Football: the winter break

Iskaral Pust

Rashford's on fire but he does have a history of losing confidence which as a young player he can hopefully get past, but I wouldn't bet on his permanent first-team status just yet. He is definitely better there than Lukaku on best form, but last night he didn't finish well and that's typically been the start of bad runs for him, so...

But Lukaku's played the last two games in a role more from the right, which suits him quite well, perhaps not that surprisingly given that even as a CF he's got a tendency to fade to the right when looking for space. Dunno if that's a long-term solution if you're also fitting in Martial- there's a reason Lingard's getting a lot of gametime, we need the hustle- but it's an option for him too.

2 hours ago, Iskaral Pust said:

For United fans:

Is Rashford now your preferred CF?  Is Lukaku behind Martial and possibly even Sánchez too?  Does Lukaku still have a future in the first XI?

I think he does have a future in the first XI. He might have been first choice when Solskjaer came in as well but was on compassionate leave and missed a couple of games while Sanchez was still recovering from injury. Martial, Rashford and Lingard were the only forward options available and all three ended up performing well. On current form, they've earned the right to start. Lukaku is also really effective playing on the right and I'd play him there over Mata.  

Disappointing for Liverpool.  Not enough good chances created, although we were denied a clear penalty for Keita.  And stupid to concede that free kick that led to the equalizer.  

I assume Fabinho was on the bench because he’s coming back from a muscle strain, but we miss him in MF now any time he’s absent. 

Playing conditions looked a bit tough with the snow/sleet on the surface slowing the ball. 

Better focus needed away to West Ham on Monday. 

10 hours ago, Mexal said:

Wow. Arsenal in 4th going into February. That's nuts.

Absolutely crazy. Only a few weeks ago, Arsenal were getting further and further behind, United were miles off the pace and Chelsea's 4th spot didn't look in much danger. Not sure what's going on at Stamford Bridge but they're having real problems.

Archived