Sign in to follow this  
RedEyedGhost

Amazing Book Deals: The Third

Who Fears Death by Nnedi Okorafor is currently $1.99 on US Kindle. It’s also currently being adapted as a series by HBO with GRRM producing.

GGK has noted that he has been informed by his publishers that all US e-book retailers should be carrying Under Heaven today for $1.99. Great deal for a great book, one of the best fantasy novels published in 2010.

Mary Renault's wonderful first entry in her  Theseus duology is on sale on Kindle at the US Amazon, priced at about $1. Works internationally, as I got it with VAT to supplement our paperback. The book is The King Must Dieand it is very, very, very good. Renault's prose is terrific, and her ability to present a remote and sometimes alien mindset is really remarkable -- Theseus sees things through a lens of superstition and tradition that leads to interesting choices.

I'd recommend pretty much every other historical novel of hers, truth be told, but particularly her "trilogy" concerning Alexander the Great: Fire from Heaven, The Persian Boy, and Funeral Games.

1 hour ago, Lord Patrek said:

Robert Jordan's The Eye of the World, The Great Hunt, The Dragon Reborn, and The Shadow Rising are 4.99$ on Kindle.

Tempting. I actually went to Half Price Books looking for these a handful of months ago and they had exactly zero copies.