Lion's mouth

13 minutes ago, Gerold the Great said:

Ladies and gentleman , honored friends. 

We know that walls of Storms end are 100 feet high. And we also know that Lion's mouth, the main gate to Casterly rock, is 200 feet high. 

So my question is: How can that be possible ?? (I mean gates of that size..??) 

Well Lion's mouth is natural cavern.

2 minutes ago, Gerold the Great said:

I know but that "natural cavern" must be protected by hudge gates, and since dragons can not penetrate the rock, that implies that they are not made of wood

I don't think they made a gate over entire entrance in Lion's mouth, that seems to be impossible. The Rock itself is about of one and a half of Rock of Gibraltar height.

15 minutes ago, Gerold the Great said:

I'm sorry but you are wrong. 

A rock is twice the size of rock of Gibraltar, I made some math before so I know that. 

Even so why couldn't dragons take it, if it doesn't cover all entrance to it. 

Can you show your work?

47 minutes ago, Gerold the Great said:

I'm sorry but you are wrong. 

A rock is twice the size of rock of Gibraltar, I made some math before so I know that. 

Even so why couldn't dragons take it, if it doesn't cover all entrance to it. 

Casterly Rock is three times higher than the Wall which is around 700 feet so Casterly Rock is around 2100 feet and Gibraltar Rock is almost 1400 feet, so yes, Casterly Rock is one and a half of Gibraltar's size. I'm sorry but you are the one in the wrong or you used different measurment than me.

4 minutes ago, Gerold the Great said:

I was just about to send you the same thing but I was absent for a while. Now I am back and you are absolutely right, i apologize. 

Still that doesn't explain how Lion's mouth defends itself or at least "close" itself to attacker.

I am great Lannister fan and I really want to figure that out. 

No problem, anyway we don't have much info about the Rock, so we can only speculate.

Perhaps dragons could only set fire to the part of the Rock, while rest would still be safe, but that begs the question - wouldn't people there suffocate from smoke? 

3 minutes ago, Paxter Redwyne said:

No problem, anyway we don't have much info about the Rock, so we can only speculate.

Perhaps dragons could only set fire to the part of the Rock, while rest would still be safe, but that begs the question - wouldn't people there suffocate from smoke? 

Probably they won't since that gates are too big so smoke can get out very quickly and rock is two miles long from west to east so it would be hard for smoke to spread all over.

3 hours ago, Gerold the Great said:

Still that doesn't explain how Lion's mouth defends itself or at least "close" itself to attacker.

I am great Lannister fan and I really want to figure that out. 

I would guess that even if a dragon could get past the Lion's Gate, it could make that part of the Rock uninhabitable for a while, but the rest will be perfectly fine.

And this would give the defenders a tactical advantage because they now have the dragon in a confined space. If they had the sense that the gods gave a goose, they would have the whole area rigged so that a little fire brings a whole lot of rock tumbling down on said dragon.

10 minutes ago, John Suburbs said:

I would guess that even if a dragon could get past the Lion's Gate, it could make that part of the Rock uninhabitable for a while, but the rest will be perfectly fine.

And this would give the defenders a tactical advantage because they now have the dragon in a confined space. If they had the sense that the gods gave a goose, they would have the whole area rigged so that a little fire brings a whole lot of rock tumbling down on said dragon.

That has crossed my mind as well, but then the army outside could enter , they don't need dragon anymore. 

But again that would mean that dragon is dead together with it's rider so I agree. It's to great cost to pay. 

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 2:50 PM, Gerold the Great said:

That has crossed my mind as well, but then the army outside could enter , they don't need dragon anymore. 

But again that would mean that dragon is dead together with it's rider so I agree. It's to great cost to pay. 

Dragon is dead, and entrance to CR is filled with rubble and dead dragon. So now, with only an army to face on Lannister home turf, it would be advantage-Lannister.

On 1/4/2019 at 2:45 PM, Gerold the Great said:

Ladies and gentleman , honored friends. 

We know that walls of Storms end are 100 feet high. And we also know that Lion's mouth, the main gate to Casterly rock, is 200 feet high. 

So my question is: How can that be possible ?? (I mean gates of that size..??) 

I don't know which entree is the lions mouth? One looks like its surrounded by the bay and the other one is so high with a very high stair, so an attack wouldnt stand i guess. So maybe the gate is just high enough and we don't know what is inside, if there are maybe a lot of small caves with their own defences. Little bit more information over this mysterious castle would be nice.

18 hours ago, Seaserpent said:

I don't know which entree is the lions mouth? One looks like its surrounded by the bay and the other one is so high with a very high stair, so an attack wouldnt stand i guess. So maybe the gate is just high enough and we don't know what is inside, if there are maybe a lot of small caves with their own defences. Little bit more information over this mysterious castle would be nice.

Interesting, I am confused also.

Archived