Anyone else dreading the prospect of Disney incorporating the X-men into the MCU

Varysblackfyre321

I recently finished watching 90s X-men cartoon and Spider-man cartoon and it got me to realize the X-men(as a group) really don’t work as well when the other characters of Marvel are around.There’s a mini cross over between the two, and the question of whether or not Spider-man was a mutant was proposed-and I realized the fact he should be classified as such isn’t really ever brought up in a world where mutants are a thing and could as or even more spectacular things than Spider-man. It’s really weird other supposedly “non-mutant” superpowered humans be greeted with far more sympathy or praise than mutants in general.  

18 hours ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

I recently finished watching 90s X-men cartoon and Spider-man cartoon and it got me to realize the X-men(as a group) really don’t work as well when the other characters of Marvel are around.There’s a mini cross over between the two, and the question of whether or not Spider-man was a mutant was proposed-and I realized the fact he should be classified as such isn’t really ever brought up in a world where mutants are a thing and could as or even more spectacular things than Spider-man. It’s really weird other supposedly “non-mutant” superpowered humans be greeted with far more sympathy or praise than mutants in general.  

There's a distinct issue with mutants vs non-mutant superheroes in the Marvel universe which it has never really adequately explained, so the two remaining separate (which they are for now anyway) is a good thing.

If the X-Men are integrated into the MCU, it probably won't be until Phase 5 (the rumoured total reset/reboot phase where everyone gets recast) anyway, so this will not be an imminent issue.

I would say marvel should create a new universe with x-men and fantistic four. 

There is enough potential in these 2 stories to create something similar to the current marvel verse.

Otherwise we will see a more Wolverine centric and the introduction of inhumans in the curent universe. I don t think we will have more puré x-men movies in the near future… 2 reboots are enough for a while and it would be hard to introduce mainstream mutants into the current marvel verse.

2 hours ago, divica said:

Nah, the Fantastic Four would fit nicely into the existing MCU, and would be out of place in the X-Men universe for the same reasons mutants don't belong in the MCU. A mutant-only universe has plenty of potential without needing to bring in non-mutant superheroes. Maybe do a big crossover event at some point involving travel between parallel universes, but keep the universes themselves distinct.

I'm looking forward to the marvel/disney X-men films.... it's not like Fox didn't F&*% the whole thing up anyway... I'm fine keeping their stories separate provided that they acknowledge that they all exist....not being able to say the word "mutant" was always just stupid

and as far as the FF go.... they belong in an around the avengers... with a Spiderman crossover... maybe Black Panther and Storm.... 

15 hours ago, divica said:

Otherwise we will see a more Wolverine centric

I really hope not. He’s already been the center out of 5 of the 7 of the x-men movies. And I think that  largely helped  lead to the series decline because the movies kept putting Wolverine as the main protagonist and relegating most of the x-men to not much more than extras.  The most egregious offense of this I would say is Cyclops whose main reason to exist in the movie seems solely to cock-block wolverine. 

How many threads does varysbf want to have regarding x-men films this weekend?

15 hours ago, divica said:

There is enough potential in these 2 stories to create something similar to the current marvel verse.

Otherwise we will see a more Wolverine centric and the introduction of inhumans in the curent universe. I don t think we will have more puré x-men movies in the near future… 2 reboots are enough for a while and it would be hard to introduce mainstream mutants into the current marvel verse.

The arguments for x-men being separate are sound but it doesn't make much sense to me why the FF should be separated and even moreso have to share with the X-men. I'd like the FF to be in the MCU but able to have adventures in parallel dimensions, etc as they are the ultimate adventurers - saving the world is more an avengers gig (although the FF save the world when it crops up in thrir adventures).

9 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

I seriously doubt they will make the X-men exist separate from the MCU.

It's far too tempting not to and when it's all under the Disney banner seems like a source of confusion to separate them. They'll be looking at the quick money of wolverine and the thing in the avengers and making use of some classic villains.

29 minutes ago, Mosi Mynn said:

I have faith in Kevin Feige.

And this. Many of us doubted the avengers would work, many of us thought Guardians of the galaxy was too big a risk and potentially the first failure. Then there was doubt that Thanos and a film built off all the previous films would fail to meet expectations. Yet Feige has proven us wrong time after time. If he thinks bringing the x-men into the MCU will work chances are it will.

The biggest threat to the MCU is probably Feige leaving. I don't think they'd restart/recast until that day arrives. 

1 hour ago, red snow said:

The biggest threat to the MCU is probably Feige leaving. I don't think they'd restart/recast until that day arrives. 

Slightly off topic, but as a one time Star Wars fanatic (let me tell you about Abeloth and Dark Saber) I have stopped work abruptly many a time, including in the middle of examining a patient, to sigh for the thought of a Feige in charge of Lucasfilm. 

It actually hurts my soul that I cannot muster the energy to properly counter the incel freaks that malign Kathleen Kennedy's 'SJW' whatever or whatever nonsense because while they're full of shit, she has indeed objectively allowed Star Wars to be irreparably ruined. 

23 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Lol, well its better than the Prequel days. Best I can say.

Is it?

The prequels told a coherent story from Ep 1 to Ep 3.  The sequels have apparently been winging it and allowing directors to make up whatever they want as they go.

1 minute ago, Rhom said:

Is it?

The prequels told a coherent story from Ep 1 to Ep 3.  The sequels have apparently been winging it and allowing directors to make up whatever they want as they go.

It might be in some way coherent but more like the coherent ramblings of a madman. 

Archived