What are you least looking forward to?

Lucia Targaryen

Add the Dorne plot to my list. That whole plot line came out of nowhere, and went nowhere. Wouldn't it be wonderful if the whole region just wasn't ever mentioned again? At all? Maybe in a passing sentence, "We sailed around the south coast of Westeros, but nothing worth telling about happened there," but no more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Shara said:

The loss of another direwolf or a dragon.

I hate seeing animal characters killed, but I can't see them all making it through the coming battles unscathed :(

:agree:

The direwolfs and dragons are irreplacable. Losing one of them means losing something mythical and profound. 

If the story ends like 'we had to sacrifice all dragons and direwolves but at least the humans are safe for now' that wouldn't be bittersweet for me. That'd be like the worst possible outcome. Better to let the conflict go unresolved but have the mythical creatures survive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/1/2019 at 7:23 PM, EvanSol919 said:

While we all want Winds of Winter to be released, is there a character or storyline that you're not looking forward to?

Euron.  The Forsaken Chapter scared the hell out of me.

• 4 weeks later...

I think Jaime meeting Lady Stoneheart... I didn't like Catelyn but her chapters were interesting... That I'm dreading... 

And of course more Dothrakis... Let the khalasar retrieve Dany and have Marwyn and Moqorro convince her to move west and finish the Essos part of the story. I enjoyed it but it took enough time, I'll read the Battle of Meeren with excitement and then I'm good lol. 

Dany's detour fo'sho...she'll need to learn how to control her dragon(s) and resolve meereenese knot. Captivity chapters for the first half of the book will be boring and...inefficient :P I've even given up hope for her invading Westeros, won't happen in this book but just when things were going to be more interesting with Tyrion in the picture, she flies away ffs.

OP Euron & Zealot Aeron & ...something Victarion. 

Lastly Arya in Braavos. I'm not sure about this one, didn't like the tedium in AFFC maybe it will be more interesting now she have couple levels in Faceless Assassin class but would prefer her getting on board the next ship & effin shit up in Westeros.

Also worried about too many PoVs possibly causing Jon's dead state extended.

After this last season of Game of Thrones? There's not a single thing I'm not looking forward.

On 2/18/2019 at 11:15 AM, TyrionsFlagon said:

I find every story line to be fascinating, especially after re-reading several times. The story-line I'm least looking forward to is the one where I see no way for there to be a happy ending, and that would be Jaime and Brienne. Lady Stoneheart seems to be irrational now and I don't see how Jaime or Brienne can both talk their way out of their current situation. All the other story-lines have a potential for a happy ending.

My idea of the other story lines and their potential happy ending.

-Dany wins in the east and then returns to Westeros

-Cersei dies

-Jon Snow lives and kicks ass on the Wall

-Stannis isn't dead and kicks ass in Winterfall

-Snarks and grumkins eat Ramsay Bolton alive

-Fake Aegon is actually real Aegon and kicks ass in the south

-Arya

-Sansa

-Arianne Martell rides someone else

I think Brienne can talk her way out of her situation (that's of course, assuming that she hasn't already). All she needs to do is remind UnCat of her oath to allow Brienne to avenge Renly.

3 minutes ago, Baelor 'Breakspear' said:

tbh nothing. All the chapters that were boring for me in AFFC and ADWD now seem quite interesting

Now that I think about maybe Arya? I dunno the faceless men don't interest me as much. I think between the 4 battles, LF and Sansa at vale, Dorne, Iron islands, KL politics and Jaime and Brienne at Riverlands Arya seems the least interesting . For most of the 4th book Brienne was boring but with the Jaime/Stoneheart thing I am kinda hyped for it

• 1 month later...
On 5/27/2019 at 3:12 PM, Jabar of House Titan said:

After this last season of Game of Thrones? There's not a single thing I'm not looking forward.

I think Brienne can talk her way out of her situation (that's of course, assuming that she hasn't already). All she needs to do is remind UnCat of her oath to allow Brienne to avenge Renly.

Brienne playing the, "your oath to me"-card would be smart, but I don't see her as a good talker. She did yell that one word though.

I'm least interested in all the sub plots of Essos.   I think the story would have been stronger with Dany just winning her battle, adding to her army and fleet, and heading for westeros right away.   I like Dany herself, and I think her storyline is an interesting take on the chosen hero.  But its just dragging on and on.

Much for the same with the ironborn.  Thats another plotline that I think has more than served its purpose.  I think their failure to conquer the north would have been a sufficient part for them to play in the storyline.  And after Euron and Victarion I just find them to be so far over the top bad guys that they're just not fun to read.  Their society breaks my suspension of disbelief repeatedly, almost as badly as Essos does.

On 3/29/2019 at 4:46 AM, Amris said:

:agree:

The direwolfs and dragons are irreplacable. Losing one of them means losing something mythical and profound. 

If the story ends like 'we had to sacrifice all dragons and direwolves but at least the humans are safe for now' that wouldn't be bittersweet for me. That'd be like the worst possible outcome. Better to let the conflict go unresolved but have the mythical creatures survive.

Agreed, I feel they are the soul of the story and really help give hope and direction to the story

Archived