MCUniverse- Captain Marvel Rises!

A True Kaniggit

2 hours ago, TheKitttenGuard said:

I really hope they are not suggesting the rest of earth, shrugged, shed a tear and moved on? I'm pretty sure losing 50% of life would leave the earth in ruins (never sure whether all life/conscious life or just humans died). I guess this is just fantasy and a cinematic world where a previous alien invasion didn't have long lasting impact either but i'd hope for something a little more post Apocalypse.

That said, i Don't even need a trailer to know I'm watching this on the day of release

26 minutes ago, red snow said:

I really hope they are not suggesting the rest of earth, shrugged, shed a tear and moved on?

I didn't get that impression.  I mean, they showed Citi Field abandoned and that doesn't usually happen til half the Mets get injured around mid-May.

2 hours ago, red snow said:

I really hope they are not suggesting the rest of earth, shrugged, shed a tear and moved on? I'm pretty sure losing 50% of life would leave the earth in ruins (never sure whether all life/conscious life or just humans died). I guess this is just fantasy and a cinematic world where a previous alien invasion didn't have long lasting impact either but i'd hope for something a little more post Apocalypse.

That said, i Don't even need a trailer to know I'm watching this on the day of release

I can only assume they are relying on this (which is kind of reasonable, the film will have its massive audience trailers or no) because so far the advertising has been boring as hell

37 minutes ago, Bastard of Boston said:

This, OTOH, really did a good job of making me want to see CM

5 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

I'm more than happy with these trailers. Its a sad day when we are asking for trailers that spoil more of a movie.

I don’t want the trailer to spoil the movie (see Spider-Man Far From Home). I do want it to get me excited and honestly this was just a short clip of nothing interesting or attention grabbing.

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I can only assume they are relying on this (which is kind of reasonable, the film will have its massive audience trailers or no) because so far the advertising has been boring as hell

This, OTOH, really did a good job of making me want to see CM

I can see why they'd spend more on selling CM at the moment. Plenty of action always helps.

43 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

I'm more than happy with these trailers. Its a sad day when we are asking for trailers that spoil more of a movie.

I think people are asking for something more than a dark room with close ups of characters. That can be achieved without spoiling more of the movie. All that has been "spoiled" so far is knowledge that ant Man and hawkeye are present. 

2 hours ago, Corvinus said:

I expect the final trailer to be the biggest, most likely post Captain Marvel release, and it'll include her in it. Infinity War's final trailer was, I believe, the biggest, too, and they edited stuff in it to hide a few things.

If captain Marvel has a big role In the film and if her film succeeds (seems likely) I agree that we'll probably get a big avengers trailer a week after captain marvel is released

2 hours ago, Corvinus said:

I expect the final trailer to be the biggest, most likely post Captain Marvel release, and it'll include her in it.

Totally agree - I think her involvement is definitely something they are waiting to highlight in a final trailer.

8 hours ago, Heartofice said:

I mean, I'm fine with the trailers.  I just don't think they're very interesting because they can't really show anything at all.  It's basically just a bunch of shots of the Avengers walking.

On 2/4/2019 at 11:32 PM, red snow said:

I do hope the movie spends a bit of time on how normies were told the story of how 50% of everyone were dusted. And the collective reaction. The poster at the start of the trailer kind of suggests there have been several group hug sessions. But really, the Avengers with both the amount of brain power and brawn at their disposal, are scratching their head about doing something. The rest of the world would best try to work through the stages of grief and get on with playing the hand they've been dealt.

I'm probably going to go on a trailer blackout now for Captain Marvel. At this point I feel like any trailers with additional content are just going to spoil stuff for me. I'm also inclined to not watch any further Endgame trailers.

Assuming Endgame turns out to be at least as good as the top 3/4 MCU movies. What are the chances that it gets nominated for (and possibly wins) Best Picture for the 2020 Oscars. This MCU venture is unprecedented in cinema history (including that it crossed over into multiple TV series), so the Academy kind of has to recognise it in some fashion, other than throwing it the occasional technical award. Perhaps it's more appropriate to recognise this sort of achievement with one of those lifetime achievement awards. But who to award? Kevin Feige? The MCU has been a monumental and astonishingly successful (critically and financially) undertaking. And what's going down with the DCEU at the moment shows that it's not so easy to do.

52 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

Well, it's been reported that Endgame is the longest MCU film to date, so I'll guess that they will spend more than enough time on everyone's reactions to the snap before the remaining heroes formulate their plan.

Hope they don't go full Peter Jackson.  You never go full Peter Jackson.

Archived