Jon Snow's Real Name

Lucia Targaryen

2 hours ago, The Map Guy said:

Well I do believe Shiera Seastar/Bloodraven(aka 3EC) are working together (and are responsible for the shadow assassin at Summerhall!).

I don't think, that they are working together, more like - she's working against him.

3 hours ago, The Map Guy said:

Bloodraven has Dark Sister ... is that a clue? 

Just because he had it with him, when he went to join Night's Watch, doesn't mean, that he still has it. I think, that when Shiera binded her ex-lover to the Weirwood, she took Dark Sister with her, when she left him in that cave. So later she will probably give Dark Sister to Dany.

3 hours ago, The Map Guy said:

There is a small percentage that Rhaego may be alive, but its small. No way the Dothraki would take something given to them by the witch Mirri Maz Dur, and the Dothraki worship strength in their khals, not blood. Rhaego is worthless to them.

It's the same, as saying, that Jesus is worthless to Christians. All Dothraki for thousands years were waiting for Rhaego's birth. They even build Vaes Dothrak for him. 10 thousands of Drogo's people, went with Pono, and agreed to him becoming a Khal, just because he was the one, who took Rhaego, to raise him. And less than 2 years later, his khalasar already has 30 thousands in it. Looks like Dothraki from other khalasars ditched their own tribes, and joined Pono's tribe, all because of Rhaego. So, who has Rhaego, has all the power. Even khals Zekko and Motho fear Pono's khalasar. All because of Rhaego.

23 hours ago, Bael's Bastard said:

he was DOA in the first book over twenty years ago.

The fact, that out of hundreds of thousands Dothraki, that inhabit Essos, in the end of ADWD, Dany met none other than Pono, is an evidence, that GRRM throughout all five books is still writing the same path for Rhaego, that he is alive, and that he is Khal of khals. Even Rhaego's kos are khals. That's why Drogo's ex-ko, Pono, didn't commited suicide, like he was supposed to do after Drogo's death, and instead became a khal. Because he, as the last surviving of Drogo's ko, was obligated to take Rhaego, who thru his father to Pono was blood of his blood. Of course, if Rhaego was just an average son of an average khal, then Pono would have commited suicide, and other warriors from Drogo's khalasar would have decided thru combat, which of them is going to be a new khal of their khalasar. The fact that 1/4 of Drogo's khalasar chose to join Pono, and he didn't even had to fight with others to become a khal, is an evidence, that Rhaego is alive.

7 hours ago, Megorova said:

I don't think, that they are working together, more like - she's working against him.

I'm confused, who is the villain in your head canon? I got Bloodraven with the help of a sorceress.

So later she will probably give Dark Sister to Dany

I just think "Dark Sister" has a strong word-play meaning, and Dany is not as Dark as certain others.

It's the same, as saying, that Jesus is worthless to Christians. All Dothraki for thousands years were waiting for Rhaego's birth. They even build Vaes Dothrak for him. 10 thousands of Drogo's people, went with Pono, and agreed to him becoming a Khal, just because he was the one, who took Rhaego, to raise him. And less than 2 years later, his khalasar already has 30 thousands in it. Looks like Dothraki from other khalasars ditched their own tribes, and joined Pono's tribe, all because of Rhaego. So, who has Rhaego, has all the power. Even khals Zekko and Motho fear Pono's khalasar. All because of Rhaego.

Eh we'll wait for TWOW or ADOS.

But Rhaego of being 1% alive has increased to 2% alive with your explanation ... but only because the story reminds me of Rosemary's Baby, which is a missing link for me with another theory of mine.

But even so, this Rhaego story has plot holes: Why did the khalasar split after Rhaego's birth? How come Dany's group didn't go with them? And if Khal Pono did use Rhaego to recruit his larger army ... wouldn't his possession of Rhaego be public knowledge?

I believe "Rhaego, the Stallion that Mounts the World" is where GRRM tricks the audience.

"What is meaning, name Rhaego?" Khal Drogo asked as they walked, using the Common Tongue of the Seven Kingdoms. She had been teaching him a few words when she could. Drogo was quick to learn when he put his mind to it, though his accent was so thick and barbarous that neither Ser Jorah nor Viserys could understand a word he said.
"My brother Rhaegar was a fierce warrior, my sun-and-stars," she told him. "He died before I was born. Ser Jorah says that he was the last of the dragons."
Khal Drogo looked down at her. His face was a copper mask, yet under the long black mustache, drooping beneath the weight of its gold rings, she thought she glimpsed the shadow of a smile. "Is good name, Dan Ares wife, moon of my life," he said.

Daenerys V AGOT

The theme here is "lost in translation" or "mispronunciation" of names. With this theme, it suggests that "The Stallion that Mounts the World" is "Rhaego-mispronounced". I believe when ADOS comes out, the real Stallion that Mounts the World is "Rhaegal."

That's why Drogo's ex-ko, Pono, didn't commited suicide, like he was supposed to do after Drogo's death, and instead became a khal.

Pono saw Drogo following a maegi, and then fall off his horse. After Mirri Maz Dur's witch magic in the tent, Drogo didn't die yet. Pono felt like this was the time leave the weaken and unresponsive Drogo ... a khal that cannot ride is no khal at all. Dany kills Drogo, but Pono was already long gone by then.

8 hours ago, The Map Guy said:

I'm confused, who is the villain in your head canon? I got Bloodraven with the help of a sorceress.

In my opinion, shortly prior the first Long Night, when the Children were oppressed by First Men, to defend themselves, they asked Old Gods for protection, and performed some sort of seriously evil blood magic with the Weirwood, and that's how they created the Others. So the Others are "fruits" of the Weirwood, and are spiritually connected to it. And the Weirwood is a carnivore, that feeds on blood or souls. The Others could feed two ways - either directly, by killing living beings, and taking their life force, or thru their connection to the Weirwood. In second case, the greenseer, that is connected to the Weirwood Network, is the source of food for the Others. And now that "food" is Bloodraven, and all those Children, that Bran saw thru Hodor's eyes, while he was exploring those caves (all those Children, that, same as Bloodraven, were binded to that cave with tree roots).

After the Children created the Others, those creatures went into the world, and started to kill people, and to feed on their souls (that's how wights were created - they are souless bodies, possessed by "winter magic", with which they got "infected", when they were killed by the Others, or other wights. Sort of like a zombie or a vampire virus). The Others were mass murderers, insatiable and unstoppable, and always hungry. When the Children saw, what they have done, they were horrified, but they were unable to stop the Others, they were too powerful to be controlled (or the price of controlling them was too high). Furthermore, to control them, the Children had to sacrifice their own people to the Weirwood, to "wed" them to the trees. And when the Others killed all people in that area, they started to demand more food from the Children, and thus more greenseers had to be wedded to trees, to become a food for the Others. If that would have continued longer, then the Children would have became extinct, because of the Others' constant hunger. And after they would have "ate" all the Children, they would have went into the world, and killed everything alive on the planet.

And that's when the Last Hero came to the Children. They made a Pact, according to which LH, whose name was Bran Stark (the Builder), agreed to help the Children to get rid of the Others. They lured the Others further north, and with usage of magic, created The Wall. Then Bran had build Winterfell, above the Childrens' cave, where there were still left some of their greenseers, that were binded to the Weirwood. And Bran and his Stark descendants were giving blood sacrifices to the Weirwood tree in Winterfell's godswood, and thru that tree were fed the Others, that were beyond The Wall. And while they were fed that way, they were staying dormant. 

For several hundreds years no one saw the Others, and eventually Starks stopped giving blood sacrifices to their heart tree. Or maybe the Children, that were binded to it, had died. So, because all the Others were already beyond The Wall, and the Children, with whom Bran the Builder made the Pact (to feed the tree with blood), all died, the Starks thought, that their part of the Pact is done and over. Then the remaining Children, those that weren't binded to Starks' tree, went beyond The Wall. Probably they were forced to go there. So they relocated to a different cave. The one, in which they live now, where Bloodraven is.

Then, about 40 or so years ago, the Others were going to awaken. And Shiera Seastar, who had a gift of foresign (dragon dreams), knew about it, and thus tried to stall them. She went beyond The Wall, lured Bloodraven there, brought him to the Children, and made him to eat the weirwood seed paste. And that's how he got binded to that cave. I think that he was able to keep the Others dormant for several decades after that, because of his special blood. The original Pact was, most likely, made on blood, blood of the Starks, and Bloodraven is possibly partially Stark. I think that Cregan Starks' daughter, Mariah Stark, had married back into Blackwood family of her mother, and that Melissa Blackwood, Bloodraven's mother, was Mariah's daughter. And thus Bloodraven is 1/8 Stark (like Jon is 1/8 Dayne, thru Egg's grandmother, Dyanna Dayne). So what made Bloodraven to be a perfect sacrifce, and a greenseer, that was able for many years to keep the Others away, was his Stark blood.

Though, if the connection goes both ways, then it's likely, that when Bloodraven aged, and became weaker, the Others became able to control him, like he was controlling them, thru their connection with the Weirwood.

So, originally it was Shiera, who brought Bloodraven to the Children, and made him a greenseer. But that method of controlling the Others stopped working, and Shiera was searching for other ways to deal with them. She went to Asshai, learned shadow magic there. That's also when she met maester Marwyn and Mirri Maz Duur, and made both of them her disciples. She had also encountered Euron Greyjoy, and for some time he also was her disciple. That's why his nickname is the Crow's Eye, because Shiera is the Three-Eyed Crow, and Euron is binded to her thru blood magic, thru his eye, the one, that he keeps covered, to prevent Shiera from spying after him thru that eye. He has a house in Qarth, and there he is called Urrathon Nightwalker. Shiera had warned Dany about him, that the glass candles are burning in his house.

Thus, there is no Great Other. Bloodraven is just a victim. Shiera sacrificed him, for the greater good, to have more time, to find a way to get rid of the Others for good. But now, what she did earlier, had backfired, the Others have already returned, and they have surrounded the cave with the Children, so to survive the Children and Bloodraven have to cooperate with the Others. They all are just victims of circumstances. Originally the Children had no intentions to eradicate all life on their planet, all they wanted to do, is to protect themselves from the First Men. Though, the weapon that they had created, turned out to be doubleedged, and too powerfull to control. And now Bloodraven, who is dying, had lured Bran beyond The Wall. He doesn't control himself anymore, there's nearly nothing of him left. It was the Children, those that are still not connected to the Weirwood, who decided that it's time to get a new greenseer for their cave, because Bloodraven is dying, and when he will die, the Others will kill all the Children. Thus, it was actually the Children's idea, to get Bran, and make him their new greenseer. And Shiera, who is the Three-Eyed Crow, will try to stop them. The 3EC/Shiera never said to Jojen to take Bran beyond The Wall. Jojen is controlled by the Weirwood, thru his green dreams. He lied to Bran, that the 3EC wants them to go to that cave, and that the 3EC is there. The only truth, that Jojen said to Bran, is his dream, in which the winged wolf (Bran) was binded to the earth with stone chains (the Weirwood roots), and the 3EC (Shiera Seastar) was pecking at those chains, trying to free him. Bran's dream, in which he was falling, and saw thousands dreamers impalled on ice spikes, all those people are greenseers, not failed attempts but successes. Bran was awakened by the 3EC, before he fell and got impalled by the Weirwood. She woke him up first time, and she will wake him up again. When he will wake up in his next chapter, there will be tree roots growing from within of his body, binding him to that cave. But unlike in case with other greenseers, like Bloodraven and all those Children, his soul won't connect with the Weirwood, not entirely. So he will have access to their Network, but they won't have control over his mind. And thus, he will be able to use Hodor, who will rip out those roots, that connect Bran to the Weirwood, from the cave, and they will escape thru underground river, that Bran saw earlier thru Hodor's eyes.

9 hours ago, The Map Guy said:

But even so, this Rhaego story has plot holes: Why did the khalasar split after Rhaego's birth?

Because Dothraki follow those, who are strong, and Rhaego was just a baby. Thus, majority of them decided to go their own way, and to wait. If Rhaego is really the Stallion that mounts the world, then sooner or later they all will anyway join his khalasar in Vaes Dothrak. If that's the fate of all Dothraki, then it will happen, whether they will go with him now, or not. If to join Rhaego's khalasar is the fate of all Dothraki, then the Gods will make their path to lead them back to him. It's a test. Of his power, whether he is really the chosen one. If he is, then their pathes will cross again.

How come Dany's group didn't go with them?

Pono warned them not to go after him, that if they will, he will kill them. For what that evil maegi (Dany) did to Drogo. So, to prevent her from trying to go after Pono, and to take her baby back, they all lied to her, that her baby was born dead. If she had no idea, that her baby is actually alive, and that khal Pono took him, but they told her, that Pono warned, that he will kill them, if they will go after his khalasar, then there was no reason for Dany to go in the same direction, and thus, she went in the opposite.

And if Khal Pono did use Rhaego to recruit his larger army ... wouldn't his possession of Rhaego be public knowledge?

No.

All Dothraki were present during that ceremony, when dosh khaleen announced, that Dany's child is going to be the Stallion that mounts the world. But did you ever heard from any of those people, that Dany had encountered in Essos afterwards, any mentioning or enquiries about her son, who was supposed to become the leader of all Dothraki? Dany wasn't telling to everyone she met, that her baby died. No one, out of people that she met, even knew, that she was pregnant, and gave birth to a dead child. All they know, is only what she herself said to them. That she was wife of Khal Drogo, and he died. That's it. Dothraki don't share their personal information with other nations of Essos, and those other nations are not interested in what Dothraki are up to. And how many Dothraki did Dany met after Drogo's death, that were not her own people? -> None. Untill she met khal Pono, in her last chapter in ADWD. So she had zero information about what was going on in Dothraki society, while she was conquering Slavers Bay. Some people, who did mentioned other Dothraki, such as in Tyrion's chapter in conversation between Illyrio and JonCon's people. But there was no reason for those Dothraki, that were going to attack certain city, to discuss with those people, what else is going on in the Dothraki society, that their Promised Prince was recently born, and soon they are going to conquer entire world, because that's what is said in their propecy. Those are Dothraki's personal matters, thus, there's no need for them to discuss those topics with an outsiders. Thus, besides other Dothraki, whom Dany haven't met since her husband's death, no one knows.

14 hours ago, Megorova said:

Bloodraven is possibly partially Stark

I was reading all of it, and then I stopped here. But then I decided to keep going.
And after reading all of it, I just want to say this ... we are very very off-topic from the OP at this point.
Second, that is quite some fan-fiction. It has a lot of holes ... but to each their own. Good luck in TWOW.

But I do want to say this ... a while ago, I think I solved the Reference & Homage to "3EC, Bloodraven, Shiera, Greenseer, Coldhands, Benjen, Craster, Monster, Ash, Leaf, Scales, Black Knife, Snowylocks, Coals, the Others" and it suggests that they are all working together.

6 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Holy fucking smokes, we desperately need TWoW... :eek:

I KNOW! I have too much time on my hands. I'm going crazy here ... leading me to long nights on Google, deciphering wacky theories/word-play ... like the spearwife Myrtle = Mary Poppins. :crying:

Archived