Iskaral Pust

Football: the winter break

Just now, Soylent Brown said:

The second goal was terrific. Hopefully Fabinho remembers which team he's playing for before too long.

You see terrific, I see pathetic defending.

1 minute ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Hum, guess I am not gonna see a Firmino is shit post today.

But we will always have Wijnaldum, my love.

Firmino has mostly been very great for the past 18 months, so no reason to criticise, even with his recent slight dip.

Wijnaldum had a good couple of games too, but he's being a bit too negative so far today.

13 minutes ago, Mexal said:

You see terrific, I see pathetic defending.

I guess there's always an element of that whenever there's an 'individual' goal, and how you determine cause depends on how you feel about your guys. It's probably a little of both really.

1 minute ago, polishgenius said:

Liverpool need at least another couple to cover for Arsenal's second half revival.

Arsenal scoring in the first half too! What are they playing at!?!

Great pass from Alisson, leading to our penalty. A bit of a pants one from Salah, but it went in anyway, luckily.

Hopefully we can cut out the sloppiness in the second half, and exert a little more control.

Robertson having a rare slightly off game today defensively. Maitland-Niles has done pretty well.

Just now, Mark Antony said:

2 pens in 2 games at Anfield. What a time to be alive. 

Bobby and Gini bossed it. 

Wijnaldum has been great in recovering the ball, but he's been a bit negative on it. He was the reason Mane gave the ball away cheaply toward the end, playing him into trouble from about 3 feet away. (Overall he has been good though.)

Poor decision by Arsenal to score so early.  Don’t wake the dragon. 

Glad to see Firmino and Mane back amongst the goals but perhaps we can manage the game a bit more now.  Arsenal love to score in the second half. 

Arsenal’s defence has been terrible, but a good amount of that is due to Torreira having a terrible game by his standards. Quite the feat for giving the ball away needlessly in midfield to be the second most embarrassing part of his role in Firmino’s second.

7 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

5-1 now.  With Hendo already on for Mane, I think it’s time to see Salah and Firmino subbed too. 

Yeah, give Lallana and Sturridge a run out.