Anyone else dreading the prospect of Disney incorporating the X-men into the MCU

Varysblackfyre321

47 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Was wolverine used so much because of the character or because of Jackman? That’s a genuine question by the way :P I’ve no idea how popular comic book wolverine is

Probably a bit of both. Wolverine has always been a cash cow for the X-men in the comics though. He’s usually on every team, has his own solo titles, etc. I’ve never minded because I love him, but I can see why people would have Wolverine fatigue. 

Wolverine was always my favourite character growing up, he seemed to be far nastier and violent than all the other Xmen and as a adolescent teen that really appealed. 

It has become tiring how central he has become to both the comics and the movies, he actually isn't all that interesting outside of a few key stories.. mainly Xmen 2 and in Logan. 

13 hours ago, briantw said:

My main issue with Solo was that I don't think I remembered a single thing about the movie ten minutes after I watched it.  It's just a very forgettable, bland film.  It's like if you removed the heart and wit from your average Marvel film.

That's honestly how I feel though about most Marvel films: bland, witless, and forgettable. There are exceptions, but overall they have felt kinda 'meh.'

On 1/14/2019 at 3:08 PM, drawkcabi said:

In the GotG movies there's been a significant Celestial presence with Knowhere and Ego. If the Celestials are around and the MCU now own the rights to Galactus, I see that as a great in...Galactus as the one who tries to keep them in check, maybe he was the one that severed the head that eventually became Knowhere.

I don't know what Gunn's plan for GotG 3 was but without him they could still make a movie featuring the GotG and FF against Galactus (Starlord being half Celestial and Ego's destruction being what draws him) and it would still seem a natural outgrowth of the first two movies.

Also, how has no one referenced this yet?

I really am hoping Galactus appears. He really can be a facisnating villain. He is neither good or evil, and oddly easy to sympathize with given his dilemma of having to devour worlds or starving to death. 

On 1/19/2019 at 4:35 AM, Free Northman Reborn said:

Would love to see Hulk take on and beat up all the X-Men together as he did in the comic books.

But Hulk is generally underpowered in the movies. He actually has unlimited strength.

I kinda what the MCU with the hulk. It seems they’ve chosen to place as the dumb strong guy on the team. They’ve(like all hulk movies) only use savage Hulk version. In the comics, the hulk although not typically portrayed as genius, like Banner is intelligent, and there’s a lot of discussion of what the Hulk reveals about Banner’s psyche, and the Hulk even has his own family of well Hulks. I don’t know I just feel Disney in its movies wasted a character that had a lot of potential. 

Yeah, the X-Men and the issues they face make no sense in a universe of other superheroes. For that reason alone I don't like the idea of them being integrated into the MCU.

Besides that, there's also the fact that Fox has shown it can produce excellent X-Men movies. The MCU has had some very good movies, especially lately when directors have been given more room to experiment (Guardians, Thor: Ragnorak and Black Panther come to mind), but it usually plays things safe and very rarely makes great movies. Spiderman: Homecoming was fun, but it was no Spiderman 2 or Into the Spiderverse (to its credit, it also was no Amazing Spiderman 2).  The X-Men series has had some bad misses, but it also tries new things, and that's given us some of the best superhero movies of all time: X2, Days of Future Past, Logan. In general I don't feel the need to have every superhero ever come under the control of the MCU and interact with each other.  

Archived