NFL 2019: Wild Card, Mitches!

Jace, Extat

In a league that throws flags like they are confetti in a Mardi Gras parade, I don’t see how that didn’t get called.

Its rare that I ever say refs cost a team a game, but they definitely did there.

9 minutes ago, Mexal said:

I’m getting tired of the Twitter hot takes that say “shouldn’t let one call dictate the result”. It’s the NFC Championship, teams are even and margins are tight. Shit like that matters.

As far as I am concerned the Saints won the 2018 NFC Championship, but the Rams went to the Superbowl.

16 minutes ago, Rhom said:

In a league that throws flags like they are confetti in a Mardi Gras parade, I don’t see how that didn’t get called.

Its rare that I ever say refs cost a team a game, but they definitely did there.

These refs hadn't been throwing the flags though; at one point deep into the game Joe Buck even noted that there had only been 5 total penalties in the game up until then. And apparently that crew is known for not calling penalties as often as others do.

They should've in this case, but the circumstances were all there for them not to. Especially with the whole, "The Rams are 0-8 in games that Vinovich refs" which may have influenced the decision too.

9 minutes ago, unJon said:

Has to be right there with the no call on the 49ers in the 2003 playoff game vs Giants. 

Oooh! That's a good one to bring up. It's certainly comparable, but this one has to be worse because at least that was a broken and crazy play.

1 minute ago, Ramsay B. said:

Great job by CBS for showing us all the angles. Agree with the call.

Absolutely. I was getting a little annoyed at Romo for continuously talking about the angles which were irrelevant.

Archived