Is there anything that points to what is Qyburn’s heritage?

Varysblackfyre321

Just now, Varysblackfyre321 said:

You didn’t read past the third post of this thread before submitting a reply. 

Nope. I went to reply right after you posted the thread but a storm had knocked my internet out temporarily and when it came back I just replied without reloading the page to see if anyone else had chimed in. 

1 hour ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

You mean like Pate? 

Pate was flunking out, he reinforces OP's point. 

Sam is a training to be a Maester, he encounters Pate's peers; Leo Tyrell, Alleras (brought up as a noble) and Mollander (the son of a knight).  The other two, Armen and Roone, are blank slates. 

Many, not all, of the acolytes who make it to Maesters are going to come from money, someone who has provided a decent education to their children. 

The Tyrells are the rulers of the Reach and yet Mace has an uncle and at least two cousins who are Maesters or training to be Maesters.  This is a good indication of the level of people they get.

I'm guessing the many 'Pates' who are selected are done mainly to serve, like Pate, as indentured servants to the Archmaesters and most never 'graduate'.

20 hours ago, Bernie Mac said:

Pate was flunking out, he reinforces OP's point. 

Sam is a training to be a Maester, he encounters Pate's peers; Leo Tyrell, Alleras (brought up as a noble) and Mollander (the son of a knight).  The other two, Armen and Roone, are blank slates. 

Many, not all, of the acolytes who make it to Maesters are going to come from money, someone who has provided a decent education to their children. 

The Tyrells are the rulers of the Reach and yet Mace has an uncle and at least two cousins who are Maesters or training to be Maesters.  This is a good indication of the level of people they get.

I'm guessing the many 'Pates' who are selected are done mainly to serve, like Pate, as indentured servants to the Archmaesters and most never 'graduate'.

Hmm, dark theory on the Maestors using naive peasants for labor but I’d be inclined to see it as likely given regular peasants like Pate would need support classes if they ever are to stand a chance of keeping pace with their noble blooded peers but we don’t hear of such. 

44 minutes ago, Legitimate_Bastard said:

Is he? Where is that in the books?

There is analysis that shows all his whispers come from either Crownlands or Dorne (he claims to have connection in Gulltown and Free Cities, but never tells any news from there). He also made Ser Robert Strong which will expose Cersei as a liar to the whole realm as she claims his skull was sent to Dorne. There is a theory on youtube by Jacob Peterson which not everyone likes he has some odd ideas sometimes. 

23 minutes ago, Tygett Lannister said:

There is analysis that shows all his whispers come from either Crownlands or Dorne (he claims to have connection in Gulltown and Free Cities, but never tells any news from there). He also made Ser Robert Strong which will expose Cersei as a liar to the whole realm as she claims his skull was sent to Dorne. There is a theory on youtube by Jacob Peterson which not everyone likes he has some odd ideas sometimes. 

I will read ANY theory, no matter how tinfoily (not saying it is, haven't read it yet). Thanks!

Archived