Jump to content
DMC

US Politics: Shutbound & Down

Recommended Posts

Trump hit back at Pelosi by declaring her planned trip overseas postponed. At the very least, he won't let her use military planes for travel, as she was planning to go to Afghanistan. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/pelosi-jabs-trump-maybe-he-thinks-it-s-ok-not-n959841

Saying this is getting childish is an understatement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Saying this is getting childish is an understatement.

His next strategic move is to hog playing with Schumer's rubber ducky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya, I just heard this on ATC.  What an ugly assho1e.  But we all know that and there's no argument about this no matter what side one may be on.  He really is UGLY!

'His' letter, which he neither composed nor wrote:

https://deadline.com/2019/01/trump-cancels-military-plane-nancy-pelosi-trip-state-of-union-address-government-shutdown-1202537028/

Quote

 

Dear Madame Speaker:

 Due to the Shutdown, I am sorry to inform you that your trip to Brussels, Egypt and Afghanistan has been postponed. We will reschedule this seven-day excursion when the Shutdown is over. In light of the 800,000 great Americans workers not receiving pay, I am sure you would agree that postponing this public relations event is totally appropriate. I also feel that, during this period, it would be better if you were in Washington negotiating with me and joining the Strong Border Security movement to end the Shutdown. Obviously if you would like to make your journey by flying commercial, that would be your prerogative.

 I look forward to seeing you soon and even more forward to watching our open and dangerous Southern Border finally received the attention, funding and security it so desperately deserves!

 

 

Edited by Zorral

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The letter is both not enough Trump, and juuuust the right amount of Trump. Like he dictated it and someone else polished it up, taking on the role of Missandei interpreting for the Unsullied slaver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Ya, I just heard this on ATC.  What an ugly assho1e.  But we all know that and there's no argument about this no matter what side one may be on.  He really is UGLY!

'His' letter, which he neither composed nor wrote:

https://deadline.com/2019/01/trump-cancels-military-plane-nancy-pelosi-trip-state-of-union-address-government-shutdown-1202537028/

 

You sure he didn't write it? Misspelled words, bad syntax. Yeah, it's more polished than his tweets. Like Gertrude said, probably polished up, a bit, by someone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I do not understand the logic behind this.  Why is any election loss an automatic DQ for the Presidential race?

Lincoln lost his election too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

That chump was reported to be Trump’s eyes and ears in the DoJ, so probably.

Well, Whitaker's wife emailed a journalist who wrote a critical article and casually let out that the Mueller probe is wrapping up.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/01/marci-whitaker-email-matthew-whitaker-attorney-general.html

Good God. Has the Republican Party just completely self-selected itself into a gang of limpbrained morons who are desperately thirsty, bottomlessly entitled, and completely incapable of self-reflection?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Lincoln lost his election too.

And GHWBush

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I do not understand the logic behind this.  Why is any election loss an automatic DQ for the Presidential race?

He's a fucking loser. Full stop. 

I know you don't have skin in the game, but a historical trend of all things in life indicates it's better to be a winner. 

Than a loser. 

Which he is.

A loser.

Who lost.

Because he's a loser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I do not understand the logic behind this.  Why is any election loss an automatic DQ for the Presidential race?

Because someone who forced republicans to invest massively in defending their most valuable electoral state (and where republicans only barely succeed because of the biggest republican midterm turnout of all time in that state) and someone who is so broadly successful and popular as to earn the biggest vote totals of any democrat in the entire history of texas in midterm or presidential races, for any office, must not be allowed to move forward, too dangerous to too many in his party's ambitions who are probably "more deserving" or have "paid their dues" etc etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm kinda getting worried for the state of this planet in the near future. For all the endless problems around us, from climate change to rising political instability, the US really takes the cake these last several years. Are you guys that eager to destroy yourselves politically, culturally, morally? I am not sure who's worse: Trump in his endless narcissistic go-to-hell-y'll 24/7 reality TV, Democrats feat. MC Maddow with their even-more-endless (endlesser?) Russia hysteria and Vladimir Vladimirovich Bond movie scripts, far-right incessant conspiracy peddling or leftist identity politics crowd who lovingly hopped on the special snowflake bandwagon to shame and shiv anyone who dares preach common sense. It's like a train wreck in slow motion. And yes, you do it to yourselves. The sooner you realize it, instead of always blaming someone else, within or without, the better for you and this effing planet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you read the end of that email from Matthew Whittaker's wife? 

"P.S. This is my work email and phone number, please don't use it in any ill manner. I like my job, etc...

I'd guess the journalist won't use that information for ill, but she just busted herself for writing a personal email using company time / resources. Probably not a big deal, but it could be used against her if her employer wished to. Way to go, Mrs. Big Dick Toilet.

Edited by Gertrude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

Did you read the end of that email from Matthew Whittaker's wife? 

"P.S. This is my work email and phone number, please don't use it in any ill manner. I like my job, etc...

I'd guess the journalist won't use that information for ill, but she just busted herself for writing a personal email using company time / resources. Probably not a big deal, but it could be used against her if her employer wished to. Way to go, Mrs. Big Dick Toilet.

It's not like any other Trumpaloompas see anything wrong with using business or public resources for their personal use. A fish rots from the head down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

He's a fucking loser. Full stop. 

I know you don't have skin in the game, but a historical trend of all things in life indicates it's better to be a winner. 

Than a loser. 

Which he is.

A loser.

Who lost.

Because he's a loser.

So, no one who loses an election can ever, later, be elected President?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Corvinus said:

Trump hit back at Pelosi by declaring her planned trip overseas postponed. At the very least, he won't let her use military planes for travel, as she was planning to go to Afghanistan. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/pelosi-jabs-trump-maybe-he-thinks-it-s-ok-not-n959841

Saying this is getting childish is an understatement.

Well, yes and no. 

Extra childish because 1) the DoD isn’t subject to the shutdown, meaning this saves nothing, and 2) he for no apparent reason added 2 days and 1 destination to het trip than was true.

But on the other hand, if he can just muddy the waters and thereby get the lazy or already-on-board to throw up their hands and say ‘oh, they’re all as bad as each other’ for him that’s a win here. People keep counting on his incompetence, but when all you’re trying to do is break stuff, you don’t need much of that anyways. 

Edited by James Arryn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, James Arryn said:

The other wrinkle is:

Allegations of X.

GOP: there’s no evidence, this is just a witch-hunt/speculation/fake news. We get it, you hate Trump, he’s the devil, etc. Eyes rolled.

Time passes.

Proof of X.

GOP: there’s nothing new here, we’ve known this for a while, what’s the point of talking about this now other than the Left hates Trump? Eyes rolled.

Yes, this too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

So, no one who loses an election can ever, later, be elected President?

Maybe win something in the interim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DanteGabriel said:

Well, Whitaker's wife emailed a journalist who wrote a critical article and casually let out that the Mueller probe is wrapping up.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/01/marci-whitaker-email-matthew-whitaker-attorney-general.html

Good God. Has the Republican Party just completely self-selected itself into a gang of limpbrained morons who are desperately thirsty, bottomlessly entitled, and completely incapable of self-reflection?

When you have had power for a long time, and are rational enough to see it's end point (demographics), there's a good chance you'll behave erratically in an attempt to push that end date further back. That's where the Republican party is at right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Maybe win something in the interim.

Perhaps, a presidential primary?

Edited by Ser Scot A Ellison

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump is looking for a new way to cut Medicaid — without Congress
Block grants could be the next front in the Trump administration’s war on Medicaid.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/1/17/18186676/government-shutdown-medicaid-block-grants

Quote

 

Seema Verma, who runs the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services for President Trump, has been exploring whether the agency could implement Medicaid block grants, Politico reported last week. It would represent the most aggressive action yet by the Trump White House to cut Medicaid spending. (The program is unaffected by the ongoing government shutdown, however, because it is considered mandatory spending.)

The details are still to be determined, and the plan might not even be legally permissible: Some experts argue CMS lacks the authority to change Medicaid’s funding formula without congressional approval.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×