F&B - Magic of the Wall

I found this passage incredibly intriguing on page 264:

Thrice I flew Silverwing high above Castle Black, and thrice Intried to take her north beyond the Wall," Alysanne wrote to Jaehaerys, "but every time she refused to take me where I wished to go. I laughed about it when I came down again, so the black brothers would not realize anything was amiss, but it troubled me then and it troubles me still.

This suggests me me that the magic used to build the Wall not only keeps the White Walkers north of it, but also keeps dragons south of it. 

While I now this isn't a subforum for the show, it does beg the question whether Danaerys will (or CAN) actually go beyond the wall with her dragons as depicted in the show.

And if so, what changed in the time between Alysanne and the Danaerys Stormborn?

20 hours ago, maegiithefrog said:

This suggests me me that the magic used to build the Wall not only keeps the White Walkers north of it, but also keeps dragons south of it. 

While I now this isn't a subforum for the show, it does beg the question whether Danaerys will (or CAN) actually go beyond the wall with her dragons as depicted in the show.

And if so, what changed in the time between Alysanne and the Danaerys Stormborn?

If there is magic inside the wall i think also it works both ways. It keeps firemagic but also Icemagic in its place. Otherwise it would be a very big coincident that the Dragon not even flies a bit over the wall. My wild guess is that the children have put the old spells there to made a border between both parties, so that they cannot reach each other for a devastated war. In GOT we can see what happens if the other posses a dragon, but its also make a safe haven behind that wall for the children to live far from mankind. I think the children are really the initiators of the wall.

On 1/2/2019 at 4:12 AM, maegiithefrog said:

I don't think she can fly over the wall because I don't think anything has changed since Alyssane was alive. 

But the reason why dragons can't fly over the wall , well since the wall is made by magic and dragons are magic and WW are also some sort of magic , perhaps dragons fell presence of their archenemy  when they pass the wall ( magical barrier ) or wall refuses to let any magical creature pass .

Archived