is correct, then, maybe, the Weirwood is the source of the Others and Long Night. Because in Jon's dream that cave was referred to as "the cave of night". So the Weirwood = Night.

The Zodiac sign of Cancer includes four stones: emerald, moonstone, pearl, and ruby. In addition to the Zodiac stones, moonstone is listed as the Planetary stone for Cancer and sapphire as the Talismanic Stone. If Shiera is Cancer, then moonstone is her Planetary stone. Also she had two silver necklaces, that were her favourite jewelry. One of them was with star sapphires, and the other was with emeralds. Maybe, they were presents from Bloodraven, who was Shiera's lover. So, maybe, that moonstone brooch from The Mystery Knight, was given to Bloodraven, as a present from Shiera.

Also, usually lions are described as yellow or golden, but because Bloodraven is an albino, he is a white lion. Probably, the Lion of Night was also a white lion.

AFFC, Arya I: "At the top she found a set of carved wooden doors twelve feet high. The left-hand door was made of weirwood pale as bone, the right of gleaming ebony. In their center was a carved moon face; ebony on the weirwood side, weirwood on the ebony." "The temple seemed much larger within than it had without. The septs of Westeros were seven-sided, with seven altars for the seven gods, but here there were more gods than seven. Statues of them stood along the walls, massive and threatening. Around their feet red candles flickered, as dim as distant stars. The nearest was a marble woman twelve feet tall. Real tears were trickling from her eyes, to fill the bowl she cradled in her arms. Beyond her was a man with a lion's head seated on a throne, carved of ebony."

<- if the doors were made with white moon on black wood, and black moon on white wood, then, maybe, the throne is carved from black ebony, but the statue of a man with a lion's head is carved from white weirwood, so it's a statue of a white lion. White lion, sitting on black throne. Same as Bloodraven, a white albino "lion" is binded to the Weirwood "throne", that looks to be white, but is actually "black", in the sense, that the Weirwood is evil, because it's the source of Long Night.

Most are simply mentioned in a sentence and likely have no meaning. The Bloodstone Emperor is a straight parallel for Euron, Dany is the Amethyst Empress by way of being described by Euron as having amethyst eyes (the only character in the series given amethyst as a descriptor). The Bloodstone Emperor committed the blood betrayal against the Amethyst Empress, so that's Euron committing a betrayal of Dany by blood. Three treasons Dany will know, one for blood. That seems to be the point, it is foreshadowing Euron's betrayal of Dany for blood.

8 hours ago, Megorova said:

Purple wedding's gift could be a clue, which modern House of 7K is a parallel to which Emperor of the Dawn Empire. That wedding chalise was sevensided: ruby lion (Westerlans/Lannisters), emerald rose (The Reach/Tyrells), onyx stag (Stormlands/Baratheons), silver trout (Riverlands/Tully), blue jade falcon (The Vale/Arryns), opal sun (Dorne/Martells), and pearl direwolf (The North/Starks).

I have a theory, that Bloodraven is a parallel to the Lion of the Night, and Sun and Stars of Dothraki legends, while Shiera Seastar is a parallel to the Maiden-Made-of-Light, and the Moon from Dothraki legends.

Shiera Seastar is, possibly, shadowbinder Quaithe. I think, that, most likely, in The Mystery Knight novel Maynard Plumm was actually Bloodraven in shadow-glamour, and that magic was created by Shiera Seastar, and the shadow-illusion was concealed in Maynard's moonstone brooch.

I think, that Shiera Seastar was born in late June or July, and her sign of Zodiac is Cancer, while Bloodraven was born in late July or August, and his sign is Leo. Guardian planet of people, that were born under Cancer sign, is the Moon, and guardian planet of people, that were born under Leo sign, is the Sun.

Also, what is known about Shiera's and Brynden's personalities, do fit into profiles of people, that were born under Cancer and Leo signs.

In Jon's dream, the moon could be Shiera, and the sun could be Bloodraven, ADWD, Jon I: " "Snow," the moon insisted. The white wolf ran from it, racing toward the cave of night where the sun had hidden, his breath frosting in the air."

The cave of night is, possibly, the cave in which Bloodraven is binded to the Weirwood. So, if my guess about this is correct, then, maybe, the Weirwood is the source of the Others and Long Night. Because in Jon's dream that cave was referred to as "the cave of night". So the Weirwood = Night.

The Zodiac sign of Cancer includes four stones: emerald, moonstone, pearl, and ruby. In addition to the Zodiac stones, moonstone is listed as the Planetary stone for Cancer and sapphire as the Talismanic Stone. If Shiera is Cancer, then moonstone is her Planetary stone. Also she had two silver necklaces, that were her favourite jewelry. One of them was with star sapphires, and the other was with emeralds. Maybe, they were presents from Bloodraven, who was Shiera's lover. So, maybe, that moonstone brooch from The Mystery Knight, was given to Bloodraven, as a present from Shiera.

Also, usually lions are described as yellow or golden, but because Bloodraven is an albino, he is a white lion. Probably, the Lion of Night was also a white lion.

AFFC, Arya I: "At the top she found a set of carved wooden doors twelve feet high. The left-hand door was made of weirwood pale as bone, the right of gleaming ebony. In their center was a carved moon face; ebony on the weirwood side, weirwood on the ebony." "The temple seemed much larger within than it had without. The septs of Westeros were seven-sided, with seven altars for the seven gods, but here there were more gods than seven. Statues of them stood along the walls, massive and threatening. Around their feet red candles flickered, as dim as distant stars. The nearest was a marble woman twelve feet tall. Real tears were trickling from her eyes, to fill the bowl she cradled in her arms. Beyond her was a man with a lion's head seated on a throne, carved of ebony."

<- if the doors were made with white moon on black wood, and black moon on white wood, then, maybe, the throne is carved from black ebony, but the statue of a man with a lion's head is carved from white weirwood, so it's a statue of a white lion. White lion, sitting on black throne. Same as Bloodraven, a white albino "lion" is binded to the Weirwood "throne", that looks to be white, but is actually "black", in the sense, that the Weirwood is evil, because it's the source of Long Night.

If Lion of Night was a white Lion and it is related to Daenerys and Hrakkar cloak + the description of Maynard Plumm (Bloodraven) and the wine poisoner has parallels to it (was the wine from Arbor?) 

2 hours ago, chrisdaw said:

Most are simply mentioned in a sentence and likely have no meaning. The Bloodstone Emperor is a straight parallel for Euron, Dany is the Amethyst Empress by way of being described by Euron as having amethyst eyes (the only character in the series given amethyst as a descriptor). The Bloodstone Emperor committed the blood betrayal against the Amethyst Empress, so that's Euron committing a betrayal of Dany by blood. Three treasons Dany will know, one for blood. That seems to be the point, it is foreshadowing Euron's betrayal of Dany for blood.

I always thought they are the betrayals Daenerys will commit. Blood is for Viserys and his death. If Daenerys is really Amethyst Empress - and I believe she is - what does it say for her end? Euron and Daenerys part is interesting btw Urrathon Night Walker and his glass candle, Daenerys' dream about Euron, and Greyjoy brother saying her eyes are Amethyst - too many connections indeed 

2 hours ago, Jova Snow said:

I always thought they are the betrayals Daenerys will commit. Blood is for Viserys and his death. If Daenerys is really Amethyst Empress - and I believe she is - what does it say for her end? Euron and Daenerys part is interesting btw Urrathon Night Walker and his glass candle, Daenerys' dream about Euron, and Greyjoy brother saying her eyes are Amethyst - too many connections indeed 

I don't think it says anything for her end. I think the whole passage on the Emperors is just fluff but for the foreshadowing of the blood betrayal and some very supernatural stuff Euron is going to get into.

The Maiden of Light will be Jon and Tyrion the Lion of Night, but the passage doesn't tell us anything about them other than perhaps that they'll be the most important players after Dany and Euron do their thing.

6 hours ago, Jova Snow said:

If Lion of Night was a white Lion and it is related to Daenerys and Hrakkar cloak + the description of Maynard Plumm (Bloodraven) and the wine poisoner has parallels to it (was the wine from Arbor?) 

He said, it was from Dorne. Dorne = snakes = poison.

"Sweet reds," he cried in fluent Dothraki, "I have sweet reds, from Lys and Volantis and the Arbor. Whites from Lys, Tyroshi pear brandy, firewine, pepperwine, the pale green nectars of Myr. Smokeberry browns and Andalish sours, I have them, I have them." He was a small man, slender and handsome, his flaxen hair curled and perfumed after the fashion of Lys. When Dany paused before his stall, he bowed low. "A taste for the khaleesi? I have a sweet red from Dorne, my lady, it sings of plums and cherries and rich dark oak. A cask, a cup, a swallow? One taste, and you will name your child after me."

Aside from plums being one of components of that wine, and the wineseller, having flaxen hair, same as Maynard Plumm in The Mystery Knight, there's no other connections between this and that.

Though, aside from Dany's Hrakkar cloak, there was one more scene with white lion. ACOK, Dany IV:

Faster and faster the visions came, one after the other, until it seemed as if the very air had come alive. Shadows whirled and danced inside a tent, boneless and terrible. A little girl ran barefoot toward a big house with a red door. Mirri Maz Duur shrieked in the flames, a dragon bursting from her brow. Behind a silver horse the bloody corpse of a naked man bounced and dragged. A white lion ran through grass taller than a man. Beneath the Mother of Mountains, a line of naked crones crept from a great lake and knelt shivering before her, their grey heads bowed. Ten thousand slaves lifted bloodstained hands as she raced by on her silver, riding like the wind. "Mother!" they cried. "Mother, mother!" They were reaching for her, touching her, tugging at her cloak, the hem of her skirt, her foot, her leg, her breast. They wanted her, needed her, the fire, the life, and Dany gasped and opened her arms to give herself to them . . .

Now the question is - is that a vision of the past, or is it something else? That scene with white lion, is that the lion, that was killed by Drogo, or, maybe, that didn't happened yet, and it's not what it seems? Maybe, that white lion, is the same, as the vision of the mummers dragon - something, that hasn't happened yet, and is actually not what it seems. Like the mummers dragon, is actually fAegon, and not a toy-dragon. So that white lion also could be something metaphorical. Also, we all assumed, that the vision with little girl, running towards house with red door, is Dany's past, and the girl is Dany herself. But what if that's wrong? Maybe, the girl is Dany's daughter, and thus, it's a vision of the future, same as the scene with slaves, is from the future, and, maybe, the scene with crones, is also from the future (when Dany will be brought back to Vaes Dothrak). Maybe, that bloody corpse is not wineseller, maybe, this was also a scene from the future, and that man is Hizdahr. That wineseller tried to poison Dany, and was dragged by her horse until he died. If it was Hizdahr, who has tried to poison Dany with sweet locusts, then, when she will return to Meereen, she may do to him the same thing, as was done previously to that wineseller. So, actually, out of those six scenes from above, only one - with Mirri Maz Duur - is confirmed, as the vision of the past, while the other five could be from the future. So it's possible, that the scene with "while lion", whatever that will be, hasn't happened yet. And thus, it could be something related to Bloodraven, Shiera and Second Long Night.

1 hour ago, Megorova said:

He said, it was from Dorne. Dorne = snakes = poison.

Aside from plums being one of components of that wine, and the wineseller, having flaxen hair, same as Maynard Plumm in The Mystery Knight, there's no other connections between this and that.

Though, aside from Dany's Hrakkar cloak, there was one more scene with white lion. ACOK, Dany IV:

Now the question is - is that a vision of the past, or is it something else? That scene with white lion, is that the lion, that was killed by Drogo, or, maybe, that didn't happened yet, and it's not what it seems? Maybe, that white lion, is the same, as the vision of the mummers dragon - something, that hasn't happened yet, and is actually not what it seems. Like the mummers dragon, is actually fAegon, and not a toy-dragon. So that white lion also could be something metaphorical. Also, we all assumed, that the vision with little girl, running towards house with red door, is Dany's past, and the girl is Dany herself. But what if that's wrong? Maybe, the girl is Dany's daughter, and thus, it's a vision of the future, same as the scene with slaves, is from the future, and, maybe, the scene with crones, is also from the future (when Dany will be brought back to Vaes Dothrak). Maybe, that bloody corpse is not wineseller, maybe, this was also a scene from the future, and that man is Hizdahr. That wineseller tried to poison Dany, and was dragged by her horse until he died. If it was Hizdahr, who has tried to poison Dany with sweet locusts, then, when she will return to Meereen, she may do to him the same thing, as was done previously to that wineseller. So, actually, out of those six scenes from above, only one - with Mirri Maz Duur - is confirmed, as the vision of the past, while the other five could be from the future. So it's possible, that the scene with "while lion", whatever that will be, hasn't happened yet. And thus, it could be something related to Bloodraven, Shiera and Second Long Night.

It is possible Lion is the one Drogo slayed because all these visions are related to Daenerys, including visions of the present, and HotU cloth dragon is banner of Targaryen for me and not Aegon. 

9 minutes ago, Jova Snow said:

HotU cloth dragon is banner of Targaryen for me and not Aegon. 

But it was in a trinity of visions, titled "slayer of lies", alongside with Stannis, as fake Azor Ahai, and Jon Snow, as a bastard of Starks.

If it was just a banner of Targaryens, then why is it a lie, that Dany will have to slay?

1 hour ago, Megorova said:

But it was in a trinity of visions, titled "slayer of lies", alongside with Stannis, as fake Azor Ahai, and Jon Snow, as a bastard of Starks.

If it was just a banner of Targaryens, then why is it a lie, that Dany will have to slay?

That she isn't fully Targaryen? Interpretation is always open for these visions and what makes you think Jon isn't a Stark considering he is one through his mother if you believe in RLJ (I don't) so there is nothing to slay there and Stannis could be AA not in the way readers expect someone who alone will save the world miraculously but a man who will fight this the bitter and then more someone who knows even AA didn't win the battle for Dawn alone. 

On 12/15/2018 at 2:41 PM, Jova Snow said:

This thread is inspired by @AlaskanSandman 's thread 

I have written lengthy replies but I wanted to open a thread myself for speculations, relations and questions about God Emperors. Long post so I am using quotes! 

We are sipping the same kool aid.

1 hour ago, M_Tootles said:

I have read your post on Reddit! I wrote a part two - where I talk about Lion and Maiden more, I am currently thinking if MMoL is Amber and LoN is Obsidian - I also wrote about a missing Gemstone Emperor related to Bloodstone and Amethyst here's the link

I talked about Wyn being a rare name what an idiot I completely forget Torwyn! And Wyn means Joy - Tormund (Tower + Hand), Torwyn (Tower + Joy), Toregg (Tower + Egg/Aegon), Dormund (Gate + Hand) and Munda (Wisdom) - GEROLD Hightower was at ToJ along with Oswell Whent and while Gerold wasn't Hand of the King he was Lord Commander and they have their own tower so is it possible there is another secret tunnel to Chataya because I believe Gerold could have an affair too. 

Archived