Heresy 216 The Return of the Crow

Black Crow

1 hour ago, Feather Crystal said:

The feather was black and white, if I recall, and those colors could suggest a blending of ice and fire, however I don't see Robert as being someone that would have had that kind of insight, even if he believed Rhaegar abducted Lyanna.

Exactly.  

But in a fictional world so badly implemented that a raven can fly a thousand miles -- from beyond the Wall to Dragonstone -- in a single day... a world in which Varys can teleport back and forth from Slaver's Bay to Dorne... it seems like anything can happen.  

The black and white could turn out to suggest a blending of black cookie and white filling.  And Robert, who put the feather there, could turn out to have a true name that is not Orys (his canonical ancestor) but Oreo.  Oreo Baratheon... who among us would be surprised?

The last season has been described by an HBO exec as six movies. What he left out: they are going to be six comedies.

26 minutes ago, JNR said:

Exactly.  

But in a fictional world so badly implemented that a raven can fly a thousand miles -- from beyond the Wall to Dragonstone -- in a single day... a world in which Varys can teleport back and forth from Slaver's Bay to Dorne... it seems like anything can happen.  

The black and white could turn out to suggest a blending of black cookie and white filling.  And Robert, who put the feather there, could turn out to have a true name that is not Orys (his canonical ancestor) but Oreo.  Oreo Baratheon... who among us would be surprised?

The last season has been described by an HBO exec as six movies. What he left out: they are going to be six comedies.

Oreo Baratheon made my day. Thank you.

And praise to Robert Baratheon for slaying Raider (now Twix) Targaryen. I guess only Germans will get this.

Twix Targaryen 

1 hour ago, JNR said:

Isn't it time for a new thread?

Yes but I've been at Boy Scouts all evening and if you hadn't wandered off into the mummers' version I would have been able to fix it before you spilled into page 21:commie:

1 hour ago, JNR said:

Exactly.  

:rofl:

From now on every time I see Orys Baratheon I'm going to read it as "Oreo". 

58 minutes ago, alienarea said:

And praise to Robert Baratheon for slaying Raider (now Twix) Targaryen. I guess only Germans will get this.

Twix Targaryen 

RHAEGAR Targaryen or Mance RAYDAR? Which one has the different German meaning?

13 minutes ago, Feather Crystal said:

RHAEGAR Targaryen or Mance RAYDAR? Which one has the different German meaning?

None. The double chocolate bar known as Twix around the world was named Raider in Germany many years ago before globalzation started. They renamed it Twix after a while

("Raider ist jetzt Twix, sonst ändert sich nix", paraphrased: Raider is now Twix, everything else is the same).

Twix Targaryen LOL

28 minutes ago, alienarea said:

None. The double chocolate bar known as Twix around the world was named Raider in Germany many years ago before globalzation started. They renamed it Twix after a while

("Raider ist jetzt Twix, sonst ändert sich nix", paraphrased: Raider is now Twix, everything else is the same).

Twix Targaryen LOL

Or Mance Twix.

I had assumed Twix was a contraction of betwixt, making it a candy bar to be shared between two people.

Ned only needed a glance to understand the difficulty. "The boys are not at fault," he told the king. "You're too fat for your armor, Oreo."

Oreo Baratheon took a long swallow of beer, tossed the empty horn onto his sleeping furs, wiped his mouth with the back of his hand, and said darkly, "Fat? Fat, is it? Is that how you speak to your king?"

18 hours ago, SirArthur said:

neither. They were cursed by Isildur because they broke their oath to him and are explicitly not gondorian. It's prob. not clear, if you are not familiar with Tolkien's universe.

My goodness. It has been so long. Thank you for correcting me.  I am hoping that my point was clear though of how something similar could occur with Kings of Winter. 

17 hours ago, Janneyc1 said:

GRRM draws a ton of influence from Tolkien, but I doubt that he would rip off the army that blatantly. It would be a rip off and an insult to Tolkien in my opinion. 

I don't think it will be an army per se.  There has already been some set up - as you mentioned - with the swords on the crypt statues.  There is something that is going to happen here.  It may not be exact, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get a variation of that.

Archived