Anyone else dreading the prospect of Disney incorporating the X-men into the MCU

Varysblackfyre321

14 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Is it?

I feel like the new movies are equally bad in different ways, but they do look a hell of a lot better.  One of the things I hated most about the prequels was how lazy Lucas got shooting everything in front of a green screen.  There was almost nothing practical about the prequels, especially the second and third one.  And when you couple that with the fact that Lucas is a shitty director and writer, you ended up with a bunch of actors delivering bad lines with poor direction and clearly not giving a shit because they were standing in a giant green room.

At least the new movies have decent performances and look like Star Wars, even if they don't feel like Star Wars much outside of Rogue One.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but while the Sequels have better visuals and are genuinely good looking (except Solo) I think I prefer the Prequels.

Get trashed and rip them apart with a friend, that's a good Saturday. I don't think I ever want to watch any of the Disney ones again. Maybe TFA if I was feeling some perverse anti-nostalgia?

9 hours ago, Rhom said:

Is it?

The prequels told a coherent story from Ep 1 to Ep 3.  The sequels have apparently been winging it and allowing directors to make up whatever they want as they go.

I’ll be honest I’ve found more enjoyment in the SW prequels than sequels(with the exception of Solo to which I have never seen). There’s more bad to enjoy, more good to enjoy. The force awakens I found to be mostly plagiarism. The last Jedi insulting, and boring, and too try hard in terms of trying to subvert.

38 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Don't. Of the 4 it's only better than Rogue One.

The 2nd most damning statement I can make about a film.

Seriously? You have that low an opinion on Rogue? It’s worse than the Phantom menace?  Like it’s not the best film in imo(kinda feel it failed in some cases), but I found it serviceable.

6 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Seriously? You have that low an opinion on Rogue? It’s worse than the Phantom menace?  Like it’s not the best film in imo(kinda feel it failed in some cases), but I found it serviceable.

I meant the 4 Disney's.

Although I've said it before and I'll say it again. From a purely technical standpoint Phantom Menace is actually the best of the Prequels.

36 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I meant the 4 Disney's.

Although I've said it before and I'll say it again. From a purely technical standpoint Phantom Menace is actually the best of the Prequels.

I guess there was some real skill to allow Jar Jar to step in that poo in the way he did.

4 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

The real question here is whether MCU is going to have the X-Men curing gays or not

Nice thread callback.

3 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

But what would we call the X-Person who had that power?

Can of worms man? 

Archived