Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lady Rhodes

An Interesting Tidbit Project

Recommended Posts

I am glad I was helpful, I wonder if Howland being Jojen has some merit? What could be the reason he never left Greywater Watch again? 

Btw I was so sure Daario Naharis was a Blackfyre but after my research of Faceless Men I am thinking if Jaqen's new face was Daario since he told Arya to come with him across to Narrow Sea - who was his target at KL? Certainly not Tyrion since it was Mandon Moore who tried to kill him? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Feather Crystal I am not so sure about the Tower of Joy being in the Red Keep and I still think Rhaegar took Lyanna haha but you have persuaded me that there is a pattern with the title chapters and I am very interested to see how your analysis plays out.

In other news, pertaining to the Tidbit Project - my spreadsheet did not save! The horror! I am quite peeved about it and have to redo about twenty pages worth of tidbits (which requires rereading those pages). Ugh.  I think I am going to post my findings on here from now on and then later it can be compiled into a spreadsheet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lady Rhodes said:

@Feather Crystal I am not so sure about the Tower of Joy being in the Red Keep and I still think Rhaegar took Lyanna haha but you have persuaded me that there is a pattern with the title chapters and I am very interested to see how your analysis plays out.

In other news, pertaining to the Tidbit Project - my spreadsheet did not save! The horror! I am quite peeved about it and have to redo about twenty pages worth of tidbits (which requires rereading those pages). Ugh.  I think I am going to post my findings on here from now on and then later it can be compiled into a spreadsheet.

Oh no! How awful! In the earlier days of this forum there were many times I'd comprise a long reply to someone complete with quotes etc, only to lose the entire post! There used to be like a time limit to get the post completed, or at least it felt that way.

You did read my analysis regarding my belief Maegor's Holdfast is the tower of joy?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Feather Crystal said:

Oh no! How awful! In the earlier days of this forum there were many times I'd comprise a long reply to someone complete with quotes etc, only to lose the entire post! There used to be like a time limit to get the post completed, or at least it felt that way.

You did read my analysis regarding my belief Maegor's Holdfast is the tower of joy?

 

I have not read that yet, but I am planning on it.

Yes, I am not pleased.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Lady Rhodes said:

I have not read that yet, but I am planning on it.

Yes, I am not pleased.

 

What method are you trying to use to share your spreadsheet? Are you utilizing Publish as Web Page? You may have to employ some type of service like Smartsheet, SpreadsheetLive, or Google Docs.

Edited by Feather Crystal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Feather Crystal said:

What method are you trying to use to share your spreadsheet? Are you utilizing Publish as Web Page? You may have to employ some type of service like Smartsheet, SpreadsheetLive, or Google Docs.

I was using Google Docs, which is why I am surprised that I ran into this issue. I tried again, and whenever I start typing things it is "saving..." but never "saved".  I am going to have to create another spreadsheet, I think (or jot things down in a notebook, which may be a bit more reliable, but then I would have to type everything out...again.)  

Has anyone decided to join this project with the other texts? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lady Rhodes said:

I was using Google Docs, which is why I am surprised that I ran into this issue. I tried again, and whenever I start typing things it is "saving..." but never "saved".  I am going to have to create another spreadsheet, I think (or jot things down in a notebook, which may be a bit more reliable, but then I would have to type everything out...again.)  

Has anyone decided to join this project with the other texts? 

Sure, I'm game. Seems like it might be hard to organize and the file could get huge. Can you further explain how the spreadsheet would work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Feather Crystal Thank you! I'm still working on logistics on that, but will post here when I come up with something more concrete.  What I have so far is basically this format:
3 columns
Column 1: page #
Column 2: Tidbit/fact.  I try to limit it to only the tidbit, with very little commentary. Though you can see in my previous post on this thread, I did add a little question or thought occasionally, which I tried to keep brief. 
Column 3: Narrator of that POV

I'm trying to keep it simple. If we get into writing paragraphs about how this applies to this theory or that theory, I think we will get so bogged down that it becomes unhelpful and incomplete.  I think it will be more productive in the long run if we just put the page number, what we thought was interesting, and, if needed, a small note for future thought.  

This could be done, then, in a number of ways.  A simple notebook would suffice if one preferred, or an excel spreadsheet or a Google Doc.  If needed, I will create a blog on blogspot or wordpress, something free and accessible, that we can then post the link to on here.

Something that may also prove to be helpful is noting the edition you are using, and whether hardback, paper, or ebook.  It may help with any discrepancies (my book says page 7 but yours says page 9, etc)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lady Rhodes said:

@Feather Crystal Thank you! I'm still working on logistics on that, but will post here when I come up with something more concrete.  What I have so far is basically this format:
3 columns
Column 1: page #
Column 2: Tidbit/fact.  I try to limit it to only the tidbit, with very little commentary. Though you can see in my previous post on this thread, I did add a little question or thought occasionally, which I tried to keep brief. 
Column 3: Narrator of that POV

I'm trying to keep it simple. If we get into writing paragraphs about how this applies to this theory or that theory, I think we will get so bogged down that it becomes unhelpful and incomplete.  I think it will be more productive in the long run if we just put the page number, what we thought was interesting, and, if needed, a small note for future thought.  

This could be done, then, in a number of ways.  A simple notebook would suffice if one preferred, or an excel spreadsheet or a Google Doc.  If needed, I will create a blog on blogspot or wordpress, something free and accessible, that we can then post the link to on here.

Something that may also prove to be helpful is noting the edition you are using, and whether hardback, paper, or ebook.  It may help with any discrepancies (my book says page 7 but yours says page 9, etc)

How about book, chapter, then page number? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×