GRRM: Some folk got it right.

hallam

I knew it.  Bloodraven eats Bran and it has a Benjamin Button effect. He goes all medieval on Dany, hooks up with Mel, shoots weirwood arrows into the heart of winter, and our last Targatheon, Shireen, sits the throne. 

surely there are more than one 'it' making up the end of the story? and I think 'a few' must be an underestimate....

I don't even know what would be encompassed by 'the ending' - some people seem to think it mainly means who sits on the Iron Throne 

• 2 weeks later...

I do think that some theories dont really match the criteria for "extremely subtle" and "obscure." To me it means something like Lord Byron falling in love with his half-sister, and how Byron wrote a poem where a hero and heroine are in a similar bind. Byron gives them a parentage reveal where they turn out to be cousins. You have to know who Byron is and you have to know that GRRM admires him, you have to know that the poem basically has the same plot event as the original outline of the series, and you have to know that a Ser Byron is mentioned in Sansa's story, and make all of these connections.

55 minutes ago, Sophia [email protected] said:

One of them is Preston he got it right in the Brandon Stark and Ashara Dayne are the parents of Jon Snow and the Rheagar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark is the parents of Daenerys Targaryen.

You should tell George that one, because I don't think he's aware of it.

• 1 month later...

Archived