Star Wars Thread: I KNOW WHAT THAT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jace, Extat

1 hour ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

I wonder when Sidious told Vader about the whole “killing your master” deal the Sith have going on. Truth be told, I always wondered why the rule of 2 is still a thing.  It seems way too impractical.

In the films it's more lip service given the sith have several apprentices in the wings at most times. It's like yoda semantics.

16 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Or horrifically bad subsequent in-universe material crafted with the care and attention normally monopolized by pimps will retroactively raise questions about the 'strength' of characters and inconsistencies about how they employed it.

That too :P.

1 hour ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

"Lord Vader will become more powerful than either of us" said Palps to his little green friend. I do think a one on one fight would end in Vader winning. 

That was pre Vader getting his legs lopped off and charbroiled on Mustafar, in which he lost some of his strength in the force, I’d firmly bet my money on Palpatine making short work of Vader in a fight tbh, well as long as Vader wasn’t standing behind him near any large drops anyway :D.

6 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I’d firmly bet my money on Palpatine making short work of Vader in a fight tbh, well as long as Vader wasn’t standing behind him near any large drops anyway :D.

15 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

That was pre Vader getting his legs lopped off and charbroiled on Mustafar, in which he lost some of his strength in the force, I’d firmly bet my money on Palpatine making short work of Vader in a fight tbh, well as long as Vader wasn’t standing behind him near any large drops anyway :D.

Cybernetic limbs man. It’s way stronger than typical meaty flesh. Vader got an up grade when got tricked out into a cyborg. Not a downgrade. 

On 2/18/2019 at 5:59 PM, Jace, Basilissa said:

Himmler, the head of the SS, was responsible for the mythologizing of the Nazi regime and the elimination of peoples determined to be undesirable. 

He was part of the Army and carried authority therein but was altogether immune from responsibility by virtue of the other positions of power he held outside the chain of command. So, like Vader, he technically had a number of direct superiors but virtually none of them other than Hitler/Emperor had the foundation to tell him what to do or not do. The exception being specific actions which fell clearly within their domain of control. Like choking an Admiral to death in a Theater Governor's (or Gauleiter if you will) conference room without cause. 

When the war was coming to a close Himmler was scurrying all over the remaining German territories scheming to put himself in charge of the party (by proxy through Goering). But he was so universally reviled by everyone that as soon as Hitler killed himself and left him out of the political will (because even Hitler/Palpatine knew what Himmler/Vader was and wasn't good for) his authority evaporated literally in hours. This is what we can obviously imagine would happen to Vader if he followed through with deposing the Emperor to succeed him.

Fun fact, Speer and Doenitz tried to put Himmler on a plane he thought would be going to South Germany but that the pilot had specific orders to put down at an allied airstrip. This plan fell through because segments of the SS intelligence service were functioning still within the crumbling Nazi apparatus and Himmler found out about it. That's basically what you can imagine Piett (a living Piett) doing to get rid of his Vader problem and not dissimilar to what Hux was about to do to Ren.

That’s a pretty good elaboration.   It appears Kylo is like his grandfather in the really poor planning regard. I hope the character gets poisoned in the next movie by the first order. The man is insufferable And not in a good way.

To be fair, planning in star wars fails spectacularly compared to the Force. The best planning and logistics and spycraft fail because of ewoks and the force, and the ewoks are on the rebel side due to the force being used to simulate a deity (which just isn't proper). 

Really, Vader was literally right in ANH - the power of this battle station really is nothing compared to the power of the force. 

8 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

To be fair, planning in star wars fails spectacularly compared to the Force. The best planning and logistics and spycraft fail because of ewoks and the force, and the ewoks are on the rebel side due to the force being used to simulate a deity (which just isn't proper). 

I mean, I agree with this general point, but are you really gonna use the stupid scene of Luke floating C-3PO as supportive evidence?  Something about that just seems indecent to me.

Just now, DMC said:

I mean, I agree with this general point, but are you really gonna use the stupid scene of Luke floating C-3PO as supportive evidence?  Something about that just seems indecent to me.

AND YET

without that, the rebels at best have to slaughter a village of indigenous population, meaning that they don't get supported, they get caught entirely unaware by the Emperor's forces, the Emperor slaughters them all, Luke feels his sister die and goes to the Dark side and kills his dad, and the rebellion is entirely crushed.

You have the luxury of not knowing what I know - that  Luke floating C-3P0, while tragic, probably saved lives, and C-3P0 as a god, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saved lives.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the Force that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it.

1 minute ago, Kalbear said:

without that, the rebels at best have to slaughter a village of indigenous population, meaning that they don't get supported, they get caught entirely unaware by the Emperor's forces, the Emperor slaughters them all, Luke feels his sister die and goes to the Dark side and kills his dad, and the rebellion is entirely crushed.

Fair argument I guess, but the entire basis of it - the importance of the ewoks - is just further depressing me.  

3 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

You have the luxury of not knowing what I know - that  Luke floating C-3P0, while tragic, probably saved lives, and C-3P0 as a god, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saved lives.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the Force that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it.

:)  Thanks, this made my night.

2 hours ago, Kalbear said:

Really, Vader was literally right in ANH - the power of this battle station really is nothing compared to the power of the force. 

Fair enough. Annie is a terrible planner and the cosmec essence of the universe wants him to fail and be miserable. I’m joking. Sort of. 

20 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Losing those Midi-Chlorians really sucks for the power scale. You would think Yoda would be such a Force lightweight, what with his size and all.

Spoiler

Fuck that junk science!!!! The Force is magic!!!!!

17 hours ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Cybernetic limbs man. It’s way stronger than typical meaty flesh. Vader got an up grade when got tricked out into a cyborg. Not a downgrade. 

Not really, the poor guy wasn't even capable of using Force Lightning, which as a Sith Lord is quite a tragic failure, I blame Obi Wan for all his woes!.

13 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

I hope we eventually get a movie discussing Droids as a sentient race. It was touched upon in Solo but the concept really deserves a movie of its’ own to further develop.

"Droids tend to blend into the background, like a bench or a card table. Mockery: Droid, fetch this. Droid, translate that. Droid, clean out the trash compactor. Part of the love of my function comes when the ‘furnishings’ pull out tibanna-powered rifles and point them at the owners' heads."

Starring HK47

1 minute ago, Week said:

"Droids tend to blend into the background, like a bench or a card table. Mockery: Droid, fetch this. Droid, translate that. Droid, clean out the trash compactor. Part of the love of my function comes when the ‘furnishings’ pull out tibanna-powered rifles and point them at the owners' heads."

Starring HK47

I’ll probably regret asking this but what is this a reference to?

Archived