Army Mobilised as Drones Force Gatwick Airport To Close, Stranding Thousands

Spockydog

1 hour ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I’m surprised they aren’t just shooting them down.  Who needs the whole army just some good snipers and whoever is doing this will run out of drones very quickly.

The police spokesman said they weren't doing that just yet because they were worried about stray bullets.

10 hours ago, mormont said:

This government can't agree a policy on Brexit, can't organise a negotiation with the EU, and can't do anything at all without leaking against each other. There is no way they could organise a conspiracy to distract the country OR cover up alien activity. 

I did briefly wonder why there weren't better contingency plans for an event which may be unusual but was bound to happen at some point, then I realised that the department that would have been responsible for such contingency planning was run by Chris Grayling, and it all made sense.

24 minutes ago, The Mance said:

Your American is showing. :rolleyes:

Also, I thought we were already prepared for this sort of thing

Lol, reminds me of a musical video my buddy watch a lot in college, on, eh, er, "stuff":

Okay, seriously, what the fuck?

Their release came as Sussex Police said they were relying on eye witnesses and there may have been no "genuine drone activity in the first place".

Det Ch Supt Jason Tingley said no footage of a drone had been obtained.

He said there was "always a possibility" the reported sightings of drones were mistaken.[/quote]

Airport shut down for days on the say so of unverified witnesses with no footage from any of what must have been dozens if not hundreds of press and security cameras?  Aliens actually sounds more plausible.

19 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Well, this was shot from a plane stuck on the runway shortly after the incident began. For nearly 24 hours, this was the only available footage.

I think it's now been said that the light was a police helicopter, or possibly one of the police drones that was up and around.

On 12/23/2018 at 8:14 PM, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

So, will “oops” cover this one or is someone in deep shit?

It sounds like someone in Sussex police might be in trouble for giving this impression:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/dec/24/suggestion-that-drone-did-not-exist-down-to-poor-communications

Suggestions that there may never have been a drone at

Gatwick airport were down to “poor communications” rather than a genuine possibility that the incident was baseless, police have told the government.

There has been a damaged drone found near the airport perimeter that the police are examining, although there hasn't been any confirmation it was involved in the disruption.

Archived