An Interesting Tidbit Project

Lady Rhodes

On 2/2/2019 at 5:02 PM, Jova Snow said:

But Robb never seemed to have a bond with Greywind? Like Jon with Ghost - he heard the pup even though Ghost never makes a sound? 

Robb did have a bond with Greywind, but he ignored the gift instead of embracing it, which in the end got him killed. 

1 hour ago, Euron III Greyjoy said:

Robb did have a bond with Greywind, but he ignored the gift instead of embracing it, which in the end got him killed. 

Do you think there is a reason for Robb's rejection? Varamyr says Jon rejects or ignored the gift too do you think stories of Old Nan has any part in this? 

5 minutes ago, Jova Snow said:

Do you think there is a reason for Robb's rejection? Varamyr says Jon rejects or ignored the gift too do you think stories of Old Nan has any part in this? 

They probably grew up on stories of skinchangers being evil, plus there was the Warg King who fought against House Stark. 

It makes sense that it would be Jon and Robb who reject the gift, since Sansa doesn't really have the ability since she lost her wolf so early, Arya is becoming pretty immoral anyway, Bran has a proper teacher, an Rickon is too young to understand what's going on. 

They probably grew up on stories of skinchangers being evil, plus there was the Warg King who fought against House Stark. 

It makes sense that it would be Jon and Robb who reject the gift, since Sansa doesn't really have the ability since she lost her wolf so early, Arya is becoming pretty immoral anyway, Bran has a proper teacher, an Rickon is too young to understand what's going on. 

I think Bran is becoming more immoral as he commits abominations left and right and I wouldn't say Bloodraven is a proper teacher - I can see Sansa having the skinchange ability not necessarily with wolf but birds. There is Rose of Red Lake daughter of Garth Greenhand who skinchange to cranes and we know Garth also had a son Brandon the Bloody Blade - it is possible these two are ancestor of Starks, Sansa might be our Winged Wolf if Rickon isn't.

22 minutes ago, Jova Snow said:

I think Bran is becoming more immoral as he commits abominations left and right and I wouldn't say Bloodraven is a proper teacher - I can see Sansa having the skinchange ability not necessarily with wolf but birds. There is Rose of Red Lake daughter of Garth Greenhand who skinchange to cranes and we know Garth also had a son Brandon the Bloody Blade - it is possible these two are ancestor of Starks, Sansa might be our Winged Wolf if Rickon isn't.

By proper teacher I just meant someone who is actually teaching him, unlike the others who just have to learn as they go along. 

In some stories Brandon of the Bloody Gate is the father of Bran the Builder. 

By proper teacher I just meant someone who is actually teaching him, unlike the others who just have to learn as they go along. 

In some stories Brandon of the Bloody Gate is the father of Bran the Builder. 

Possible - I am fascinated by Brandon the BB more than Bran the Builder for some reason? I don't like BR that much so I can't say I appreciate his lessons but yes I think it is important for Stark kids to learn about their abilities. 

On 2/3/2019 at 9:18 AM, Jova Snow said:

You present good points for your argument I never paid much attention to a bond with Robb and Grey Wind because other Wolf pairings of Jon/Arya/Bran were more out there and when author is dropping clues for Red Wedding he shows Robb's bound with his Wolf to be a weak one since Catelyn can understand who wolf likes or dislikes? Or maybe this is the fault of having a Catelyn POV? 

Part of the situation with Robb and Grey Wind does come from it being mostly from Cat's POV. However, I do think that Robb was pulling away from Grey Wind a bit around the time of the Red Wedding, the more he was connecting with his wife and her family. I also think he was overwhelmed with his winning battles but losing the war, the loss of Winterfell, the lost of the North, and believing his brother's were dead. Also, I speculate that Robb might have been somewhat afraid of his bond with Grey Wind. He never had a teacher to explain things and might have just not understood it. As to his ignoring Grey Wind's behavior at the Twins, it's not really unlike how Jon seems to ignore Ghost's behavior right before his stabbing. Overwhelmed and unfocused, or Jon might have understood that Ghost seemed to sense that something was not correct, just like Robb should have trusted Grey Wind's message. Robb and Jon do seem to mirror each other in this lack of understanding the message their wolves were trying to send.

8 hours ago, Jova Snow said:

I can see Sansa having the skinchange ability not necessarily with wolf but birds. There is Rose of Red Lake daughter of Garth Greenhand who skinchange to cranes and we know Garth also had a son Brandon the Bloody Blade - it is possible these two are ancestor of Starks, Sansa might be our Winged Wolf if Rickon isn't.

All of the Stark kids are wargs, but as to skinchangers, that is hard to say. Arya demonstrates that skill with cats, and both she and Sansa have some bird/winged imagery. Jon has a bond with that raven of Mormonts although I don't quite think he understands it, Bran skinchanges crows and enjoys the "birdseye" view of Winterfell that his climbing gives him, Rickon and Robb I don't associate with birds at all, but it might be because we never get their POV. 

8 hours ago, Euron III Greyjoy said:

I am hoping that Osha will find Rickon someone to teach him, or guide him, since I believe she recognizes what gift Rickon and Bran had.

• 1 month later...

Hello   @Lady Rhodes how is the project going along? 
I'm preparing to do a re-read again soon.
Maybe I can contribute some thing to your project ... I am reluctlant to commit to a full volunteering agreement as I usually read on my kindle on the go and as such unable to take notes on my readings.
I'm not sure how I could contriubute - do you have any ideas on how I could help?

20 hours ago, Yaya said:

Hello   @Lady Rhodes how is the project going along? 
I'm preparing to do a re-read again soon.
Maybe I can contribute some thing to your project ... I am reluctlant to commit to a full volunteering agreement as I usually read on my kindle on the go and as such unable to take notes on my readings.
I'm not sure how I could contriubute - do you have any ideas on how I could help?

Hi! I’m very behind, regretfully. Having a toddler does that haha. However! Any help is appreciated. What book are you thinking about doing? If you ereader shows pages, just go by what your ereader states. If not, it seems like most chapters vary between 15-20 pages - some more some less. So you could do it chapter by chapter with 15 to 20 facts. Thank you for your interest!

Archived