Final Season Premiere Date Video

Westeros

2 hours ago, Arataniello said:

And what was the significance of the feather that fell from Lyanna's statue when Jon Snow walked past it?

The feather was a throwback to the first episode- Robert placed it at Lyanna's grave when Ned took him down to the tombs. I think we also see it when Bran and Rickon (et al) are hiding down there after escaping Theon.

I think it's just a recurring motif representing how the tomb is sort of timeless and untouched (in contrast to the rest of the world)... With all that has happened across Westeros, this fragile little feather is still sitting by the grave where it was left years ago.

I'm just happy to finally have a release date. 14th April. I honestly thought it would be at the very end of April. 

The teaser itself was pretty interesting. The Jon statue is an old man, and the Arya statue is a young girl. Could this be telling us that Jon is going to survive the series whilst Arya isn't? I couldn't tell if Sansa's statue was old or young. 

1 hour ago, King Aegon I Targaryen said:

I'm just happy to finally have a release date. 14th April. I honestly thought it would be at the very end of April. 

The teaser itself was pretty interesting. The Jon statue is an old man, and the Arya statue is a young girl. Could this be telling us that Jon is going to survive the series whilst Arya isn't? I couldn't tell if Sansa's statue was old or young. 

I was hoping the same thing, but I read elsewhere that Jon's statue not looking like him could be a throw back to Season 7 when Sansa and Arya were discussing Ned's statue.

"It should have been carved by someone who knew his face."
"All the people who knew his face are dead."

Which would be much more ominous for our friends.

28 minutes ago, Lady Rhodes said:

I was hoping the same thing, but I read elsewhere that Jon's statue not looking like him could be a throw back to Season 7 when Sansa and Arya were discussing Ned's statue.

"It should have been carved by someone who knew his face."
"All the people who knew his face are dead."

Which would be much more ominous for our friends.

It could also mean that Jon outlives everyone that knows him personally, which is depressing in of itself. 

The fact that he is being buried in the WF crypts makes me think that either he will not take well being a targaryen, or  perhaps he will decide along bran and sam to keep it a secret, after all he is already allied with Daenerys (by this i mean banging), and this will likely end in a marriage in order to cement alliances, assuming they both live to take the IT then his parentage doesn't need to be exposed 

17 hours ago, King Aegon I Targaryen said:

It could also mean that Jon outlives everyone that knows him personally, which is depressing in of itself. 

Oh, I 100% agree. I am hoping that it means Jon lives, but it is sad that it may be meaning that Sansa and Arya die.  I was just pointing out something that I had read that I hadn't considered and thought you may find interest in as well.

"Aegon and his sisters" 2.0?

Seems the potential foreshadowing for such a thing is strong here with the way this was shot and especially the power pose they decided to put the three of them in at the end of it. It's also the still-shot HBO chose for the teaser thumbnail too by the way.

The Aegon and his sisters take on this is rather odd. 
Jon's not conquering anything. He's not in love with his cousins (sisters). None of them are dragon riders (yet).

If the whole point is that they're three strong willed characters, couldn't you say that about any trio?

James Hibberd from Entertainment Weekly, who is the writer with ties to HBO, came out and said that this promo video is not footage from the final season.  I guess this basically puts to rest any of the theories that people have been trying to throw out there. Apparently it's just another promotional video similar to the one that they put out for season 6 with the hall of faces.

On 1/14/2019 at 3:27 AM, Arataniello said:

I am curious about the absence of Bran from this teaser, and what this means for his story arc.

On 1/14/2019 at 3:18 PM, Arataniello said:

And what was the significance of the feather that fell from Lyanna's statue when Jon Snow walked past it?

I was curious about these very questions, so I checked to see whether you guys had any thoughts on the matter.

I was considering the possibility that Bran might be represented by the feather. Bran says he's the three-eyed raven now that his mentor is dead, so associating him with a feather isn't too far-fetched. Also, his absence as the missing Stark to complete the set is gritting and begs the question of whether he's in fact present in some sense.

It also struck me how when Ned and Catelyn speak, one Stark child (Jon and Sansa, respectively) will look at their statues as if listening; in Lyanna's case, Jon walks by unhearing. The camera doesn't follow Jon, however, but stands unmoving with the feather. The connection with Bran would be appropriate, both in the sense that he was Lyanna's listener in his vision but also because of his inability to walk.

This is admittedly weak reasoning, but I still felt like sharing this idea. Of course, assuming this connection between Bran and the feather, the latter freezing over would suggest that Bran might end up with the Others somehow. I know there are theories out there which support this notion, so that was fun.

To me, the feather represents Roberts lie /rape of Lyanna being told.

I think the way Sansa passed quickly by and just gave her mother's statue a cursory look , means unlike Cat, she will accept Jon fully.

Arya alone, maybe traveling.

The pack stands together facing their destiny.

WRG to Bran, maybe because he was tagged by NK, he stays out of the crypt and stays at the wierwood tree .

All I do know is Sansa's needle has been hanging since 4-8 ( like the hairnet )like a Chekhov's gun, I like her to pull that damn trigger, maybe in KL, if she and Cersei meet.  

• 4 weeks later...

Very excited about the new season. Of course the books are better, but the TV shows have done a good job to represent the World created by GeorgeRR. The feather? I am afraid all the characters in the crypt are going to die :(

Anyway, if you are interested in a funny song comparing book and TV show look at this nice video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1sZkB5nnkA

Archived