MCUniverse- Captain Marvel Rises!

A True Kaniggit

7 hours ago, DMC said:

Yeah if anything, Nolan's trilogy earned DC some good faith with the public.  That's how I remember it going into Man of Steel.  Of course, then the public saw Man of Steel.

I think part of the problem was thinking the only thing that made Nolan's batfilms work was thst they were relatively "realistic" (especially compared to previous batman films) and they decided to apply that to all DC characters. There's a reason the two most accepted DC films are the two that have a bit more fun. Maybe it isn't the superheroes that entice people into the cinema but the fact they are fun popcorn movies when it comes down to Marvel? 

43 minutes ago, red snow said:

I think part of the problem was thinking the only thing that made Nolan's batfilms work was thst they were relatively "realistic" (especially compared to previous batman films) and they decided to apply that to all DC characters. There's a reason the two most accepted DC films are the two that have a bit more fun. Maybe it isn't the superheroes that entice people into the cinema but the fact they are fun popcorn movies when it comes down to Marvel? 

Yes there is an element of that. Nolan's movies worked on some level because he took the idea of Batman seriously and produced a 'real' movie about the character. That turned out to be in a more realistic setting but it wasn't the reality that was the key element, it was the work and values that went into producing the movie. Same with MCU movies, there is clearly a love of the characters and they take the stories seriously and build something you can believe in. 

You could suggest that Man of Steel was made by someone who didn't 'get' Superman and didn't take him seriously, and ultimately that was why it failed. I actually really like MoS as a movie, but I understand that critique. 

I don't think that people ONLY want to have fun popcorn movies when it comes to superhero movies, there is definitely room for all kinds of approaches.

54 minutes ago, mormont said:

Also, international version, slightly different. 

International trailer is definitely a lot better.. first portion anyway. 

Call me deeply unexcited for this. I'm not sure what this is movie is adding, other than a bunch of silly looking CGI moments. I don't really like the idea of 'Spidey does Europe' very much and the story looks incredibly inconsequential. I was hoping Spidey movies would be a bit smaller scale and emotional. This just looks like 'a romp'. Doesn't get me going.

9 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Is that Sandman, Hydroman, and Mysterio?  Seems a bit much...

I think they're Mysterio illusions / special effects.

I didn't see Homecoming in theaters despite Spiderman being tied with Batman for my favorite comic book hero. But I'm really intrigued with a live action Mysterio..

I live in Queens, so I'm a bit salty they left my 'hood. My best pal is a massive fan of Spiderman, the MCU, and has a huge crush on Holland. He's very excited, but he has such rose-tinted glasses right now that any footage of Holland making quips will appease him. I don't have the heart to tell him I thought the trailer looked pretty weak.

I expect it'll be lots of fun - Holland is terrific in the role even if he isn't filming scenes down the street from my apartment again. Then again, I adored Guardians of the Galaxy, and apparently am in the severe minority for thinking the sequel was hot garbage.

Okay, i thought I was done being excited by MCU trailers. Like, I have yet to see the second Ant-Man. Then I saw that trailer with Captain Marvel flying around like fucking Goku blowing up Skrull ships.

Also Venom genuinely has potential to sprout a fun sequel, and I hope to all gods Holy and Unholy Peter Parker hooks up with the symbiote on his way back to Earth.

55 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

The plot will very likely be Mysterio pretending to be a hero, and Spidey finding him out.

Yeah, people on fansites are overthinking things to claim that is "too obvious". At the very least i expect mysterio to unwittingly cause innocent people's deaths and then become spidey's foe in covering it up.

Archived