Secrets best left buried (Fire & Blood)

I think that Aerea and Dany both climbed onto their beasts and thought "Home." And their inexperience with dragonriding mixed with a sleepy, hazy dragon or a dragon all hyped up on blood and violence led to miscommunications to their dragons.

Balerion did not know anything about the child that had climbed upon him so he went to the only "home" he knew - Valyria of old. Unfortunately for them both, that home did not exist any longer. I think she brought them back to KL, eventually.

When Dany climbed onto Drogon and thought home meaning the pyramid or even the house with the Red Door (which sounds like "Red Dorne" or the red mountains of dorne??? I digress), Drogon went home to the Dothraki sea, taking Dany back before going forward and starting her on the path Mirri Maz Dur laid out for her. She will, as she always does, find her way and learn to control him in the process, just as Aerea did.

4 hours ago, WyldFyre said:

I think that Aerea and Dany both climbed onto their beasts and thought "Home." And their inexperience with dragonriding mixed with a sleepy, hazy dragon or a dragon all hyped up on blood and violence led to miscommunications to their dragons.

Balerion did not know anything about the child that had climbed upon him so he went to the only "home" he knew - Valyria of old. Unfortunately for them both, that home did not exist any longer. I think she brought them back to KL, eventually.

When Dany climbed onto Drogon and thought home meaning the pyramid or even the house with the Red Door (which sounds like "Red Dorne" or the red mountains of dorne??? I digress), Drogon went home to the Dothraki sea, taking Dany back before going forward and starting her on the path Mirri Maz Dur laid out for her. She will, as she always does, find her way and learn to control him in the process, just as Aerea did.

Actually I think they both thought "take me away" rather than "home." Both had reached breaking point and wanted to get away.

Otherwise I agree

On 1/30/2019 at 10:29 AM, WyldFyre said:

On 1/30/2019 at 3:14 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

Actually I think they both thought "take me away" rather than "home." Both had reached breaking point and wanted to get away.

Otherwise I agree

Drogo's spirit is inside Drogon.  He would take his wife to a place where he knew she would be safe.  The prophecy also says Khaleesi should go east to go west.  I take that to mean to go back to the past before moving forward.  Drogo will never realize his dream of uniting the khalasars but he sure would want his Khaleesi to realize that dream for both of them.  Rhaego is gone.  It is up to Khaleesi to make Drogo's dream a reality.  Aerys, Rhaegar, and Viserys are gone.  So it falls upon Princess Daenerys to take Westeros back for the Targaryens.  Drogon took her back to the Dothraki Sea because she needs to face the dosh khaleen again and win control of the khalasars.  

Balerion took Aerea to Valyria because he wanted to.  Aerea wasn't mentally strong enough to bend Balerion to her will.  Their bond was not yet strong.  Balerion was homesick.  He wanted to see Valyria again before he dies.  

5 hours ago, Emperor Bu Gai said:

Drogo will never realize his dream of uniting the khalasars but he sure would want his Khaleesi to realize that dream for both of them.  Rhaego is gone.  It is up to Khaleesi to make Drogo's dream a reality.

Well... In the pire was Miri Maz Duur, also Drogo's corpse, Dany and the drangon eggs... I'd say that the incantation for Rhaego at the end made effect on the product of Dany and Drogo union... So maybe Dany's Children: Rhaegal Vyserion and Drogon are those who will unite the Khalasars.

Maybe the whole event of the fire in the Dosh Khalen will happen diferently in the books, maybe the Dragons are who will burn the Dosh Khaleen with all the khals inside... for me it's a little odd that some young widow khaleesi of the Dosh Khalen will trap all the khals inside that easy.

4 hours ago, MushroomIsNoFool said:

Well... In the pire was Miri Maz Duur, also Drogo's corpse, Dany and the drangon eggs... I'd say that the incantation for Rhaego at the end made effect on the product of Dany and Drogo union... So maybe Dany's Children: Rhaegal Vyserion and Drogon are those who will unite the Khalasars.

Maybe the whole event of the fire in the Dosh Khalen will happen diferently in the books, maybe the Dragons are who will burn the Dosh Khaleen with all the khals inside... for me it's a little odd that some young widow khaleesi of the Dosh Khalen will trap all the khals inside that easy.

That's only on the TV show that it happened that way.  She will unite the khalasars but using a different tactic.  It's not possible to stop the slave trade without controlling the Dothraki khalasars.  

Archived