Sansa - 5

Cersei - 6

Arya - 5

Melisandre - 7

Aero Hotah - 1

Davos - 5

Plus Prologue & Epilogue:

95 CHAPTERS

I think this thread has been made before but nevertheless, it is thoroughly buried, so I will partake and add some predictions as well.

Dany - 11

Spoiler

1. Capture by Dothraki
2. to Vaes Dothrak
3. Dosh Khaleen - I do think we will see her with the Dosh Khaleen.  It was where she was supposed to go when Drogo died, and it was prophesied with the withered crones coming out naked from the lake.
4. Escape from Vaes Dothrak
5. Return to Meereen
6. Meeting her visitors
7. Volantis
8. Pentos - I think here she will confront Illyrio and learn of Aegon, and then head to Dorne.
9. In Dorne - confrontation with Doran Martell regarding Aegon and Quentyn.
10. Dance of the Dragons Part II ravages Dorne
11. Dany heads to Dragonstone

Tyrion- 9

Spoiler

1. Sample Chapter 1.
2. Sample 2.
3. Post Battle of Meereen - inside Meereen, meeting Barristan and Vicatrion
4. Tentative peace - helping rule Meereen
5. Meeting Daenerys
6. Counciling Daenerys
7. Perspective on Dorne
8. Perspective after Dance P2 in Dorne
9. To Dragonstone

Barristan- 4
Victarion- 4
Jon- 10 - one in Ghost
Arya- 5
Sansa- 5
Arianne- 5
Asha- 3
Theon- 4
Cersei- 5
Jaime- 5
Areo- 4
Jon Con- 4
Melisandre- 3
Davos- 5
Aeron- 2
Bran- 6
Brienne- 4

Total: 98 and then an additional prologue and epilogue

I am wishy washy with a lot of things. I can't figure out exactly how it is going to go! But given the imagery in Arianne's Winds samples regarding dragons dancing, I think that the Dance part 2 is going to happen, so I feel somewhat comfortable about my content predictions for Dany and Tyrion.  Everything else - blah!

50 minutes ago, Lady Rhodes said:

I think this thread has been made before but nevertheless, it is thoroughly buried, so I will partake and add some predictions as well.

Dany - 11

Hide contents

1. Capture by Dothraki
2. to Vaes Dothrak
3. Dosh Khaleen - I do think we will see her with the Dosh Khaleen.  It was where she was supposed to go when Drogo died, and it was prophesied with the withered crones coming out naked from the lake.
4. Escape from Vaes Dothrak
5. Return to Meereen
6. Meeting her visitors
7. Volantis
8. Pentos - I think here she will confront Illyrio and learn of Aegon, and then head to Dorne.
9. In Dorne - confrontation with Doran Martell regarding Aegon and Quentyn.
10. Dance of the Dragons Part II ravages Dorne
11. Dany heads to Dragonstone

Tyrion- 9

Hide contents

1. Sample Chapter 1.
2. Sample 2.
3. Post Battle of Meereen - inside Meereen, meeting Barristan and Vicatrion
4. Tentative peace - helping rule Meereen
5. Meeting Daenerys
6. Counciling Daenerys
7. Perspective on Dorne
8. Perspective after Dance P2 in Dorne
9. To Dragonstone

Barristan- 4
Victarion- 4
Jon- 10 - one in Ghost
Arya- 5
Sansa- 5
Arianne- 5
Asha- 3
Theon- 4
Cersei- 5
Jaime- 5
Areo- 4
Jon Con- 4
Melisandre- 3
Davos- 5
Aeron- 2
Bran- 6
Brienne- 4

I am wishy washy with a lot of things. I can't figure out exactly how it is going to go! But given the imagery in Arianne's Winds samples regarding dragons dancing, I think that the Dance part 2 is going to happen, so I feel somewhat comfortable about my content predictions for Dany and Tyrion.  Everything else - blah!

There is a sample two for Tyrion? :wideeyed:

49 minutes ago, Lady Rhodes said:

I have no idea why you think danny would go to dorne or dragonstone. First, dorne is the only place dragons couldn t really conquer so would be an awfull place to start a conquest using dragons and if people believe in fAegon then dorne would be his greatest supporter. Things would be pretty bloody for everyone in dorne if she started he war there.

In regards to dragonstone, why go there? It is an Island fortress… Either she uses dragons and burns her familly's fortress or if it is properly managed she will loose lots of men to conquer a place that has little value and can t sustain a big army for long ( at least it is what I think in theory).

I think either the vale (because of food and being neutral until now) or the westerlands (because of gold, tyrions knowledge of the place and gold) would be much more interesting targets.

3 hours ago, Marcelowww said:

This is mine prediction of the chapters, pls post yours 

Daenerys- 10

I strongly believe we'll see her in Westeros just in A Dream of Spring

Tyrion - 8

Victarion - 5

Barristan - 7

Theon - 3 

I dont believe he'll survive, Stannnis for sure will kill him

Aeron - 4

Arianne - 3

Jon Connington - 4

Bran - 3

Jaime - 4

I dont think he will die

Brienne - 2

Asha - 6

Sansa - 5

Cersei - 6

Arya - 5

Melisandre - 7

Aero Hotah - 1

Davos - 5

95 CHAPTERS

95 chapters is waaay too many for one book.  Storm of Swords has the most so far at 82, and his chapters are getting longer, not shorter.  I think somewhere around 80 chapters is the effective maximum.  My take:

Daenerys - 8

Tyrion - 7

Arya - 7

Sansa - 7

Jon - 6   I think he comes back quickly

Bran - 6

Cersei - 5

Samwell - 4

Davos - 4

Jaime - 3

Brienne - 3

Theon - 3

Asha - 3

Arianne - 3

Melisandre - 3

Barristan - 3

Victarion - 2

Aeron - 2

JonCon - 1

Areo Hotah - 1

Prologue, no epilogue

82 chapters, which is doable. 

A focus on the main characters, with an expectation that there will be lots of consolidation of story lines.

1 hour ago, divica said:

I have no idea why you think danny would go to dorne or dragonstone. First, dorne is the only place dragons couldn t really conquer so would be an awfull place to start a conquest using dragons and if people believe in fAegon then dorne would be his greatest supporter. Things would be pretty bloody for everyone in dorne if she started he war there.

In regards to dragonstone, why go there? It is an Island fortress… Either she uses dragons and burns her familly's fortress or if it is properly managed she will loose lots of men to conquer a place that has little value and can t sustain a big army for long ( at least it is what I think in theory).

I think either the vale (because of food and being neutral until now) or the westerlands (because of gold, tyrions knowledge of the place and gold) would be much more interesting targets.

I think Dorne because there was heavy foreshadowing in Arianne’s Winds chapter (a girl with the gift of sight and she dreamed of dragons dancing and wherever they flew people screamed. That is a brief paraphrase) we have Arianne with a known proclivity for rashness and lack of thinking things through and I doubt she really has learned from the Myrcella debacle. We have the symbolism of the overripe blood oranges and falling and splattering when they hit. I think Arianne is going to declare Dorne for Aegon and, fake or real, they will fight in Dorne and Dorne will pay a heavy price. 

Regarding dragonstone, I think it will be largely symbolic. As of this point, it is a sparsely garrisoned castle that is being taken (or was it taken?) by Loras and co. And he sustained injuries. Seems ripe for the picking 

This is mine prediction of the chapters, pls post yours 

Daenerys- 10

I strongly believe we'll see her in Westeros just in A Dream of Spring

Tyrion - 8

Victarion - 5

Barristan - 7

Theon - 3 

I dont believe he'll survive, Stannnis for sure will kill him

Aeron - 4

Arianne - 3

Jon Connington - 4

Bran - 3

Jaime - 4

I dont think he will die

Brienne - 2

Asha - 6

Sansa - 5

Cersei - 6

Arya - 5

Melisandre - 7

Aero Hotah - 1

Davos - 5

95 CHAPTERS

I don't want to commit a guess but I will give an opinion.  The number of chapters is not indicative of the spot where the person stands in character rankings.   George saves Daenerys for his most dramatic chapters.  What we would call the pivotal chapters in the novels.  He is not about to give her the most chapters.  He saves his brightest star for when a big moment is called for in the story.  I do not think she will have the most chapters.  George doesn't want to reveal too much and he wants to keep us hungering for her chapters.  He will fill the books with the Cersei's, the Sansa's, and the like.  The plot would move, or crawl, from their pov.  Jon, I guess, is not going to have a pov chapter.  He will either die for good or come back in wolf form.  Bran will get a lot of chapters and might have the most, actually.  

2 hours ago, Euron Lannister said:

Isn't there a thread for this already? thats way to many in slaver's bay

thats way to many in slaver's bay

It's not enough, actually.  I believe what happens in Slaver's Bay and how quickly the slavers are defeated will determine what happens to the north.  Three of the main characters are already in Essos:  Daenerys Targaryen, Arya Stark, and Tyrion Lannister.  The story has been steadily moving to the east.  

95 CHAPTERS

2 hours ago, Lady Rhodes said:

Exactly how do you plan of fitting 100 or so chapters into one book?  ASOS and ADWD have been described as being as long as feasibly possible, and they have 82 and 73 chapters apiece.  While having 100 chapters would certainly make Martin's job a lot easier, unless he has 2 volumes or includes a magnifying glass, it isn't going to happen.  Unless he goes back to AGOT-length chapters, but given the length of the preview chapters, I doubt that as well.

23 minutes ago, Lady Rhodes said:

I think Dorne because there was heavy foreshadowing in Arianne’s Winds chapter (a girl with the gift of sight and she dreamed of dragons dancing and wherever they flew people screamed. That is a brief paraphrase) we have Arianne with a known proclivity for rashness and lack of thinking things through and I doubt she really has learned from the Myrcella debacle. We have the symbolism of the overripe blood oranges and falling and splattering when they hit. I think Arianne is going to declare Dorne for Aegon and, fake or real, they will fight in Dorne and Dorne will pay a heavy price.  

Regarding dragonstone, I think it will be largely symbolic. As of this point, it is a sparsely garrisoned castle that is being taken (or was it taken?) by Loras and co. And he sustained injuries. Seems ripe for the picking 

I completly agree about arianne declaring for Aegon and even marrying him. However, all we know from dorne is that is isn t conquerable. I think it would be a terrible starting point for her. How would she even keep her army fed for example? And how long would it take her to conquer dorne when they start their guerrilha tactics? While if she is succesful it would be a historical accomplishment it just sounds too risky and uncessary when she has the perfect oportunity to conquer casterly rock.

And dragonstone was sparsely garrisoned when stannis left it (1 or 2 hundred) and we know it was incridibly difficult for loras to take it. Imagine if the lannisters/tyrells leave there a thouseand men for example. It is just too costly and if danny's army is big enough it shouldn t be able to sustain her… Honestly, it sounds like two of the worst places to attack but I would also say the same about storms end...

1 hour ago, divica said:

Visenya, Rhaenys, and Aegon doesn't have desert warfare experience.  They actually had very little experience in big-scale war campaigns.  Daenerys has desert experience.  She will have had experience dealing with guerrilla resistance by the time she lands on Westeros.  Dorne will fall and it will fall hard if Arrianne is stupid enough to sway Aegon to oppose Daenerys.  

11 minutes ago, Nevets said:

Exactly how do you plan of fitting 100 or so chapters into one book?  ASOS and ADWD have been described as being as long as feasibly possible, and they have 82 and 73 chapters apiece.  While having 100 chapters would certainly make Martin's job a lot easier, unless he has 2 volumes or includes a magnifying glass, it isn't going to happen.  Unless he goes back to AGOT-length chapters, but given the length of the preview chapters, I doubt that as well.

I think winds needs to be the about 1.5 times the size of dance. Otherwise the story will move very little forward.

We will have almost all the povs of dance plus almost all the povs of feast. Even if some characters die early like theon, victarion or barristan we know that each of them will have a few chaps.

- Daenerys: 10 chapters. She will be the protagonist of this book. Dracarys!

- Cersei: 8 chapters. Her plot with the Tyrells has to be finished and Aegon's influence in King's Landing is a big threat.

- Tyrion: 8 chapters. Martin loves his dwarf. What can I do? 

- Arya: 7 chapters. Arya's side mission in Braavos will be revealed and completed and she will get the hell out of there.

- Jaime: 7 chapters. Lady Stoneheart and Red Wedding 2.0 are going to be big rocks in Jaime's path.

- Theon: 6 chapters. The Turncloak is back, more complex than never and leading the best chapters of this series. 

- Sansa: 6 chapters. It's time to Sansa Stark reclaim his home and become part of the game of thrones once for all.

- Arianne: 5 chapters. She will cover Aegon's campaign with Connington. 

- Melisandre: 5 chapters. Jon Snow is dead and will not get out of Ghost until the end of this book.

- Bran: 4 chapters. Four chapters with a lot of time travels, revelations and zombie apocalypses. 

- Victarion: 4 chapters. He will be victarioning Slaver's Bay and cutting tongues of stupid dwarfs. Great stuff. 

- Barristan: 4 chapters. The Bold is going to die. Rest in peace Ser Barristan.

- Samwell: 3 chapters. Sam is the only character in Oldtown and needs to find a way to defeat the Others (and cover Euron's attack). 

- Hotah: 2 chapters. Well... we can't hide from this boring parts.

- Connington: 2 chapters. He is a great character, but a secondary one.

- Aeron: 2 chapter. Goodbye Damphair. Someone will kill Euron for us, I promise.  

- Asha: 1 chapter. She will lost space to his brother, but something tells me Asha will die during his own chapter. 

Total: 84 chapters. The Winds of Winter is going to be the longest book in A Song of Ice and Fire. Let's celebrate. Sorry Davos.

2 minutes ago, divica said:

I think winds needs to be the about 1.5 times the size of dance. Otherwise the story will move very little forward.

We will have almost all the povs of dance plus almost all the povs of feast. Even if some characters die early like theon, victarion or barristan we know that each of them will have a few chaps.

The only way that is going to happen is with 2 volumes.  Dance's problem was that it was poorly paced, not that it wasn't long enough.  If he goes back to the pace of the first 3 books, he can probably make it work. 

See my list above.  While it spread things a little thinly, I think it is workable, if he takes out the fat.

34 minutes ago, Enuma Elish said:

Visenya, Rhaenys, and Aegon doesn't have desert warfare experience.  They actually had very little experience in big-scale war campaigns.  Daenerys has desert experience.  She will have had experience dealing with guerrilla resistance by the time she lands on Westeros.  Dorne will fall and it will fall hard if Arrianne is stupid enough to sway Aegon to oppose Daenerys.  

Please, lets not talk about fanfiction. Danny is not some military super genious better than the dude that learned about wat for years and conquered westeros...

So far danny has some experience marching an army and conquering a city. It isn t really compared to Aegon and company that were raised as lords (know how to lead) and conquered westeros. While danny is learning she still depends a lot on the advice of the military men she has at her side. And I have no idea where she would learn how to fight against dorne's techniques

36 minutes ago, Nevets said:

Depends on chapter lengths 

Archived