New Prequel Casting Announced

Westeros

From EW, the pilot production for HBO’s new Game of Thrones successor show—“The Long Night”, as George calls it (but HBO tells him not to)—has collected eight new actors as well as announed its director.

Veteran TV director S.J. Clarkson will direct. Her credits include HBO’s prestige series Vinyl (which, sadly, failed to draw in viewers), Jessica Jones, Life on Mars, and much more—and is set to helm the as-yet unnamed new Star Trek film. Joining her and the previously-announced Naomi Watts and Josh Whitehouse are eight additional actors. See their details below!

read on >>>

View the full article

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/30/2019 at 6:21 AM, Anaerys said:

That would be a good way to shake up the lore. 

The lore not be shaken up for anything that comes from this show. It's just authorized parallel fiction, written by people that are not likely to be particularly knowledgeable of the original material or attached to it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/12/2019 at 9:18 AM, donje said:

Or a Valyrian woman in the Freehold, since the prequel shows won't have only Westeros  located events.

A Valyrian woman in the Freehold 4,000 years before Valyrian history even began? I'm skeptical.

10 hours ago, Potsk said:

A Valyrian woman in the Freehold 4,000 years before Valyrian history even began? I'm skeptical.

The character could be Ghiscari. Meereenese characters have been represented by black actors in Game of Thrones before, and if this aligns with Old Ghis's zenith, it's not too hard to believe that she could be from this civilisation.

Or indeed, the Rhoyne. Dornish characters on the show (even talking about this pains me) have been represented through Latin American, Arab, and Indian actors. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch if they got represented as black before they intermarried with the Dornish that were already there.

Or of course, a character from the Summer Isles isn't impossible. We know they started being avid explorers after they were discovered by the Ghiscari.

However, the prospect of having a black main character in the ASOIAF universe really doesn't bother me, but some of these descriptions do. A "socialite" in the Bronze Age, for instance?

Miranda Richardson has just been added to the pilot cast.  I hope we'll start hearing updates soon.  Anybody know when filming is supposed to start?  Did I hear correctly that some filming will be in the Canary Islands?

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/game-of-thrones-prequel-miranda-richardson-cast-1203165707/

Strange....much like Naomi Watts, Richardson doesn't match the physical description of any of the casting rolls we got; three of those were "Caucasian Female", but none of those three were above the age of 30.  Richardson is 60.  But like Watts, she was probably hand-picked without an audition.

On 3/14/2019 at 3:25 AM, Vaith said:

The character could be Ghiscari. Meereenese characters have been represented by black actors in Game of Thrones before, and if this aligns with Old Ghis's zenith, it's not too hard to believe that she could be from this civilisation.

Or indeed, the Rhoyne. Dornish characters on the show (even talking about this pains me) have been represented through Latin American, Arab, and Indian actors. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch if they got represented as black before they intermarried with the Dornish that were already there.

Or of course, a character from the Summer Isles isn't impossible. We know they started being avid explorers after they were discovered by the Ghiscari.

However, the prospect of having a black main character in the ASOIAF universe really doesn't bother me, but some of these descriptions do. A "socialite" in the Bronze Age, for instance?

Naomi Watts isn't black...

1 hour ago, Potsk said:

The Night King versus.... the Trashman.

If we're going that route we obviously need the Night King versus Day Man.  Hence DeVito would be the troll who demands a toll to get in..well, we'll leave it there.

20 hours ago, The Dragon Demands said:

But like Watts, she was probably hand-picked without an audition.

Yup.  Anyway, I loved Richardson in Sleepy Hollow.  Can't remember anything she's been in recently, but definitely a plus pickup.  Interesting the two most famous casting announcements are both blonde women.

Archived