Which book has the best final chapter?

Lumosaca

I have to go with A Clash of Kings.

The other endings always try to look amazing with their many plot twists involving dragons, zombies and assassin groups. The ending of A Clash of Kings, by the other hand, is just a wonderful mix of sadness and hope. It remains one of the most beautiful scenes in the series.   

At the edge of the wolfswood, Bran turned in his basket for one last glimpse of the castle that had been his life. Wisps of smoke still rose into the grey sky, but no more than might have risen from Winterfell’s chimneys on a cold autumn afternoon. Soot stains marked some of the arrow loops, and here and there a crack or a missing merlon could be seen in the curtain wall, but it seemed little enough from this distance. Beyond, the tops of the keeps and towers still stood as they had for hundreds of years, and it was hard to tell that the castle had been sacked and burned at all. The stone is strong, Bran told himself, the roots of the trees go deep, and under the ground the Kings of Winter sit their thrones. So long as those remained, Winterfell remained. It was not dead, just broken. Like me, he thought. I’m not dead either.

:agree:

Come on, Thrones is the best by a mile. After all Dany has been through:

Wordless, the knight fell to his knees. The men of her khas came up behind him. Jhogo was the first to lay his arakh at her feet. "Blood of my blood," he murmured, pushing his face to the smoking earth. "Blood of my blood," she heard Aggo echo. "Blood of my blood," Rakharo shouted.

And after them came her handmaids, and then the others, all the Dothraki, men and women and children, and Dany had only to look at their eyes to know that they were hers now, today and tomorrow and forever, hers as they had never been Drogo's.

As Daenerys Targaryen rose to her feet, her black hissed, pale smoke venting from its mouth and nostrils. The other two pulled away from her breasts and added their voices to the call, translucent wings unfolding and stirring the air, and for the first time in hundreds of years, the night came alive with the music of dragons.

A Dance With Dragons.

2 hours ago, Makk said:

I liked Dance. Seeing Kevan in council, then with Cersei, and then Varys were all good scenes with hints of what is to come. We learnt an awful lot for one chapter.

And the winter finally arriving, that epilogue is very good.

I have to agree that Game of Thrones has the best final chapter and it's not even close. Now if we are asking which book has the better epilogue that's a much harder question. I guess my answer would be ADWD with that Varys monologue but man that ASOS LSH reveal makes it a tough choice. 

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 3:52 PM, Universal Sword Donor said:

Dance personally, but I’d have to go back and check each epilogue since I only remember Dance

That's probably because only ASoS and ADwD have epilogues.

Currently I'd have to jump on the AGoT bandwagon, but I'm going to be proactive and say that after all of this waiting the best final chapter better be in the final book! :bang:

Archived