What are you least looking forward to?

Lucia Targaryen

While we all want Winds of Winter to be released, is there a character or storyline that you're not looking forward to?

For me it's the conflict in Slavers Bay. Did I love it when Dany sacked the cities and free the slaves? Yes. Did I want her to stay in Meereen? No. I understand why she wanted to stay but I found those chapters underwhelming and frankly boring. 

I'm not really interested in Essos. I care about what's going on in Westeros.

Also the outcome. Yes Martin loves to break tropes and be unpredictable, but is he really going to have the slavers win? If so, then just let the Others take over.

So I'm hoping that the battle of Meereen is ended early in Winds and Dany can finally get to Westeros because if her story ends here it's going to be very disappointing. 

So your not looking forward to the Battle of Fire? Out of all the confirmed battles, that's the one I'm looking forward to the most. 

Honestly I don't think there's a single storyline I'm not interested in. Even the POV characters I find boring all have interesting stories attached to them now. 

Anything to do with the Iron Born, especially that cartoon cut out of a character Euron.  Anything to do with Dorne.  Anything to do with the Dothraki.  Anything to do with Aegon.

If the book ever gets released then I hope by the end of it we are pretty much back to what GRRM originally intended, which was the entire story being told through the POVs from the first book.

6 hours ago, Ser Gareth said:

Anything to do with the Iron Born, especially that cartoon cut out of a character Euron.  Anything to do with Dorne.  Anything to do with the Dothraki.  Anything to do with Aegon.

If the book ever gets released then I hope by the end of it we are pretty much back to what GRRM originally intended, which was the entire story being told through the POVs from the first book.

But if you're talking about POVs from the first book, there would be no Cersei, no Jaime, no Davos, no Brienne, no Theon, no Melisandre. Ned is dead, Catelyn is no longer a POV character because she "died" and there is the matter of Jon "dying" making him ineligible for a POV. So, by your logic, that would leave the final book(s) to be told through the story of five POVs: Sansa, Tyrion, Bran, Arya and Daenerys.

Which, at this point of the story, is just really not enough.

3 hours ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

But if you're talking about POVs from the first book, there would be no Cersei, no Jaime, no Davos, no Brienne, no Theon, no Melisandre. Ned is dead, Catelyn is no longer a POV character because she "died" and there is the matter of Jon "dying" making him ineligible for a POV. So, by your logic, that would leave the final book(s) to be told through the story of five POVs: Sansa, Tyrion, Bran, Arya and Daenerys.

Which, at this point of the story, is just really not enough.

The story is about the children.  The only characters that really matter are Jon, Dany, Arya, Bran, Tyrion and Sansa.  I personally enjoy Jaime's POV but he hasn't really done anything that couldn't have been explained away from other POVs or heard about via third hand information.

As for the story itself, I believe the human conflicts are a plot device to weaken the realm in the face of an onslaught of the Others and to ensure that there are a load of fresh corpses that can be raised.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive read all the books several times exept for the ironborn chapters, which I've read maybe ~twice, so I am not interested too much in new things about krakens. Just hope Barristan kills Victarion once he gets to know the gentelman and his plans  :read:

I'am also not a big fan of Dothraki.

Not looking forward to see Jaime's death either, but chances are I will.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Put me down as one more vote for the Dothraki. When I read Dance for the first time, I literally groaned at the end of Dany X when the Dothraki showed up.

I'm sure something magical and interesting will happen when Dany gets to Vaes Dothrak and meets the Dosh Khaleen, but other than that I have trouble caring.

I find every story line to be fascinating, especially after re-reading several times. The story-line I'm least looking forward to is the one where I see no way for there to be a happy ending, and that would be Jaime and Brienne. Lady Stoneheart seems to be irrational now and I don't see how Jaime or Brienne can both talk their way out of their current situation. All the other story-lines have a potential for a happy ending.

My idea of the other story lines and their potential happy ending.

-Dany wins in the east and then returns to Westeros

-Cersei dies

-Jon Snow lives and kicks ass on the Wall

-Stannis isn't dead and kicks ass in Winterfall

-Snarks and grumkins eat Ramsay Bolton alive

-Fake Aegon is actually real Aegon and kicks ass in the south

-Arya

-Sansa

-Arianne Martell rides someone else

4 hours ago, TyrionsFlagon said:

I find every story line to be fascinating, especially after re-reading several times. The story-line I'm least looking forward to is the one where I see no way for there to be a happy ending, and that would be Jaime and Brienne. Lady Stoneheart seems to be irrational now and I don't see how Jaime or Brienne can both talk their way out of their current situation. All the other story-lines have a potential for a happy ending.

My idea of the other story lines and their potential happy ending.

-Dany wins in the east and then returns to Westeros

-Cersei dies

-Jon Snow lives and kicks ass on the Wall

-Stannis isn't dead and kicks ass in Winterfall

-Snarks and grumkins eat Ramsay Bolton alive

-Fake Aegon is actually real Aegon and kicks ass in the south

-Arya

-Sansa

-Arianne Martell rides someone else

That last one is going on my hope list lol.

one thing I AM looking forward to is Ramsay snow's and Roose Boltons fate, both have tons of enemies who wish them dead

Archived