SotM Davos Dayne + Nymeria

Ginkeh

So I`m a bit curious if anyone has any idea what happened to the son of Sword of the Morning Davos Dayne and Nymeria.

It`s not mentioned in the world book if Davos was lord of Starfall or not, but since it`s not mentioned I`m assuming he wasn`t, and that he was either a younger brother or cousin of the lord at that time.

Is it possible the son of Nymeria started the High-Hermitage branch of the Dayne family, or did that line just die out?

8 hours ago, LordSeaSnake said:

In the lore for the show, Davos Dayne is actually the son and heir of Vorian Dayne, so Davos became Lord of Starfall after Vorian was sent to the Wall.  Obviously this doesn't represent the lore of the books, but it may be the case.

Interesting. Do you have a source? I`d like to know more about the show lore too, didn`t even know they had that. 

When/how did anything that happened with the Daynes a couple thousand years ago relate to the show, though? The show doesn`t even mention the Daynes except for Arthur at the ToJ, does it?

14 hours ago, Gink said:

Interesting. Do you have a source? I`d like to know more about the show lore too, didn`t even know they had that. 

When/how did anything that happened with the Daynes a couple thousand years ago relate to the show, though? The show doesn`t even mention the Daynes except for Arthur at the ToJ, does it?

The DVD releases of each season comes with Histories & Lore features about various aspects of the lore. Here is the one relating to House Dayne.

On 1/16/2019 at 9:41 AM, Gink said:

Just beware that show lore is often inconsistent even with itself and almost all is made up.

Archived