Lords and Kings of Westeros after A Song of Ice and Fire

Lumosaca

Will the Seven Kingdoms still be united after the war against the Others? Who will be in power by the end of A Dream of Spring? My bets:  

• Iron Throne: No one. King's Landing is going to burn and the Iron Throne will burn with it.
  • The Reach: Willas. Euron, however, can change this prediction soon. 
  • The Vale: Yohn Royce. Robert is dead and Harrold will make him company. 
  • The North: Sansa. The girl was born to become a queen and I don't think she'll end anywhere but Winterfell.
  • The Stormlands: Hard to tell. This region is a complete mess since Renly's murder.
  • The Iron Islands: Problably Asha, but I would love to see Theon or the Reader in the Seastone Chair. 
  • Dorne: Ser Gregor Clegane and the ghost of Daeron Targaryen. 
  • The Riverlands: Anyone who inherits Harrenhal from Littlefinger. Not Edmure and certainly not Walder. 
  • The Westerlands: Goldenhand the Just. I can also imagine Tyrion being Lord of Casterly Rock by a bunch of days. 
  • Beyond the Wall: Val or Tormund. Maybe the two of them. Maybe Jon Snow. Maybe Mance again. Maybe the Others. 

It really depends if all of Westeros unites against the others, which I see as less likely. My theory is that the North, Vale, some riverlander houses, along with some aid from Bravos, will fight the others. The Vale is untouched by war and no doubt they'll be a key factor against the others. 

Whatever happens, I believe peace will be settled however every kingdom will be acting independently without calling themselves Kings (except the North and Iron Islands) for a while. 

The lands beyond the wall will be populated by the Others as I don't believe that Men can kill off an entire race that easily, especially such magical race. 

The Vale will be ruled by Harrold Hardyng with Yohn Royce pulling the strings.

In the Riverlands, Edmure will likely be executed at Casterly rock, after Red Wedding 2.0 kills off many Freys, and Lannister bannermen. Therefore if Roslin has a son I see Blackfish returning and retaking Riverrun and ruling as regent for little baby Edmure. 

In the North, the Boltons will be killed by many angry Northmen (watch out for Big bucket Wull). With Brandon due to become a tree. Rickon will be made Lord of Winterfell, with either Sansa being his regent or a block of northern Lords such as ambitious Wyman Manderly becoming regent.

These three kingdoms (North, Vale, Riverlands) will work closely together as if they were one Kingdom. With Sansa possibly marrying the lord of the Eyrie uniting these three kingdoms by blood.

In the Westerlands Tyrion is likely to have a go at being its Lord, but he will be overthrown, since a kinslayer that murdered the former Lord of the West will not do for these lords. Most likely Jamie will make his father proud and finally take the Rock.

The Reach will likely be ruled under Willas, as I don't see Mace lasting that long . I see Randyll Tarly making a power play dividing the Reach, and either Tarly or Tyrell shall rule.

Dorne, I'm unsure but most likely Arianne will become its Princess. Allot of Sand snakes will die tho.

The Stormlands is very tricky, but I see some ambitious stormlord attempt to take power. 

Each crownlander house sworn to kings landing will act independently. 

And the Iron islands will likely be ruled by Asha whether the ironborn like it or not. Once they feel that they have lost allot with Euron they will flock to the more caring Asha. 

North, Riverlands, Vale and Wildlings will be a fraction ruled by Sansa as Rickon's regent. I see Edmure and some Royce acting as lords in their regions.

South will be rule by Tyrion Lannister as a regent for Daenerys's child. Martyn Lannister, Willas Tyrell, Trystane Martell, Edric Storm and some Greyjoy rule their regions.

King in the Iron Throne will be Jon or Dany or both, divided Westeros will just goes to war on each other again and Reach, RIverlands and Crownlands don't have a king, Ironborn will also be free raid whenever they wanted, there will be no more Wall and Night's Watch, beyond the wall lands will be part of the North. as Davos said, One king means peace, lands in Essos will probably be under Dany control as well.

The North will be ruled by Rickon with Sansa or Wyman Manderly as regent, few houses might be extinct Larence Snow will be lord of Hornwood, Dreadfort might fall under Manderly or an Free folk leaders that is loyal to Jon, same with house Dustin and Ryswell.

Riverlands will have Edmure Tully as lord, the Twins will fall under Tullys, I have no idea on what will happen to Darry, Daenerys and Riverlords won't let it fall to the Freys, Harrenhall will be a cursed place.

Westerlands for Tyrion or Jaime

For the Vale many thinks Robert Arryn will die, but he's the last Arryn, I believe he'll surprise us and survive, and might marry Sansa in the future as well, Yohn Royce will be his Regent.

Reach - since fAegon, Euron and Cersei is out to fight the Tyrells many of them will die, I think Reach will be ruled by Hightowers or anyone who leads them and support the King in the War for Dawn, if Willas doesn't survive house Tyrell will lose highgarden, Horn hill will have Sam the Slayer as lord, Brightwater keep will be be retured to the Florents, I hope the Dustonbury can be returned to the Manderly but it seems not possible.

Stormlands - Edric Storm or Gendry as lord of Stormlands, Rolland Storm will be lord of Nightsong and Davos will receive many lands and titles.

Dorne - Either Arianne or Trystane, depends on how Arianne will handle fAegon.

Iron Islands - Asha Greyjoy

Or Westeros might become more centralize government,  the destruction and death caused by the Long Night might unite all smallfolk and for them not following their lords anymore and become an absolute monarch under the King or Queen who saves them from Others.

The story will end while the season is still in winter.  Who or what will rule depends on how much of the land is covered in ice.  But to simplify the discussion, the Others will rule all of the land covered by snow.  The Others and their minions, the Starks, will dominate the frozen areas of the land.  They will rule the dead land during this period of darkness.  

Daenerys will rule most of Essos.  There she will await the end of winter.  

Iron Islands: probably Theon, Asha had her opportunity and lost in the kingsmoot, and the story about the latecomer actually could be used for pressing Theon claims. Also, some important lords of the iron islands, such as Botley and Goodbrother (and even Victarion) were already willing to support his claim after Balon's death since it was the correct rule of succession. That is before Aeron opted for the folly of the kingsmoot.

North: Sansa or Rickon. Either has chances for the opposite reasons, Rickon was mostly 'offpage' so it will be an educated guess, Sansa on the contrary has been shown much, and if Littlefingers's plan on reuniting Vale, Riverlands and North under her will succeed, then she will inevitably fall. However since all the emphasis put on 'a daughter come before an uncle etc', she might well end up as the Lady of Winterfell

Westerlands: I hope Jaime, but Tyrion is more likely since it is most dear to GRRM

Riverlands: Edmure only because we're out of options.. The Freys occasion has already been ruined by Littlefinger (which is not going to last till the end of the books). None of the other riverlords have been given space enough to be considered likely (except, perhaps, Ser Perwyn Frey, who only got positive comments so far.. Maybe a protector/regent for the infant son of the deceased Edmure and Roislin Frey?)

Vale: Yohn Royce. Harry, if married to Sansa, is not gona survive till the end. Unless Martin decide to be a bastard and have us to bear Sweetrobin till the end lol

Reach: Willas or Garlan Tyrell. If not an Hightower (but have been kept offpage for too long) or Randyll Tarly

Stormlands: Edric Baratheon (born Storm).

Dorne: Arianne or Trystane Martell (depends on the evolution of Arianne plot in the next books)

I’m going to go on a limb and support underdog candidates destined largely to send their bannermen into apopplectic fits:

- Vale: House Stone Crow

- Stormlands: House Seaworth

- Iron Islands: House Codd

- Westerlands: House Clegane

- Riverlands: House Frey

Blanking on the North, the Reach, and Dorne.

On 12/30/2018 at 3:00 PM, LindsayLohan said:

The wall won't exist anymore, homie.

Beyond the Wall is just the name of a region. Replacing names is not the point of the thread. 

On 1/2/2019 at 12:29 AM, Gendarrion said:

Stormlands - Edric Storm or Gendry as lord of Stormlands, Rolland Storm will be lord of Nightsong and Davos will receive many lands and titles.

A bastard kid being enough to unify one of the most divided parts of Westeros seems too implausible. They have no army beyond their backs. Edric is hiding himself in another continent and Gendry is the smith of an inn. On the other hand, House Baratheon was created by a bastard warrior. And with all this "history repeats itself" tendency I don't know what to believe anymore. 

I live in paradise.   It does not snow and my garden is full of tropical plants thriving here in January.   Old Nan painted a pretty definite picture of the previous Long Night, so I have to throw in with those above who are inclined to believe the rigors of this particular Winter will decimate Westeros if not all Planetos.    My plants would die if there was a frost.   That's just a single frost, not 3 months of snow and ice.   Hell, my grass would die, too.   Dorne, the Reach, Crownlands and Stormlands are not likely to survive an 8 year Winter much less a winter that lasts a generation.   The northern regions are probably more prepared for a long Winter, and even the Vale is preparing for famine even now--in fall.   The North doesn't appear to be preparing for anything at this point so caught up in their political games are they.    No clue what the Westerlands are doing and the Riverlands are already ruined by war.   Politics in Westeros need to unify before this coming Winter if there is to be any single government to survive.  There simply won't be enough people left afterward.   This next book is supposed to be called The Winds of Winter, hopefully covering the autumn before Winter. An autumn that dumped 40 feet of snow outside the walls of Winterfell...

On 1/3/2019 at 8:00 PM, 867-5309 said:

The story will end before that question is answered.  It's beyond the time frame of the story.  The title of the last book is the clue.  

:agree:

The last chapter will be a Dany pov.  She will still be in Essos fighting with the slavers.  Volantis is in her pocket as well as the Dothraki.  Victory is coming as the last of the slavers are taken down..  Westeros is still under the cold grip of winter.  She will start making plans for the return to Dragonstone or wherever she chooses to enter the west.  And this is where the story will end.

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/7/2019 at 9:43 PM, Bowen Marsh said:

:agree:

The last chapter will be a Dany pov.  She will still be in Essos fighting with the slavers.  Volantis is in her pocket as well as the Dothraki.  Victory is coming as the last of the slavers are taken down..  Westeros is still under the cold grip of winter.  She will start making plans for the return to Dragonstone or wherever she chooses to enter the west.  And this is where the story will end.

I like it.  It fits very nicely with the theme of the survivors dreaming of the day when the ice will eventually melt.  

The Iron Throne: Destroyed in wildfire and dragonfire, as well as much of King's Landing. The northern crownlands will be dominated by Lord Bronn, of both Stokeworth and Rosby, with some independent lordships like the Crackclaw lords, the Rykkers of Duskendale, etc.

The North: Sansa Stark, Queen in the North. She has a political story going on, and whilst Bran does too, I think he's more likely to spend his life as a greenseer. I'm not sure what would happen to Rickon -- I don't really see him dying, but he wasn't in GRRM's original draft (though that could also be telling).

The Riverlands: Edmure Tully will retake Riverrun (after the Red Wedding 2.0 and resulting chaos), but will not hold on to the Trident and petty independent lords and kings will spring up there.

The Stormlands: Edric Storm will return from Lys after the rest of the Baratheons have gone extinct... or possibly, Gendry Waters. I don't know, I'm a bit of a sucker for a Gendrya future and this is a plausible scenario for it happening.

The Reach: Willas Tyrell, King of the Reach. GRRM loves book nerds and he seems pretty good, so I don't see the Tyrell succession being shaken up too much.

Dorne: Arianne Martell, Princess of Dorne... but I do not see her being completely likely to survive the series, alas. In which case, Trystane may rule, or possibly a wild card like Sarella Sand - an intelligent and educated ruler of Dorne.

The Iron Islands: ASHA! ASHA QUEEN!

The Westerlands: Not sure. Tywin's line is definitely going to die out, and I don't see much hope for Kevan's either... but I like the theory that Varys has been hiding Tyrek who he will install as Lord of Casterly Rock during Aegon VI's short reign.

The Vale: I'd say Harrold Arryn, King of Mountain and Vale, but only if Sansa does not become Queen in the North. Otherwise the Vale might suffer from the Arryn line dying out except for the poor cadet branches and the Arryns of Gulltown.

On 12/31/2018 at 1:00 PM, Samyaza said:

Westeros will be covered by ice for a long time.  It's the equivalent of the Ice Age.  The survivors will become hunter-gatherers.  Each will be led by a tribal chief.  There will be no central government.

Western Essos will be under the rule of Daenerys Targaryen. 

Yeah that. A return to the Age of the Hundred Kingdoms. Or something similar. Not true kingdoms in the sense we see currently.

The Wall- Jon Snow (I see them maybe pushing the White walkers back, rather than a complete victory)

King/queen on the Iron Throne- Child of Dany & Jon.

Stormlands- Edric Baratheon legitimatised by Jon before he takes the black.

The Reach- Willas Tyrell or Samwell Tarly

Dorne- Arianne

Westerlands- Tyrion

Iron Islands- Asha

Riverlands- Edmures child

The Vale- Robin Arryn (Sansa if he turns out to be Littlefingers Bastard)

The North- Rickon or Sansa

Robert Arryn will sit the IT as king and Arya his wife and queen.

He rules the Vale in name but it is actively ruled by stewards. The assumption will be it will pass to Robert's second heir.

Arya rules the north in name and it is actively ruled by stewards. The assumption that it will pass to Robert Arryn's third heir by Arya.

Sansa rules the West but chooses to stay in KL. She'll be a childless widow and intend to remain that way, don't know who her heir will be.

Trystane for Dorne. Edmure or his child for the Riverlands. Edric Storm come Baratheon the Stormlands.

Iron Islands are abandoned, Asha resettles Ironmen on Seadragon Point. I'm not confident in the reach.

Archived