Killing Eve (BBC America/BBC One)

AncalagonTheBlack

• 3 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Season 2 Official Trailer.Premieres on BBC America April 7 at 8pm

Hopefully the UK gets it around the same time this season as we had to wait until September last time. Given it was a relatively big hit in UK there might be a shorter turnaround. Be great if it starts after fleabag finishes - the season 2 premier was excellent. Best thing I've seen in 2019 so far

4 minutes ago, red snow said:

Hopefully the UK gets it around the same time this season as we had to wait until September last time.

They've promised the wait won't be as long this time, though it almost definitely won't be actually simultaneous.

4 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

They've promised the wait won't be as long this time, though it almost definitely won't be actually simultaneous.

I'll settle for getting it once it finishes airing in America. It's always a bit confusing how BBC America is a separate entity when it comes to their original programming. I imagine it causes lots of "but i pay for a tv licence" grumblings in UK even though the only money BBC UK will spend is on securing uk broadcast rights

7 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I’m looking forward to this so much more than to GoT. 

I think my expectations are a lot lower for GOT even if i am looky forward to it. With KE i have high expectations so there's a little bit of dread that it won't be as good without the showrunner's stamp

1 hour ago, red snow said:

I think my expectations are a lot lower for GOT even if i am looky forward to it. With KE i have high expectations so there's a little bit of dread that it won't be as good without the showrunner's stamp

I’m trying to train myself to have minimum to no expectations of anything. With GoT, I’m at the point of expecting it to be worse than terrible. But I’m sure it’ll still surprise me. As for Killing Eve, Villanelle will be enough entertainment to make up for whatever shit the plot throws at us.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Her empathy for that hospital kid had me asking for a second if we were seeing the beginning of her redemption arc.... and then, No.  Really not.  But then again,...maybe a little bit.  Considering. 

It was a party overall, more important to me than going to a BBQ!  Even higher priority than looking at wrestlemania highlites.  Lots of laughs.  from Eve's coping methods to her boss interactions.    :drool:

• 2 weeks later...

That second episode was dark as hell, without much comedy thrown in. Villanelle's facial expression when he called her "angel" was priceless though.

The third episode was a little bit back to form. Villanelle's jealousy over the new assassin and Eve's supposed focus on her :) I'm happy to see Villanelle and Konstantin back together again. "HELP" :) 

• 2 weeks later...

So, did the wife hire Villanelle to off her husband in Amsterdam? She looked unsurprised and grimly satisfied when Villanelle killed him. And Konstantin's shirt :)      

13 hours ago, Astromech said:

So, did the wife hire Villanelle to off her husband in Amsterdam? She looked unsurprised and grimly satisfied when Villanelle killed him. And Konstantin's shirt :)      

Yeah that was my interpretation - they're doing freelance work that Vilanelle is contemptuous of and in this case it was killing a cheating husband.

That's what I thought. I only recognized the wife almost after the fact. It made more sense remembering Villanelle was actually watching them earlier in the episode. Oh, the ennui of being an international assassin! Poor Villanelle.

Archived