Baratheon claimants?

LadyTargaryen1

On 12/31/2018 at 2:22 AM, Seaserpent said:

I dont take anything from forums, but we dont need forums to discuss things if everything in the book 100% the truth. 

Which is fair enough, but

• there are multiple quotes from different characters and different era's telling the reader that a King/Lord can put aside their wife
  • there are no sources from the books claiming it is not possible
  • the reactions of Cat and Stannis to Renly's claim are not of it being impossible
  • it makes zero sense for Renly to laugh at Stannis' story of Cersei cheating if in the very next paragraph his claims of a second marriage is evidence he knew about it. He'd be contradicting himself on the very same page. 

I gave you Cersei as an example. Everything she thinks is completely stupid and she always fills in for other people what they think of her and everybody is the enemy.

I have no idea what point you are trying to make here. 

If Cersei was the only one who thought it possible you might have an argument, she's not. 

So thats the same for Renly who not even have a POV character, all of his moves are suspicious. But you think he just tried something out by inform about Maragary and Lyanna and i think he has a more smarter plan with it.

No, all of his moves are not suspicious. 

We know his plan, Varys has the letters sent back and forth between Renly & Loras and the other Tyrells

The Knight of Flowers writes Highgarden, urging his lord father to send his sister to court. The girl is a maid of fourteen, sweet and beautiful and tractable, and Lord Renly and Ser Loras intend that Robert should bed her, wed her, and make a new queen. 

We know their plan, it not only backs up Renly's comments but  confirms Cersei's suspicions. Three separate source!

But you have no evidence of an anullment somewhere in history of 2 married people where being bored is the reason.

Where in any of my posts did I say 'boredom' would be the reason? 

I quoted Robert that he married out of duty and somebody who does that is not even thinking about taking other wives and not even know how the faith will react.

eh? 

At no point did I claim it would succeed, I actually said it would be unlikely to. A plan can still be made that can fail, but Renly's plan was to seduce his brother and replace Cersei.

Though you are wrong, Robert had plenty of reasons to replace the wife who would not sleep with him and constantly argued with him. 

8 hours ago, Bernie Mac said:

Which is fair enough, but

• there are multiple quotes from different characters and different era's telling the reader that a King/Lord can put aside their wife
  • there are no sources from the books claiming it is not possible
  • the reactions of Cat and Stannis to Renly's claim are not of it being impossible
  • it makes zero sense for Renly to laugh at Stannis' story of Cersei cheating if in the very next paragraph his claims of a second marriage is evidence he knew about it. He'd be contradicting himself on the very same page. 

I have no idea what point you are trying to make here. 

If Cersei was the only one who thought it possible you might have an argument, she's not. 

No, all of his moves are not suspicious. 

We know his plan, Varys has the letters sent back and forth between Renly & Loras and the other Tyrells

The Knight of Flowers writes Highgarden, urging his lord father to send his sister to court. The girl is a maid of fourteen, sweet and beautiful and tractable, and Lord Renly and Ser Loras intend that Robert should bed her, wed her, and make a new queen. 

We know their plan, it not only backs up Renly's comments but  confirms Cersei's suspicions. Three separate source!

Where in any of my posts did I say 'boredom' would be the reason? 

eh? 

At no point did I claim it would succeed, I actually said it would be unlikely to. A plan can still be made that can fail, but Renly's plan was to seduce his brother and replace Cersei.

Though you are wrong, Robert had plenty of reasons to replace the wife who would not sleep with him and constantly argued with him. 

*A king and lord of whoever can do anything to his wife even beat her to death, but the consequences for Robert in this case are so very high. (Talking about the Religious houses and people, his father in law and the faith itself). So an annulment done by the faith with a legitimate reason is for me the only solution. Jon and Stannis knew about the bastards from Cersei, so also about Cerseis infidelity. Why would Renly, LF and Varys not know it, even when their spies are 100 times more effective as those two. I Agree with you that in the book this is not confirmed, like all theories. 

"I did not keep silent," Stannis declared. I brought my suspicions to Jon Arryn... I believed Robert would be more disposed to listen if the charges came from Lord Arryn, whom he loved" 

So i still dont know why you want to hear Cat and Stannis tell about the laws of the Throne and Faith, when one is suspecting Cersei and the other one hates her. What you talk about all happened after that.

*I told about boredom myself, when i quoted Robert, but restless, is a better word like he said. But restless can in Roberts case also solved by going going to war and Cersei dont know anything about her husband than. Whores and girls he has enough.

Robert let us know that he hated to be the king, he wants to fight also in the Melee and he is angry at Dany who is on the other side of the world. I think his restless has nothing to do with Cersei and Renly and other people who are close to him should have know this.

* You think it could fail the plan, but this plan is way too bizar! I think Renly and the Tyrells are smarter than this and this is the only thing i can come up with, that they secretly knew about it. And i really dont understand why Renly have to tell his biggest enemy Stannis about the infidelity, when it could make Renly king and even Tywinn cant do anything if Cersei is proven guilty. 

"He inspires no love or loyalty. He's not a king. I am."

Renly is very close to LF, so it would really suprise me that Jon Arryn knew much more than those two, but its possible.

Archived