Who Hatched the Last Dragon?

asongofheresy

On 1/16/2019 at 6:46 PM, Rocks For Jocks 101 said:

Aerys was not the only one committing cruelty.  Remember the corpses along the road to Lord Osgrey's in Dunk and Egg?  The killing of the old, children, women during the Reynes of Castamere.  Cruelty is standard practice.  They were desensitized to it for the most part.  They were not about to rebel because their king roasted people who may be guilty

I pictured spits over fires, with giant chickens, lol.

What if the fire of Summerhall was no accident at all?

What if Egg was in complete knowledge and had the understanding of the ritual they were performing?

Well aware that Jaehaerys II was ready to rule and knowing Rahegar was close to born, maybe he did all this with the specific purpuse of passing some gift to Rhaegar or even... to Raella's womb? The womb that gave birth Dany ...

Just a thought.

About the Mad King...

I guess we all agree on the Defiance of Duskendale as the breaking point for his mind, he was terribly tortured and he never recover from that... After this, he lost every pinch of kindness or compassion and he went absolutely paranoic... Humilliating Ellia, Taking Jaime into his King's Guard, and so.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Jon Arryn never thought of Rebelion until the Lord Guardian (Rickard) was killed by Aerys.

Why all this houses defended him? I'd say the were part of Targs court and they were protecting obviously their status quo, but! most likely they were not defending Aerys II rights but Raeghar's right to the throne.

Dimission was not on the picture, there was no precedent, Aerys had to die so Rhaeghar could be King. But Rhaegar was not the kind of man that would kill his own father.

There's so much we don't know yet, all the intrigue involved, the rumors, the lies, who was responsible of spreading the rumor of Rahegar alleged perversions. All we know is R&L went missing, Brandon got crazy, left Catelyn standing at Riverun and went to KL to find his death.

2 hours ago, MushroomIsNoFool said:

What if the fire of Summerhall was no accident at all?

What if Egg was in complete knowledge and had the understanding of the ritual they were performing?

Well aware that Jaehaerys II was ready to rule and knowing Rahegar was close to born, maybe he did all this with the specific purpuse of passing some gift to Rhaegar or even... to Raella's womb? The womb that gave birth Dany ...

Just a thought.

About the Mad King...

I guess we all agree on the Defiance of Duskendale as the breaking point for his mind, he was terribly tortured and he never recover from that... After this, he lost every pinch of kindness or compassion and he went absolutely paranoic... Humilliating Ellia, Taking Jaime into his King's Guard, and so.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Jon Arryn never thought of Rebelion until the Lord Guardian (Rickard) was killed by Aerys.

Why all this houses defended him? I'd say the were part of Targs court and they were protecting obviously their status quo, but! most likely they were not defending Aerys II rights but Raeghar's right to the throne.

Dimission was not on the picture, there was no precedent, Aerys had to die so Rhaeghar could be King. But Rhaegar was not the kind of man that would kill his own father.

There's so much we don't know yet, all the intrigue involved, the rumors, the lies, who was responsible of spreading the rumor of Rahegar alleged perversions. All we know is R&L went missing, Brandon got crazy, left Catelyn standing at Riverun and went to KL to find his death.

Egg had some of the pieces of the puzzle but the time was not right.  He's not the Prince Who Was Promised.  In other words, it's not his destiny to bring back the dragons.  People are selfcentered and think they're the center of the world.  I don't blame Egg.  Rhaegar thought the same thing.  

Aerys suffered from ptsd after Duskendale.  I met more than a few vets with ptsd.  Bullets hit too close and bombs falling brought it on.  Aerys suffered a long time.  

The jury is out on Jon Arryn and the rebellion.   Robert and Rickard were plotting.  It looks that way to me.  

Those houses fought for Aerys because he was their king.  They swore fealty to him and his house.  They were protecting his right to rule.  

Aerys was mad.  People still supported him because he's the king.  The kingdom was stable and at peace.  Nobody except the Starks and their Baratheon allies wanted war.  It's hell on everybody.  

A lot of characters in leadership position would look mad if you observe them from a different angle.  Tormund screws bears and brags about his penis.  Brienne walks around pretending to be a knight.  The Starks kill humans to fertilize their tree.  Ramsay loves to hunt girls.  

10 hours ago, Here's Looking At You, Kid said:

Aerys was mad.  People still supported him because he's the king.  The kingdom was stable and at peace.  Nobody except the Starks and their Baratheon allies wanted war.  It's hell on everybody.  

A lot of characters in leadership position would look mad if you observe them from a different angle.  Tormund screws bears and brags about his penis.  Brienne walks around pretending to be a knight.  The Starks kill humans to fertilize their tree.  Ramsay loves to hunt girls.  

Even before Duskendale, Aerys had at least "delussions of grandeur". The man talked about building the biggest armada ever known wich would put the Titan of Braavos on his knees, build a white city, made completely on marble south of Blackwater Bay and bring water from the rain forest to Sunspear. Tywin was not the hand, but the head of the King, the true ruler. We can be sure that Aerys II was loved a good deal of time, in my opinion, thanks to Tywin's management.

Even I think it was his "condition" what made him go stupidly, against every advise to parlay in Duskendale... the man lived in the clouds.

10 hours ago, Here's Looking At You, Kid said:

Egg had some of the pieces of the puzzle but the time was not right.  He's not the Prince Who Was Promised.  In other words, it's not his destiny to bring back the dragons.  People are selfcentered and think they're the center of the world.  I don't blame Egg.  Rhaegar thought the same thing.  

What I say is that Egg knew he wasn't the prince that was promised.

He sacrificed himself and the others, to help bring the prince that was promised, Through Raella's womb...

Remenber Rhaegar was born during the fire in Summerhall...

On 1/23/2019 at 1:08 AM, Here's Looking At You, Kid said:

I'll correct myself...

The reason for Jon Arryn was the Mad King demanding Ned's and Robert's heads... and I wonder. Why demand Jon Arryn the head of the Lord Guardian of the Stormlands and the lord Guardian of the North? Robert was already 21, Ned was 20, is not like Jon was their regent or something like that. :rolleyes:

The letter maybe was something like his...

Dear Jon Arryn, Lord Protector of the Vale,

A little misunderstanding has happened with some Northern Lord that came to visit KL. I guess this will bring some unconformities to Eddard of House Stark, and Robert of the House Baratheon, both good lads, but I think they possibly will raise in arms against me.

I know they trust you greatly... Please, be so kind to invite them to the Erie, take their heads and send them to me.

Best Regards,

Aerys II, Your King

The letter should have read:

Dear Jon Arryn,

I hope this letter finds you in good health.  I am calling a meeting to discuss the marriage arrangements between houses Stark and Baratheon.  Please, be so kind as to join me, Rickard, and Brandon at the Red Keep.  Refreshments will be provided.  

HINT: This is a royal summons.

Sincerely,

King Aerys II

An ambush has been prepared to slay Jon, Robert, and Eddard on the King's Road.  Rickard and Brandon are already dead.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/23/2019 at 10:12 AM, MushroomIsNoFool said:

What I say is that Egg knew he wasn't the prince that was promised.

He sacrificed himself and the others, to help bring the prince that was promised, Through Raella's womb...

Remenber Rhaegar was born during the fire in Summerhall...

Rhaegar is not special.  Rhaegar was born from tragedy and he died in tragedy.  Aerion and Egg played with fire magic and got their hands bit.  Lives were lost because they thought themselves capable.  Maybe Rhaegar was trying to do the same thing at the tower.  It's worth looking under those cairns for petrified dragon eggs.  

On 2/11/2019 at 11:35 PM, Here's Looking At You, Kid said:

Rhaegar is not special.  Rhaegar was born from tragedy and he died in tragedy.  Aerion and Egg played with fire magic and got their hands bit.  Lives were lost because they thought themselves capable.  Maybe Rhaegar was trying to do the same thing at the tower.  It's worth looking under those cairns for petrified dragon eggs.  

Once again, I think Egg thought that Raella's first born child would be the prince that was promised, but at the end Raella gave birth The Princess that was promised, during a storm like never seen before on Dragonstone and dying in the process... It would be nice to check on how many characters of this world whom their mother has died giving them birth, have had an important role in Westeros History...

On 2/11/2019 at 9:35 PM, Here's Looking At You, Kid said:

The manual labor it would take to tear down a tower and build stone cairns would have been prohibitive in that setting.  Unless the builders were trying to hide something.  Fire is the best tool to bring down a tower.  Rhaegar would have those things if he was trying to hatch dragon eggs and sacrifice Lyanna to the fire.  

• 3 months later...
On 1/4/2019 at 6:38 AM, Jova Snow said:

Oh Maesters did had a gigantic hand at dragons extinction no doubt, and I don't even think they need random rumors/stories to get rid of dragons, Dance of the Dragons would give them enough reason, and for Daenerys' dragons it would be her invasion that would cause people to get rid of the beasts, even Irri and Jiqhui tells her "brave men killed dragons" 

The Maesters have long since been warped into a network of spies and assassins by the Faith of the Seven. So really, its just Old Town. And as long as the Targeryens had their Dragons, they were not quite restrained by normal politics and shenanigans, and as long as their bloodlines kept expanding, they threatened to create a nobility even more explicitly tied to blood. The Velaryons had just recently become yet another House of Dragonlords outright, and there was always possibility for that to expand to say, the Arryns of the Vale and others. Instead, they were wiped out by well-timed assassinations, a massive civil war, and continued assassinations until they had married into Dornish blood, and THAT is when the madness truly entered the Targaryen bloodline.

Before that, there was no true madness, just a quarrelsome person or two, one king who fell to the influence of the cult, and another with food and sex addiction.

Archived