2018: Your Year In Review

PetyrPunkinhead

Eighteen questions about your 2018!

I don’t know about y’all, but my 2018 was all kinds  of emotional. One might even compare it to something akin to a roller coaster. But I’m not here to talk about me. (I’ll post my answers later.) No,  I want to know all about you and your 2018. Feel free to skip any questions below you don’t feel comfortable sharing with, ya know, the whole of the Interwebs.

1. Who is the person you admired most in 2018?
  2. When did you say to yourself, “Damn, I'm awesome!” in 2018?
  3. Where is your favorite place you visited or traveled to in 2018?
  4. When did you stand up and cheer in 2018?
  5. How did you improve something in 2018? (It can be something about you, your family, community, or the world in general)
  6. Favorite meme of 2018? (Pic please!)
  7. Your favorite catch phrase of 2018?
  8. What news story got you right in the feels in 2018? (Link please!)
  9. Favorite restaurant to eat at (or order take away from) in 2018?
  10. Favorite expletive you liked to say in 2018?
  11. Favorite (adult) beverage of 2018?
  12. What new snack did you discover this year?
  13. Favorite guilty pleasure of 2018?
  14. Favorite moment of nostalgia you experienced in 2018?
  15. When did you comfort someone who needed it in 2018?
  16. Who is someone that comforted you in 2018?
  17. What’s the most beautiful thing you saw in 2018?
  18. What’s one thing you are definitely looking forward to happening in 2019?

On 12/30/2018 at 8:12 AM, PetyrPunkinhead said:

Eighteen questions about your 2018!

I don’t know about y’all, but my 2018 was all kinds  of emotional. One might even compare it to something akin to a roller coaster. But I’m not here to talk about me. (I’ll post my answers later.) No,  I want to know all about you and your 2018. Feel free to skip any questions below you don’t feel comfortable sharing with, ya know, the whole of the Interwebs.

1. Who is the person you admired most in 2018?

Admire? I guess that my Informatics professor for being very human and kind.

1. When did you say to yourself, “Damn, I'm awesome!” in 2018?

This year, more than once and twice, and thrice....! In academical terms, when I finally passed an important English exam after ten years trying intermittently. It was probably THAT day.

When I managed to prove myself to be a great swimmer....and runner....(let's say better runner managing to run for 40 minutes on the tredmill..)

1. Where is your favorite place you visited or traveled to in 2018?

This makes me feel sad..I could not travel at all... much as I love it....I guess "my town", XD.

1. When did you stand up and cheer in 2018?

When??? Many, many times. Festivities in August and September the most.

1. How did you improve something in 2018? (It can be something about you, your family, community, or the world in general)

I tried to improve my language skills, learning a new language from scratch and resuming two other ones. On a personal level, I decided that I'd be less shy in certain situations when I am and act accordingly to the extrovert I am, feeling awesome. My community ... oh well, sharing a link on fb so as that a bus line for the elders was not cancelled.

1. Favorite meme of 2018? (Pic please!)

https://imgur.com/a/9YhDiNg   Your brother is Aegon and so are you..

1. Your favorite catch phrase of 2018?

No idea...

1. What news story got you right in the feels in 2018? (Link please!)

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/apr/16/scientists-accidentally-create-mutant-enzyme-that-eats-plastic-bottles

1. Favorite restaurant to eat at (or order take away from) in 2018?

Definitely an Italian restaurant I've gone too zillions of times this year, xD.

1. Favorite expletive you liked to say in 2018?

I don't use that, I prefer wittiness.

1. Favorite (adult) beverage of 2018?

Pineapple juice, without a doubt.

1. What new snack did you discover this year?

Avocado...

1. Favorite guilty pleasure of 2018?

Custard catalan coca. https://imgur.com/a/2sdPp4E

1. Favorite moment of nostalgia you experienced in 2018?

During my birthday, remembering old times.

1. When did you comfort someone who needed it in 2018?

mmm...probably in late Spring and July. Or at least, I tried to. Maybe in late August for a career issue for another person. 

1. Who is someone that comforted you in 2018?

Different people, actually. I can't complain. Family sometimes, some friends in certain, very specific, situations. 

But mostly...the ones who did it more this year are others. This year a friend during late night dinners quite a lot, my bestfriend, my friend whose whatsapp recordings have been not only a source of fun but also a lot of support, and then also well another, someone who might be reading this...he comforted me Soo Many Times when I needed it.

1. What’s the most beautiful thing you saw in 2018?

Sunsets, forests and storms. Nature, of course..

1. What’s one thing you are definitely looking forward to happening in 2019?

Travelling, my bad, travelling. Also have fun, earn extra money,...

On 12/30/2018 at 2:12 AM, PetyrPunkinhead said:
  2. What’s one thing you are definitely looking forward to happening in 2019?

I'm going with the 30,000th orgasm of the year.  Trouble is that market constraints like lube delivery and congressional approval are deterministic in a way that limits purely quantitative gains.  With that in mind I'm planning on reading more books and eating more grilled cheese sandwiches.

So @Meera of Tarth won't be all alone, I'll go ahead and post a full survey then. :D

1. Who is the person you admired most in 2018? My friend Tim managed to pull off some pretty spectacular stuff this year both professionally (as a small business owner) and personally (as a husband, father, and friend) that really made me think of him as admirable.
  2. When did you say to yourself, “I’m fuckin’ awesome” in 2018? When Stan “The Man” Lee autographed my copy of Fantastic Four #46.
  3. Where is your favorite place you visited or traveled to in 2018?I was fortunate enough to do a lot of traveling this year. My favorite new place was Reykjavik but I definitely had the most fun going back and visiting the crew in Ireland.
  4. When did you stand up and cheer in 2018? When the Saints destroyed the previously undefeated Rams in the Dome. Who dat!
  5. How did you improve something in 2018? Modesty prevents me from going in to details.
  6. Favorite meme of 2018? Neck Guy memes by far gave me the most enjoyment. I just picked this one because it also includes the greatest thing to come outta Canada since maple syrup.
  7. Your favorite catch phrase of 2018? Ferda!
  8. What news story got you right in the feels in 2018? One particular story does not come to mind. However, here are 99 “good things” that went own in 2018. I’m sure there are at least one or two on there to give you feels. 
  9. Favorite restaurant to eat at (or order take away from) in 2018? For dine-in a local place called Drago’s— I recommend lobster mac and charbroiled oysters—and Taco Bell (Only God can judge me!) for drive thru.
  10. Favorite expletive you liked to say in 2018? Fucking bastard!
  11. Favorite adult beverage of 2018? Vodka mixed with whatever is handy.
  12. What new snack did you discover this year? Lotus Biscoff. Apparently they’ve been around forever but I only just discovered them. Tea time game changer.
  13. Favorite guilty pleasure of 2018? I watched so much YouTube this year. Too much? Mayhaps…
  14. Favorite moment of nostalgia you experienced in 2018? Watching the 1989 Tim Burton BATMAN at the cinema with my nephew.
  15. When did you comfort someone who needed it in 2018? Some bad stuff went down in October of this year for my family (same month in 2017 also sucked hard) and there was much need of comfort all around.
  16. Who is someone that comforted you in 2018? My two best friends really stepped up for me this year.
  17. What’s the most beautiful thing you saw in 2018? Smiles.
  18. What’s one thing you are definitely looking forward to happening in 2019?Continuing to form better habits…and, of course, the last season of Game of Thrones. on HBO.

Archived