MCUniverse- Captain Marvel Rises!

A True Kaniggit

11 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Right? It was a character whose jokes did not land. Why is there 4 pages of material about that?

Oh good not just me. I figured it’s what I deserved for opening a thread about comic book movies on an Internet forum. 

2 hours ago, Heartofice said:

Lets be honest, it was one of a number of complaints I have with the movie, but its the one that seems to get the most pushback, seemingly because those arguing in bad faith want to attach racist motivations towards it. If it wasn't so funny it would be scary.

It's neither, and it's a bit depressing that you can't see that. Again, to claim that you are somehow not influenced by the entire culture around you, that you grew up in, is just not a tenable position.

ps to be fair, I also asked you to elaborate on your complaints re: the CGI. You blanked that, I assume because you can't.

7 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Tell me about it. I bored myself. I'll think twice before going against the grain on marvel movies next time.

Hey man, I didn't give a fuck for the character neither. But there's way more interesting stuff to talk about. But you must do what you feel is right.

15 minutes ago, mormont said:

It's neither, and it's a bit depressing that you can't see that. Again, to claim that you are somehow not influenced by the entire culture around you, that you grew up in, is just not a tenable position.

ps to be fair, I also asked you to elaborate on your complaints re: the CGI. You blanked that, I assume because you can't.

Ugh.. you lured me in again. The CGI is a common complaint for many, even those who liked the movie, I'm hardly rocking the boat by mentioning it. 

Just watch the final battle between BP and Killmonger. Everything is wrong with it.

• The framing is lazy with no depth between the central characters and the background
  • The compositing is awful and so obviously green screened
  •  The worst crime is the way the models move and the camera work however. None of the movement feels natural, characters have no weight. The animation is reminiscent of the first Raimi Spiderman movie or worse, early 2000's CD-ROM games.
  • The camera moves around in an unnatural fashion, it never feels like you are watching a real scene, but just a series of computer generated images.

All of these are criticisms I would throw at Snyder movies, Justice League is hugely guilty of it all. 

Compare the action to this from Civil War. Its far more expertly handled. Look at how they use the camera to greater effect, don't rely on CGI except when they really can't do something in real life, look how all the punches and kicks hit with effect and feel real, how they frame shots and edit them to enhance the action:

I'm gonna be that guy, but Homecoming didn't really do it for me. It wasn't terrible or anything, but I found it pretty forgettable. I think mainly that it didn't seem like it knew what it was trying to say. The purported theme didn't match the plot beats.

12 minutes ago, Liffguard said:

I'm gonna be that guy, but Homecoming didn't really do it for me. It wasn't terrible or anything, but I found it pretty forgettable. I think mainly that it didn't seem like it knew what it was trying to say. The purported theme didn't match the plot beats.

I was actually underwhelmed by it as well.

6 hours ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

But the supersmart highly educated black girl with Wakandan resources is whereyou draw the line...

I mean... Why are you brining skin color into the conversation? If you guys are going to do that stop speaking in code and say what you really mean. 

Personally I thought the girl was one of the least eye rolling things about the movie, she just seems like your typical super smart side kick, so I wouldn't pick that as the hilll to die on when saying this movie was trash. But some of you guys are jumping to ascribe nefarious motives, and that's sort of lame unless this poster has exhibited racist and sexist tendancies in the past (which I honestly don't know). 

6 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

I love the part in Homecoming where the random guys on the street are like "It's Spider-man! Do a flip!", and he does. Just..that's perfect Spider-Man right there.

I liked how Aunt May is a stone cold fox. And that Jack Bauer had a personal relationship with Spider Man and Peter Parker that was not exclusively "punching man". 

5 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I liked how Aunt May is a stone cold fox. And that Jack Bauer had a personal relationship with Spider Man and Peter Parker that was not exclusively "punching man". 

Oh yeah, I'll spoiler tag this in case, but

Spoiler

I love how it takes Keaton about 10 seconds to figure out Peter Parker is Spider-Man.

I live in Queens, so seeing it here was pretty awesome. Several spots around me were sets for it. That said, I am really indifferent about Spiderman - I didn't see the Andrew Garfield one (ones? I forget) and wasn't into the hobbit-lookalike guy either.

Holland was pretty great, though, wasn't he? Then he gets the big moment in Infinity War. I wonder if Brie Larsen will be able to bring some swagger to her role a la Evans or Downey Jr brought to compliment Holland's charm in the next Phase.

Archived