Is there some material written for Fire & Blood part 2 yet?

Mwm

I believe Martin said he had 350,000 words of sidebars left over from World of Ice and Fire, and part 1 is noticeably shorter than the first ASOIAF. Does this mean a nice chuck has already been written for part 2?

9 minutes ago, King Aegon I Targaryen said:

Yeah I don't think he has done much for Book 2 yet. Honestly I could see both TWoW and ADoS coming out first. For all we know Book 2 might have spoilers or clues for the last two ASOIAF books, so he'd want to bring that out last. 

The point I was trying to make is that Fire And Blood is nowhere near 350,000 words long. It’s page count is shorter than AGOT which was around 250, and that’s not even mentioning the hundred pages of illustrations empty of text. And, I thought he said that he just recently wrote The Conciliators full reign...

8 minutes ago, Arataniello said:

Frankly, I don't want to even hear about Fire and Blood volume 2, as it would ruin any further Dunk and Egg stories.

I want the first fucking Blackfyre rebellion man!

3 hours ago, Arataniello said:

Frankly, I don't want to even hear about Fire and Blood volume 2, as it would ruin any further Dunk and Egg stories.

That's the reason why I tell everybody who wants to hear that FaB should only cover Aegon III to Daeron II - if it is written and published before Dunk & Egg are finished. There is more than enough potential for a book the size of FaB I in the reign of those kings.

I agree that most of what we like in Dunk & Egg would be ruined if we got an in-depth history of the later kings. And if crucial tidbits were not covered in as many details as they should be - because their importance warrants that they are covered in great detail - then FaB II would basically suck, too.

Honestly, at the rate that George RR Martin works, we probably won’t get the last two ASOIAF books, Fire and Blood II, and more books in the Dunk & Egg series to cover Aegon’s reign. It’s a tough choice, but really, if I can only have two out of three, I’m willing to abandon hope for the Dunk & Egg books and just let Fire and Blood II spoil everything.

Yeah it was a real cliffhanger giving us half of Aegon III reign there should have been another chapter or two and finished him off and ended the Dragons tale.

But can't change the past now we'll just see what GRRM next move is.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2019 at 12:17 AM, Mwm said:

I believe Martin said he had 350,000 words of sidebars left over from World of Ice and Fire, and part 1 is noticeably shorter than the first ASOIAF. Does this mean a nice chuck has already been written for part 2?

Thank the gods because the book is long enough, though I would have liked some new info on Viserys' reign. Like people have said in the thread I'd prefer Dunk and Egg before volume 2, though I am very curious to see how the rest of our favorite Emo king's reign plays out.

On 1/6/2019 at 4:07 PM, James Steller said:

Honestly, at the rate that George RR Martin works, we probably won’t get the last two ASOIAF books, Fire and Blood II, and more books in the Dunk & Egg series to cover Aegon’s reign. It’s a tough choice, but really, if I can only have two out of three, I’m willing to abandon hope for the Dunk & Egg books and just let Fire and Blood II spoil everything.

Hahahaha---I get your frustration.   

On 1/29/2019 at 12:22 PM, Mrs.Grumpy said:

I don’t know why he didn’t cover Aegon III’s reign, probably because the cast is too huge and he needs time to for chronology.

I was particularly interested in the Dragon Bane for more complete information from the Dance of Dragons.   I got a ton of stuff from those last couple of chapters--well after I gave up hope of getting any information I was looking for.  I'm among those people who believe F&B was released to fill in some blanks Martin hasn't got around to writing into the main series, but needs to address for the main series.   No doubt you're absolutely right about why F&B ended precisely where it did.   I have a particular mystery to chase in this madness.  F&B went a very long way to aiding my search for answers.    We got some stunning information in what we did get.  I think if F&B extended through Aegon III's reign future events would be spoiled.   Ending with the regency was perfect for fanning flames.   

Archived