Favorite books/series about elves?

leeno

On 1/10/2019 at 10:26 PM, Darth Richard II said:

You know I’m having a hard time thinking of any books that focus on elves specifically outside Tolkien and tie in fiction.

Considering how synonymous elves are with fantasy it is true that I can't think of many non-D&D books where elves are in more than just a supporting role. I suppose there are some elven major characters in Weis and Hickman's Death Gate Cycle.

On 1/10/2019 at 11:26 PM, Darth Richard II said:

You know I’m having a hard time thinking of any books that focus on elves specifically outside Tolkien and tie in fiction.

That is strange because there are hundreds of books out there focusing on elves that are not tie in or by the Prof.

14 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Yeah well I’m not sure if we were including fairies as elves but even so that list is fairly questionable even so.

The point is that that there are many, many books about Elves which were not written by Tolkien or by tie-in authors.

That list shows quite a few of them, despite you find it questionable.

Someone recommended me the series The Silvan, by R.K. Lander. I haven't read the books yet, but from the summary the seem very elven-centric. 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/36450540-path-of-a-novice?ac=1&from_search=true

Also, I guess the Ellylon from Jaqueline Carey's Banewreaker could be considered elves? The book is not is really focused on them, however, as someone already said, they are just part of the author's world. 

Thanks for all the responses so far! I suppose my elven interest does come primarily from Tolkien and, yes, Dragonlance in my youth. Most importantly, they should be connected to nature more than other races as they are in those worlds. 

Has anybody read The Riyria Revelations by Sullivan? I read elsewhere that elves are prominent in that series. As someone else mentioned, there does seem to be very few novels where elves are central to the story considering the amount of fantasy out there. I wonder why? 

Archived