Jaime and Tyrion's future reunion

Marcelowww

At the end of ASOS Tyrion is angry with Jaime because of  Tysha's revelation, and he says something about fighting Jaime with swords if they ever encounter each other again.

I have no doubt Tyrion has the courage to kill Cersei, but Jaime? The only person in the world that loved him and cared about him?!

So, which are your bets on what's gonna happen? Personally I think Tyrion will forgive him. 

2 hours ago, Geo Da Ray said:

I want more drama out of that family.  Tyrion and Jaime meet on the battle field.  One had to kill the other.  The survivor goes to strangle big sister.

I want them to kill Cersei together.  And if they fight Tyrion will kill useless Jaime.

If Tyrion and Jaime ever meet again, which I doubt, because it seems to be a trend in ASOIAF where people part and never see each other again, I think Tyrion will have worked through his rage. Tyrion continues to remember how he killed his father and Shae, continues to obsess over Tysha, continues to ask everyone he runs into "Where to whores go?", as if that is supposed to make sense. He doesn't brood over Jaime as much and when he does, it seems to be more sadness than anger.

I would expect an initially hostile confrontation which would phase into civil conversation. The brotherly love may eventually come back, but not soon.

I don't see any circumstance where Tyrion can go back to 7K without an army. Consider the other possible reason/means by which he might go; On his own, as an emissary, as a diversion, or as part of an army.  (There are many more I am sure)

'On his own' is interesting. I say on his own, obviously he wouldn't go alone, but by his own decision. There would have to be a very important reason for that. Like say love, revenge or redemption. (are those the same thing??) All three are available to the character and could be combined if say Jamie is killed by Cersie.  One possibility, and this is a circumstance supported by the text, there is going to be a showdown involving controlling dragons very soon. Tyrion will be present for that, barring his untimely demise on a confused battlefield. Whose to say what GRRM is going to do there.  BUT if certain tinfoil theories about Tyrion's lineage are true, control may be contested. To far out for me, but given the circumstance that he is there I include it as possibly his way back into the game.

'As an emissary' is unlikely. Who for? And who to? He is not yet directly in service to Dany IIRC. The Jon Snow connection seems thin to me, Jon being dead and all ATM. And there is no connection other than the red priests.  To dorne? Bravos and the IB? Hmm. Interesting.  

'With an army.' As previously stated, an 'as I lay dying' scenario seems a fitting reunion. I think that may be lame but GRRM can write like a MF'r . So we will see how it plays out.

That Night Tyrion Lannister dreamed of a battle that turned the hills of Westeros as read as blood. He was in the midst of it, dealing death with an axe as big as he was, fighting side by side with Barristan the Bold and Bittersteel as dragons wheeled across the sky above them. In the dream he had two heads, both noseless. His father led the enemy, so he slwe him once again. Then he killed his brother, Jamie, hacking at his face until it was a red ruin, laughing every time he struck a blow. Only when the fight was finished did he realize that his second head was weeping.

There's something about here that makes me think they'll meet in battle.

Jaime will probably be in Casterly Rock when Tyrion makes the Second Sons invade the castle by its drains. 

This invasion can have any result in my opinion, but I think Tyrion will fulfill his ambition of being Lord of the Rock during at least a couple of days.  And it's unlikely that Martin would not include a pretty nasty and resentful dialogue between the Lannisters in a chapter like that. Cersei might be there too, ready to be killed, so it can be even funnier to read. 

13 hours ago, White Ravens said:

I have my doubts about Jaime and Tyrion seeing each other again but if it does come to pass I really hope that it will result in Tyrion finally ending the loop in his brain that causes him to keep asking himself "where do whores go?".

11 hours ago, Bastard of Bournemouth said:

And end Jaime's own feedback loop:  "She's been fucking Lancel and Osmund Kettleblack, and probably Moon Boy for all I know" .

Maybe it's a Lannister trait.

Both these quotes are extremely irritating.

Archived