You (Netflix)

Theda Baratheon

Ah.

Went and looked. not my cuppa.

Gimme the off the hook, hilarious, handsome -- we never get tired of looking at these actors -- creative in terms of sets and costumes -- season 3 of The Magicians!  Nothing serious here, and lots that's just funny, but still smart  -- in a snark manner, which I usually don't like either. But wth.  I really like this (not all of it, but a lot of it).

Didn't know anyone else was watching it.

I've seen the first 6 episodes. Enjoying it so far.

She's an annoying character in some ways and he's a creep obviously, but interesting to follow.

Chloe also a good character.

I really enjoyed this. Deeply uncomfortable watching that plays as a trashy anti-social media thriller on its surface but is actually a deep dive into the mind of the kind of total narcissistic sociopath who actually believes he is the hero of his own romantic comedy, is a shining knight amongst the degeneracy of the millennial age. Really clever and fun stuff. He's so awful but having the whole from his perspective creeps up on you and you find yourself agreeing with some of the things he thinks and then instantly being repulsed by something else he thinks a few seconds later. 

• 3 weeks later...

Ah, found this thread.

I'll just repeat that I didn't go into this with very many expectations, and in a lot of ways its just a classic dumb story of a serial killer / stalker. But what it does very well is make you genuinely like the protagonist despite his odd flaws and insanity. I really wanted him to get the girl by the end. 

4 hours ago, Heartofice said:

Ah, found this thread.

I'll just repeat that I didn't go into this with very many expectations, and in a lot of ways its just a classic dumb story of a serial killer / stalker. But what it does very well is make you genuinely like the protagonist despite his odd flaws and insanity. I really wanted him to get the girl by the end. 

That’s whats so fucked up about it - at times you kinda empathise with him and you kinda like him and then a minute later you’re like WTF! he’s terrible! 

On 1/17/2019 at 10:44 PM, Risto said:

So, Dan Humphrey finally got a show for himself :D

I have heard great things about this and I will try to give it a chance. If time allows it, that is :D 

I already made this unappreciated joke :( 

Archived