X-men the last stand; gays need a cure?

Varysblackfyre321

4 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Well gosh because Jean going berserk pretty much means the entire earth is doomed? It’s like if you watched Star Wars and said the film was suppprting the building of super weapons. I don’t know what would make any sane person come up with these bizarre conclusions short of bad drugs.

And as has been pointed out, Magneto knew how dangerous Jean was throughout the movie. He encouraged her to delve deeeper with her powers.  Her going beserk  again was always a real possibility. It’s only after he’s “cured” does he realize his mistakes. The X-men forcefully curing a mutant because he is a threat is like if in Original Star Wars’ trilogy  the rebels built their own Death Star to beat the empire. The rebels could say such weapons are abominations, but if they themselves made such weapons and its shown to lead largely to the empire’s defeat, the rebels’ action send a very different message than whatever proclamation they put forth. Forcefully curing mutants is wrong. The X-men do this very thing and Magneto finally gets why trying to control was foolhardy.  There is a contradiction here. Either it’s never ok to forcefully cure mutants or it can be justified at least sometime. The curing of Magneto by the heroes suggests the latter.

3 hours ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

I would say heroes committing genocide would conflict with their stance against genocide. When the heroes do the exact thing that they openly say they’re against, that is a contradiction.

Killing one enemy combatant during a battle is not remotely the exact same thing as genocide.

on 2:29 Magneto asks “what have I done” showing himself finally realizing how colossally he’s fucked up. Mutant-Magneto would have greeted with Jean’s outburst with applause given his enemies would have likely been killed in the crossfire. Cured-Magneto greeted it with absolute horror.

Vulnerable!Magneto is afraid of an out-of-control Jean that he can no longer defend himself against and manipulate; that's self-interest, not enlightenment.

1 minute ago, felice said:

Killing one enemy combatant during a battle is not remotely the exact same thing as genocide.

I did not say it was.  I said the heroes committing genocide goes against their stance of genocide is wrong. If the heroes lambast their foes for committing genocide than commit genocide it’s a contradiction.  Is forcefully curing mutants with the justification of them being a threat wrong? The X-men appear to say yes. The X-men forcefully cure a mutant with the justification of him being a threat. There is a contradiction here no? If not please, explain why the X-men forcefully curing Magneto is keeping true with their stance of it being wrong to forcefully cure mutants in general? How are they not doing what they say they’re against?

9 minutes ago, felice said:

Vulnerable!Magneto is afraid of an out-of-control Jean that he can no longer defend himself against and manipulate; that's self-interest, not enlightenment.

I don’t exactly hear self-interest. More he actually realizes he’s made a mistake. Like the question “What have I done” shows him revaluating his actions imo. 

6 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

:bang:

You really don’t see anything wrong with the X-men forcefully curing a mutant while the saying forcing curing mutants is immoral? It’s not even a little bit contradictory to you? You contend such a sentiment ridiculous. I get that. But you could at least try to explain why the attempt to cure Magneto was fine, and went along with the X-men’s stance against such behavior. You haven’t done so yet. 

16 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

You really don’t see anything wrong with the X-men forcefully curing a mutant while the saying forcing curing mutants is immoral? It’s not even a little bit contradictory to you? You contend such a sentiment ridiculous. I get that. But you could at least try to explain why the attempt to cure Magneto was fine, and went along with the X-men’s stance against such behavior. You haven’t done so yet. 

It can be easily justified by the x-men thinking that magneto being cured is a just punishment for his crimes.

It is diferent to defend that inocent mutants shouldn t be cured and that psicopathic mutants that use their power for all sorts of crimes shouldn t be cured. A convicted criminal has diferent rights from normal people.

Archived