Can Cat be happy?

Hugorfonics

I don't think LS is capable of happiness. I think even seeing all her remaining family together, happy and thriving wouldn't do that. It would just sap her of her resolve for vengeance and I think she'd fade away into true death. (small nitpick - Cat is not LS. Cat is dead IMO)

Personally I don't think so. Maybe if she found Arya or Sansa she might be momentarily happy, but I don't think it would last. She is pretty much just "living" for vengeance now, and there are always going to be Lannisters and Freys to kill. Even if she did the impossible and managed to wipe out literally every single one of them, she would probably find someone else to hate and go after them. 

I don't think she will rest until she can have Ned's eyes in some way shape or form. Those are the things she noticed missing when the Silent Sisters brought his bones to Riverrun.

She also noticed his sword missing, but she already saw Oathkeeper and probably sensed its provenance. Maybe she needs Widow's Wail before she can rest in peace?

Or maybe she will rest when Ned's bones are returned to Winterfell. Although that may never happen.

I agree with those who think Lady Stoneheart won't or can't be happy. I also don't think she can ever be satisfied. True, there are lots of Freys to kill, and Lannisters, and Bolton men, yet note that when her men apprehended Brienne, Catelyn's sworn sword, who was on a declared mission to find Sansa and Arya, the Lady's response was to kill her. The execution was only postponed when Brienne apparently agreed to track down and return Jaime Lannister, so the Brotherhood w/o Beric could kill him, too.

I strongly suspect Lady Stoneheart would be similarly vengeful on Catelyn's daughters. Arya, because she wasn't held captive with dear Sansa and unfairly got to "run free"; then Sansa for some other dumb reason. Lady S has subverted the purpose of the Brotherhood and caused it to break up, lose its way. I wonder that any of them still obey her; maybe it's because she has the last speck of Lord Beric's life?

5 hours ago, Hugorfonics said:

Was Lady Stoneheart happy when she found out Arya is alive?

I'm not joking around I am seriously asking ---- when did LSH discover Arya is alive?

5 hours ago, Hugorfonics said:

Would she be happy seeing Edmure or Brynden, or would it take seeing Bran to smile?

For all intent and purposes Catelyn is dead. Her dead flesh was given some non-explainable kiss of life. The grief of her husbands death, the grief in her belief that her two young sons are dead, watching Roose stab Robb and concern about Sansa & Arya have driven her mad.

Happy, joyous and free she will never be. Until someone puts her down. --- off with the head. Don't get me wrong in my opinion LSH deserves retribution.

I think there is going to be a long drawn out thawg with Jaime, Brienne & LSH.   Personally I would verra much enjoy reading how it plays out.

If martin keeps his style there will be approximately 800-1000 pages of WoW to read.

LSH's band of merry men is not very large.  Who among the Westeros Lords would welcome her into their ranks? Har!

Don't judge me but it would be fantastic if LSH was given the opportunity to gut Roose or Lord Walder.

38 minutes ago, Clegane'sPup said:

I'm not joking around I am seriously asking ---- when did LSH discover Arya is alive?

She "joined" the Brotherhood and took life from Beric while they were tracking Sandor Clegane, who had kidnapped Arya from them. Recall Sandor took Arya and headed directly for the Twins and "your brother's bloody wedding"; they arrived just in time for the mass murders, managed to escape after Sandor killed three Frey knights, and there were witnesses reporting that they had seen the Hound and a child companion. So the Brotherhood, now w/o Beric, knew Arya was still alive and who she was with.

I don't think she can be happy but I think she may at some point she may just give up and choose to die properly by reviving someone else like Beric did....someone who could help her remaining children....someone called Jaime or Brienne...for example

7 hours ago, Hugorfonics said:

Was Lady Stoneheart happy when she found out Arya is alive? Would she be happy seeing Edmure or Brynden, or would it take seeing Bran to smile?

I doubt she even remembers them, in any human sense of the word.  Lady Stoneheart is not Cat.  She is a demon-animated vengeance zombie.  She has access to some of Cat's memories and motives, but retains none of her humanity.  She cares for nobody and nothing.

2 hours ago, Clegane'sPup said:

"Don't get me wrong in my opinion LSH deserves retribution."

LSH is an evil zombie.  She deserves to be put down.  Now maybe there are some others in the story that deserve to be mercilessly slain by evil zombies.  But that's another story.  That's about what THEY deserve.

2 hours ago, Clegane'sPup said:

"I think there is going to be a long drawn out thawg with Jaime, Brienne & LSH. "

I think you will be disappointed.  Jaime was lured off for what he thought would be a day's ride or so.  But he has already been missing for weeks or months.  Whatever happened, it happened offscreen, and we have already missed it.

Set aside the wishful thinking of Brienne/Jaime fans and it will not be hard to guess what has happened.

7 hours ago, Hugorfonics said:

Was Lady Stoneheart happy when she found out Arya is alive? Would she be happy seeing Edmure or Brynden, or would it take seeing Bran to smile?

I’m confused. Your header says “Cat”, but the text says LSH. so, which one is the question about? :)

37 minutes ago, Platypus Rex said:

Jaime was lured off for what he thought would be a day's ride or so.  But he has already been missing for weeks or months.  Whatever happened, it happened offscreen, and we have already missed it.

Good catch! And we're still hoping we'll find out in The Winds of Winter.

38 minutes ago, Platypus Rex said:

I think you will be disappointed.  Jaime was lured off for what he thought would be a day's ride or so.  But he has already been missing for weeks or months.  Whatever happened, it happened offscreen, and we have already missed it.

Yup. But not coz he’s dead, but b/c he’s now the leader of a faction of the BwB. 

38 minutes ago, Platypus Rex said:

Set aside the wishful thinking of Brienne/Jaime fans and it will not be hard to guess what has happened.

Martin will be sad to hear this, since he seems to be one of the Jaime/Brienne fans. :)

32 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

"Yup. But not coz he’s dead, but b/c he’s now the leader of a faction of the BwB."

He can maybe do all kinds of things once his bloody corpse gets the kiss of fire.  But once you become an evil zombie, your POV ceases.

"Martin will be sad to hear this, since he seems to be one of the Jaime/Brienne fans. :)"

Yeah, well.  He says he was sad about Ned and Rob too.  :)

1 hour ago, Platypus Rex said:

LSH is an evil zombie.  She deserves to be put down.  Now maybe there are some others in the story that deserve to be mercilessly slain by evil zombies.  But that's another story.  That's about what THEY deserve.

Weeeeeel, all I can say is I be old. Not into zombies. I became tired of Walking Dead season three.

I dunna know how martin's kiss of life or death works.

If someone put LSH down I am of opine it will be Jaime or Breinne.

Doesn't change my opine that it would be a juicy tidbit if LSH would be able to gut Roose or LW.

1 hour ago, Platypus Rex said:

I think you will be disappointed.  Jaime was lured off for what he thought would be a day's ride or so.  But he has already been missing for weeks or months.  Whatever happened, it happened offscreen, and we have already missed it.

What did I type?  A personal opinion.

4 hours ago, Clegane'sPup said:

I think there is going to be a long drawn out thawg with Jaime, Brienne & LSH.   Personally I would verra much enjoy reading how it plays out.

I may be disappointed with the outcome --- I'm still gonna enjoy reading martin's tale.

I have preferences but I will accept martin's tale. AND there will be approximately 800-1000 pages of WoW for martin to fill.

:drool:

Archived