Euron's Plan after Oldtown

Euron III Greyjoy

9 minutes ago, LordToo-Fat-to-Sit-a-Horse said:

Best speculation ive seen about his path after oldtown is to fly Rhaegal to the Gods Eye.  Where he eventually has his final showdown with daenerys..
And maybe burns down the forest of the isle of faces.

I really like that idea. I'd like to see the Gods Eye in some form or another eventually. 

4 minutes ago, King Aegon I Targaryen said:

I really like that idea. I'd like to see the Gods Eye in some form or another eventually. 

Maegor vs Prince Aegon, Aemond vs Daemon,
its kind of where the dragon duels take place... and that dream of Euron with a forest burning behind him in the foresaken chapter must mean something.

i have nothing to back it up, but if something brings on the Long Night, the burning of the mysterious Weirwood forest island could very well be it. 
its where allegedly the CotF brought down the Hammer of Waters, which has wording very similar to that of the horn of winter, "waking giants from the earth and all that"

euron thinks himself as a god of the apocalyse.... Gods Eye.. Crows eye.
i don´t know obviously this is probably 7th book material we will never get to read, but if feels right.

Just now, LordToo-Fat-to-Sit-a-Horse said:

Maegor vs Prince Aegon, Aemond vs Daemon,
its kind of where the dragon duels take place... and that dream of Euron with a forest burning behind him in the foresaken chapter must mean something.

i have nothing to back it up, but if something brings on the Long Night, the burning of the mysterious Weirwood forest island could very well be it. 

Yeah, me reading about those battles is what got me interested in seeing the Gods Eye in the main series. 

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 9:04 PM, LordToo-Fat-to-Sit-a-Horse said:

Best speculation ive seen about his path after oldtown is to fly Rhaegal to the Gods Eye.  Where he eventually has his final showdown with daenerys..
And maybe burns down the forest of the isle of faces.

I actually don't think Euron is going to get a dragon. If he does, it won't be the kind of dragon we're talking about and he won't get it in the way you think he will be.

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 7:13 AM, Vaith said:

No mention of the theory that the Chekhov’s horn is the horn of Joramun and Euron will find it, causing WallFall? Okay, I’ll be that guy.

We're talking after Oldtown.

He's likely to do that in Oldtown. One reason why is because that's where the horn is located. Another reason why is because he's going to be that guy and do it from the top of the Hightower.

5 hours ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

He's likely to do that in Oldtown. One reason why is because that's where the horn is located. Another reason why is because he's going to be that guy and do it from the top of the Hightower.

I agree, I just didn’t see this mentioned as a potential consequence of Oldtown from anyone in the thread thus far.

9 hours ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

Is he though? sounding the horn in Oldtown? This could put the event as early as half into TWOW. .

Rather i think he will do so in the Gods Eye. The wording that describes the effects of the Horn of Winter are exactly the same as that of the Hammer of the waters. Waking the giants of the earth = Earthquakes.  Maybe thats exactly what the Children of the Forest did, back in the Dawn age:  Sound the Horn of Winter, to break the world.  

if they did, one of the theories the maesters have is that they did so in the Isle of faces. In a weirwood forest that seems as magical place as we will get in the entire planetos. Maybe it works as a magical amplifier of sorts. 

I think Euron leaves the ironborn behind after he gets Rhaegal and the horn of winter. Disappears from the narrative for a while. And Dany later hears about Rhaegal in the Gods Eye. 

1 hour ago, LordToo-Fat-to-Sit-a-Horse said:

Is he though? sounding the horn in Oldtown? This could put the event as early as half into TWOW. .

Rather i think he will do so in the Gods Eye. The wording that describes the effects of the Horn of Winter are exactly the same as that of the Hammer of the waters. Waking the giants of the earth = Earthquakes.  Maybe thats exactly what the Children of the Forest did, back in the Dawn age:  Sound the Horn of Winter, to break the world.  

if they did, one of the theories the maesters have is that they did so in the Isle of faces. In a weirwood forest that seems as magical place as we will get in the entire planetos. Maybe it works as a magical amplifier of sorts. 

I think Euron leaves the ironborn behind after he gets Rhaegal and the horn of winter. Disappears from the narrative for a while. And Dany later hears about Rhaegal in the Gods Eye. 

So, you're telling me that it's implausible for Euron to sound the horn in Oldtown because it'll mean that it will happen halfway into Winds but it's completely plausible that he will somehow steal Rhaegal (even though Rhaegal is on the other side of the world at the moment), abandon his army and settle in the Gods' Eye halfway into Winds.

If he takes them (it's a big if), Victarion is not going to give Euron the dragons. He's going to keep them for himself and Daenerys. So, how on Earth will Euron take Rhaegal for himself when he will have his hands full in Oldtown.

If Euron goes for the Gods' Eye, it can't happen until Dream. Because I think Winds will be the book where Euron gets the development and the power he needs to really become the menacing, powerful endgame villain in Dream. It is way too soon for him to abandon his army.

Not even Aegon and his sisters rode into battle with only dragons. They had armies to accompany them.

34 minutes ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

So, you're telling me that it's implausible for Euron to sound the horn in Oldtown because it'll mean that it will happen halfway into Winds but it's completely plausible that he will somehow steal Rhaegal (even though Rhaegal is on the other side of the world at the moment), abandon his army and settle in the Gods' Eye halfway into Winds.

If he takes them (it's a big if), Victarion is not going to give Euron the dragons. He's going to keep them for himself and Daenerys. So, how on Earth will Euron take Rhaegal for himself when he will have his hands full in Oldtown.

If Euron goes for the Gods' Eye, it can't happen until Dream. Because I think Winds will be the book where Euron gets the development and the power he needs to really become the menacing, powerful endgame villain in Dream. It is way too soon for him to abandon his army.

Not even Aegon and his sisters rode into battle with only dragons. They had armies to accompany them.

not implausible. Im just saying everyone assumes Euron will sound the horn in oldtown. Why would that bring down the wall on the other side of westeros?. 

“Aye, and long before them came the Horned Lord and the brother kings Gendel and Gorne, and in ancient days Joramun, who blew the Horn of Winter and woke giants from the earth
(...)
And Joramun blew the Horn of Winter, and woke giants from the earth.

(...)
The first King-Beyond-the-Wall, according to legend, was Joramun, who claimed to have a horn that would bring down the Wall when it woke “the giants from the earth.” (That the Wall still stands says something of his claim, and perhaps even of his existence.)

Joramund already blew the horn once, and the wall is still standing.
So, given that the children already made a World-wide cataclysmic event that shattered the arm of dorne, and flooded the neck, (and perhaps even turned the iron islands into islands if some theories are correct) which also is described as waking the giants of the earth, maybe its because they actually did it in the Gods Eye, with blood sacrifice in a weirwood forest. 
its just a theory, im not claiming its true. It just feels right to me.

As for Rhaegal. Dragons only have one master. We know this. The hellhorn will only work on one. And Victarion.. he´ll fail if not during the battle of fire, shortly after. Poisoned gifts and all that. The dusky woman will betray him. he trusts her with handling the horn, and shell turn the mastery of it back to euron. 

the dragon will just fly back to his master. Its the other side of the world, but by late TWOW, he should be able to reach Euron.

Euron is only using the ironborn to get his dragon and his dragonbride. He couldn´t care less about his army and the ironborn once that happens. the same way he gave up the Shield islands, he could give up Oldtown once he is done.

On 1/12/2019 at 3:34 PM, Euron III Greyjoy said:

Assuming that Euron wins his Oldtown battle in TWoW, what is his plan after that?

1. Will he head to Kings Landing to try and take the Iron Throne?  
  2. Will he stay in Oldtown for now?
  3. Will he travel to meet Daenerys?
  4. Other.

Hopefully get drunk, fall off his ship and drown so we can be done with this awful cartoon evil Jack Sparrow and get back to what is important in the books, rather than this pointless repetitive filler.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bold Barry Whitebeard said:

I don't think Euron will destroy Oldtown, the Citadel and the plot there is too important.  He will fuck it up though.  After he is going to meet up with Danaerys at Dragonstone, but he'll find out Victarion has 'stolen' her in some regard, so he'll go to King's Landing and ally with Cersei as in the show.

Cersei won't be in King's Landing at that point. Aegon will and Aegon will likely already be married.

21 hours ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

Cersei won't be in King's Landing at that point. Aegon will and Aegon will likely already be married.

I don't think Aegon will be moving as fast as all that.  Mace Tyrell's army is still camped outside of King's Landing, and Aegon has his sights set on Danaerys.  He will likely wait for her to arrive before trying to take on the Tyrell's and King's Landing.

2 hours ago, Bold Barry Whitebeard said:

I don't think Aegon will be moving as fast as all that.  Mace Tyrell's army is still camped outside of King's Landing, and Aegon has his sights set on Danaerys.  He will likely wait for her to arrive before trying to take on the Tyrell's and King's Landing.

Even if Dany set off from Meereen immediately it is a considerable journey to Westeros. Aegon will surely have moved from SE at that point - the question is, in what direction? Imo it’s more likely he turns to Oldtown (where, I think, his seemingly great and mighty host will find Euron far more dangerous than they anticipated)

26 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Even if Dany set off from Meereen immediately it is a considerable journey to Westeros. Aegon will surely have moved from SE at that point - the question is, in what direction? Imo it’s more likely he turns to Oldtown (where, I think, his seemingly great and mighty host will find Euron far more dangerous than they anticipated)

It will also depend on what happens with Arianne.  If he decides to marry her instead of Dany (or in addition to Dany?) she'll probably be able to manipulate him, especially if he's separated from Griff.  The question then is what she would advise him to do.  Wait for Dany if she goes by what Doran would suggest, something more rash if she goes by the Sand Snakes.

I don't think he would turn towards Oldtown, unless they mean to help Euron sack the city like Obara wanted to do.

14 hours ago, Bold Barry Whitebeard said:

It will also depend on what happens with Arianne.  If he decides to marry her instead of Dany (or in addition to Dany?) she'll probably be able to manipulate him, especially if he's separated from Griff.  The question then is what she would advise him to do.  Wait for Dany if she goes by what Doran would suggest, something more rash if she goes by the Sand Snakes.

I don't think he would turn towards Oldtown, unless they mean to help Euron sack the city like Obara wanted to do.

I think if he marries Arriane, Shen will encourage him to push forward. He won’t  take much encouragement, as he has already shown he is listening to Jon less. JonCon is also getting rash because he isn’t on borrowed time. The combo of the three mean soup I think we will see some I’ll thought out decisions.

re: Oldtown, I was thinking more along the lines of Aegon heading there after Euron has sacked it in an effort to be the shining hero, champion of the smallfolk, the son of the silver Prince. Basically to become beloved and popular. And I think he will try, but will severely underestimate Euron and have his army devastated by the horrors Euron commands.

Alternatively he heads for King’s Landing to seize the Throne quickly. But with winter finally here, the Reach in chaos, the IB calling in debts, enemies still in the field and food likely to run short, I think he will be sitting on a literal and figurative powder keg and his rule will quickly turn from glorious saviour to brutal tyrant (perception wise I mean)

Some TV show spoilers:

Spoiler

Euron made a surprise attack on the Targaryen fleet where he killed Obara and Nymeria Sand, captured Ellaria and Tyenne Sand (who murdered Doran Martell in season 6), and also captured Yara Greyjoy after which Theon jumped overboard.

Sam healed Jorah Mormont from his greyscale disease. (There's no Jon Connington on the show).

Ollena Tyrell in Highgarden died from poison in season 7.

Because all of this I believe Euron's fleet will crush the Redwyne fleet with ease, and in the heat of the battle Aeron Damphair could free himself and escape from the Silence by jumping overboard. After the battle with the Redwynes I can see three things happening:

1. They will also destroy the Oldtown fleet and start the reaving of Oldtown. All of Oldtown will be occupied by the Ironborn except for the Citadel. After several failed attempts of assaulting the Citadel, Jon Connington will arrive with the part of the Golden Company and liberate Oldtown. After that Jon could be healed by Sam from his greyscale disease.

2. They will make a surprise assault on Sunspear during night after which Doran Martell could be killed and Trystane could also be killed or maybe taken prisoner. Areo Hotah is sent by Doran to assist Obara Sand and Balon Swann on their hunt for Darkstar, so he won't be there to protect his prince. Their hunt could be interrupted by the Ironborn invading Dornish shores.

3. They could even succeed in assaulting Highgarden via the Mander river. If this happens I can see some Ironborn reaver giving rape to Ollena Tyrell before killing her.

Archived