MCUniverse- Captain Marvel Rises!

A True Kaniggit

6 hours ago, mormont said:

I think people are overestimating Carol's powers if they rate her as 'unstoppable like the Hulk'.

Kevin Feige started this all by saying she was one of the most powerful heroes ever featured in the MCU. Can't blame people for reading this as being at least as "unstoppable" as whatever character people deemed to be "most powerful".

Carol has a wider range of powers than most Avengers - flight, super-strength, energy blasts, damage resistance, and more - but she's one person. There's only so much she can do. She's no different than Tony, really. Good writers will always make that work. 

This is true. You can always introduce something that can't be defeated by powers alone. 

2 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

I dunno, youseem to hate everything in the MCU and have said you don’t even watch the films anymore, why are YOU posting?

1 - Saw Venom

2 - Liked it

3 - Posted

4 - Chimed in about Black Panther

5 - Saw you guys dog piling someone and throwing thinly veiled accusations that appeared to lack any sort of validity

6 - Was subjugated to your 900th eye roll post of the year, asked why you even bother

7 - Now we're here. 

2 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Actually I think the music for the prequels is fantastic. Usually it’s listening to them that makes me think “hey they can’t be as bad as I remember”. Then I watch then and I’m like oh right.

Yeah, well, when humor attempts go wrong and all...

Since this is the MCU, lets talk about their music. The Avengers theme has always been good, and Alan Silvestri did a solid job in Infinity War. Black Panther's soundtrack's was pretty good, but so far my preference is the Thor movies. I love the Ragnarok soundtrack, and even the others are great, no matter the quality of the stories.

2 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Since this is the MCU, lets talk about their music. The Avengers theme has always been good, and Alan Silvestri did a solid job in Infinity War. Black Panther's soundtrack's was pretty good, but so far my preference is the Thor movies. I love the Ragnarok soundtrack, and even the others are great, no matter the quality of the stories.

Ragnarok is maybe the only MCU movie where I have even noticed the soundtrack (outside of Avengers). It feels like they all tend to play it rather safe outside of Ragnarok. Everything in these movies is exactly the sort of thing you would expect. I couldn't really tell you any of the other soundtracks if you played them in front of me.

30 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Ragnarok is maybe the only MCU movie where I have even noticed the soundtrack (outside of Avengers). It feels like they all tend to play it rather safe outside of Ragnarok. Everything in these movies is exactly the sort of thing you would expect. I couldn't really tell you any of the other soundtracks if you played them in front of me.

The first GotG? 

3 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Oh I could go on about soundtracks in general for hours. I think the MCU is finally getting some decent scores outside the Avengers films. Really liked Ragnorok and SpiderMan and Strange. 

I like these too.  Plus GotG - both sound tracks are fab.

And I really love the Avengers theme.  It's used so well in the films.

9 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Anybody think the small gap between Caotain Marvel and Endgame hurts the latter's box office? 

If it's going to hurt any box office, it would more likely be the former. Avengers Endgame is a direct sequel to the biggest movie in the Marvel universe, resolving the fate of known and beloved characters, in a known and familiar franchise. Captain Marvel is new. If I'm looking at my budget or my time and figuring out which I can skip, it isn't A:E. 

But I'll be at both. Let's be real. 

I can't imagine Captain Marvel affecting Endgame's box office much. If anything it will only build excitement for it if CM is any good. 

There is the possibility that they push Captain Marvel in all the Endgame trailers and it backfires if her own movie turns out to be a dud, but I can't imagine that happening.

22 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

I wonder if the average cinema goer would look at it that way. I'd have thought they'd more see that a new Marvel film was out, then go and see it, not really thinking about when Infinity War was due to drop.

Infinity War was due to drop last year, so maybe that's not a big issue. :p

Seriously, though, for any other movie you'd probably be right but Endgame is (as noted) a highly anticipated part 2 of a story. Anybody who can't afford to see both, or hasn't time, is likely to be paying attention to when it's due. Anyone who can do both, probably will. I just can't see any significant number of viewers who might go see CM, then not see A:E. Of course there will be some, but not enough to damage the box office for A:E, I'd imagine.

Archived