Video Games: In the Grim Darkness of licensed Games.

Toth

The Last of Us is not exactly what I expected, and so far it feels like one of the hardest games I've ever played. This one is going to take a long time to beat. FML. 

Also, in Madden, Kirk Cousins now has over 60 TDs through 11 games. Why can't real life Kirk be more like that? :bawl:

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

The Last of Us is not exactly what I expected, and so far it feels like one of the hardest games I've ever played. This one is going to take a long time to beat. FML. 

Also, in Madden, Kirk Cousins now has over 60 TDs through 11 games. Why can't real life Kirk be more like that? :bawl:

Play on All-Madden you fucking disgrace!

5 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

There's less features in Madden 19 than there were in Madden 08.

It's almost like exclusive licensing deals stifle innovation.

I feel like the last version of Madden I had was when they started introducing the feature that let you control the ball's trajectory right before you threw it. It was pretty clunky at the time. And here I am having to run the boring offense because Cousins can't move at all. Madden is so much easier with a mobile QB, and your boy Vick used to be the cheat code of all cheat codes in sports video games with the possible exception of Vince Carter.

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I feel like the last version of Madden I had was when they started introducing the feature that let you control the ball's trajectory right before you threw it. It was pretty clunky at the time. And here I am having to run the boring offense because Cousins can't move at all. Madden is so much easier with a mobile QB, and your boy Vick used to be the cheat code of all cheat codes in sports video games with the possible exception of Vince Carter.

Back in MY day!!!

Started playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider, the latest of the new Lara Croft games. It's not quite clicking for me, and its hard to place why, since I really liked the first two of the new games. On the surface it seems like just more Tomb Raider, which I'd be fine with; except it seems a bit too by the numbers. Also, maybe I was spoiled by AC: Odyssey, but there's lots of little things about the controls and the animations that bug me in Tomb Raider. For instance, if Lara tries to open a door and isn't right in front of it, she will magically slide over to be in the right place for the animation to fire; which looks terrible. There's nothing to be done about that, but I'm hoping the story at least picks up as the game finds its groove. My understanding though is that it's only around a 15 hour game, so there's not actually much time for that to happen.

I also picked up Catherine now that it's on PC (really hoping this means the Persona games eventually show up too). The gameplay is fun, though surprisingly hard. I wasn't expecting literally every male character (except maybe the younger guy) in the game to be a complete shitbags though. The game acknowledges that they are terrible, which is something, but it does make it hard to progress through the story when I kinda want all of them to die in a fire. The game tutorials sometimes say things like "You should encourage your fellow bar patrons when they are feeling down" and I don't want to, these people deserve to suffer. There's only three female characters of note in the game, and I want them to just ran away from all this and be happy elsewhere.

16 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

You get better as you go. It's not an open world so the story is streamlined. It won't take that long.

18 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Randy Moss was cheap as fuck back in the day too.  We had him and Vick banned in college, Oddjob style.

3 hours ago, briantw said:

Randy Moss was cheap as fuck back in the day too.  We had him and Vick banned in college, Oddjob style.

Moss was good but because he's not a QB nowhere near Vick annoyance level.  The only one I'd put in that level is Bo Jackson in Tecmo Bowl because it may be impossible to not score a td every single play as him.  As for Odd job, the more fun way instead of outright banning him was to only have him banned the first match, then whomever came in last (or replaced the last if more than 4) was forced to play as Oddjob as a mark of shame.

2 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

Moss was good but because he's not a QB nowhere near Vick annoyance level.  The only one I'd put in that level is Bo Jackson in Tecmo Bowl because it may be impossible to not score a t every single play as him.  As for Odd job, the more fun way instead of outright banning him was to only have him banned the first match, then whomever came in last (or replaced the last if more than 4) was forced to play as Oddjob as a mark of shame.

All I remember from college is that you could basically just call a hail mary every play and Moss would easily burn the DBs for an easy touchdown.  The only way to stop him was to just tackle his ass while the ball was in the air and eat a PI call.  Thus, the banning.  

7 hours ago, Mexal said:

You get better as you go. It's not an open world so the story is streamlined. It won't take that long.

That's actually a bummer. I originally thought it was open world. That's the format I like best. My problem though is I'm stuck in an area where I need to sneak around in the dark and kill these things from behind. They always turn around and it's an instant death.

5 hours ago, briantw said:

Moss was the best, but any fast receivers will do. I am murdering teams with Diggs and Thielen because they can get over the top on anyone. Just run an isolated go route and stack everyone else on the other side to pull the safeties. Works every time.

Slurktan is right though. Vick is on a whole other level. Just roll him out every time and he became unstoppable. 

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

That's actually a bummer. I originally thought it was open world. That's the format I like best. My problem though is I'm stuck in an area where I need to sneak around in the dark and kill these things from behind. They always turn around and it's an instant death.

Where are you in the story? Are you referring to the clickers, I'm guessing?

On 1/14/2019 at 6:37 PM, Tywin et al. said:

, and your boy Vick used to be the cheat code of all cheat codes in sports video games with the possible exception of Vince Carter.

Sweet summer child.... spoken as only someone who has never played Tecmo Super Bowl could speak.

@Slurktan is correct.  The only correct answer here is Bo Jackson.

15 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Sweet summer child.... spoken as only someone who has never played Tecmo Super Bowl could speak.

Bo Jackson was literally a cheat code. If you followed the formula there was absolutely nothing to be done.

11 hours ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Yeah, pretty sure that's it. I've tried it like two dozen times now with no luck.

10 hours ago, Rhom said:

Nah, I’m keeping it specific to Madden, otherwise we’d also have to look at NFL Blitz.

15 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I'm the opposite. I much prefer a more linear, story driven game because I enjoy the story aspect of it. I lose a ton of momentum in open games because there is so much to do. It's why I never finished Fallout IV or played Skyrim. I'm doing well in RDR2 though.

11 hours ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

That was my thought. I found it to be a bitch the first time I was there.

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Yeah, pretty sure that's it. I've tried it like two dozen times now with no luck.

Nah, I’m keeping it specific to Madden, otherwise we’d also have to look at NFL Blitz.

You either can't or basically can't stealth kill Clickers. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Archived