Which book has the best final chapter?

Lumosaca

On 12/27/2018 at 3:11 PM, King Aegon I Targaryen said:

For me its A Storm of Swords. I remember being so depressed about what happened to the Starks, and how Houses Bolton and Frey got away with it, then we see the Catelyn is alive and killing off House Frey one at a time. 

I do think that was a hell of a cliffhanger, but I wouldn't exactly say Catelyn is alive.

I really like the Samwell chapter at the end of A Feast for Crows with it's revelations about the Archmaesters and the reveal about Jaqen H'ghar/Pate.  We learn that the glass candles are burning and that Archmaester Marwyn, an outsider at the Citadel, has one in his chambers on the Isle of Ravens and that he knows how to use it.  In fact he is already aware of Sam's activities because he has been watching him with the candle.  He reveals that the Archmaesters of the Citadel have been plotting for a long time to eliminate magic from the world and decides that he needs to rush to aid Daenerys at Slaver's Bay so that the Archmaesters don't get there first to bring harm to her dragons.  This is all really big stuff with potential to greatly influence upcoming events, but wait, there's more!  The chapter concludes with Sam meeting the novice Pate who readers know is actually Jaqen H'ghar in disguise, which leads us to wonder why the House of Black and White has sent him to the Citadel?

Archived