Quaithe Farman?

Aline de Gavrillac

Doubtful. Possible, but doubtful. That said I believe Quaithe might well be a decendent of Elissa rather than Elissa herself.

On a side note, that video is rather well put together but there are a few little details they got wrong that bugged me about it. Nothing massive but it did sort of lower its credibility to me.

quaithe is shiera seastar, imo. her mother, Serenei of Lys, practiced dark arts to make herself look young. Quaithe could actually be very old. shiera was born between 178 AC and 184 AC, making her between 125 yo and 131 yo, but still younger than Bloodraven. 

shiera's two lovers, Bloodraven and Bittersteel are still involved in the story, as BR is with Bran and Bittersteel's skull is with the golden company at Storm's End. Quaithe being a magic Targaryen bastard would explain why she helps Dany and seems to disappear. 

On 1/17/2019 at 4:11 PM, Aline de Gavrillac said:

What do you think?  Possible?

We aren't going to see Asshai so it does not matter. Dany is not going to sail east around the world to get to westeros. She is going to head east to Vaes Dothrak to unite the Khalisars under her and take them across the narrow sea to Dragonstone 

1 hour ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

We aren't going to see Asshai so it does not matter. Dany is not going to sail east around the world to get to westeros. She is going to head east to Vaes Dothrak to unite the Khalisars under her and take them across the narrow sea to Dragonstone 

You sure about that?

20 minutes ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

Based on George saying that the characters wouldn't go there in the last 2 novels. He said we may see a flashback, but no journey there 

Then we may get a flashback there, which means we may see Asshai.

Not to mention that GRRM has not been a reliable narrater when it comes to the future development of the novels.

19 minutes ago, DominusNovus said:

Then we may get a flashback there, which means we may see Asshai.

Not to mention that GRRM has not been a reliable narrater when it comes to the future development of the novels.

Either way, Dany is not sailing east to land in Oldtown, or Lannisport, or anywhere else.  

6 minutes ago, DominusNovus said:

I agree, but your opening statement was that we were not going to see Asshai.

We aren't. A flashback is not characters seeing the place. It is a flashback. And GRRM said "Maybe" there could be a flashback. I would still put money down that we will not see it. 

1 hour ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

We aren't. A flashback is not characters seeing the place. It is a flashback. And GRRM said "Maybe" there could be a flashback. I would still put money down that we will not see it. 

But we are not characters in the book. So whether any characters see it ‘in the present’ has no bearing on whether we see it. Now, if you think it is likely that we won’t see it on page in the main novels, thats a reasonable conclusion. It doesn’t mean that is a certainty for the books - until they are released and the probability collapses to 100% or 0%. Then, you can be certain.

On 1/17/2019 at 7:11 PM, Aline de Gavrillac said:

What do you think?  Possible?

Quaithe is Elissa Farman.  She wants Daenerys Targaryen to take the same route but going backwards.  Quaithe wants to show her something in the eastern seas.  I would guess it is another land mass.  Refugees from westeros can go to this island sanctuary to escape the long night back home. 

3 hours ago, Arkady Renko said:

Quaithe is Elissa Farman.  She wants Daenerys Targaryen to take the same route but going backwards.  Quaithe wants to show her something in the eastern seas.  I would guess it is another land mass.  Refugees from westeros can go to this island sanctuary to escape the long night back home. 

Probably not enough time left to do that with everything else that's still got to happen in the space of two books.

I think George is trolling us here, he says he doesn't read fora and theories but he knows how infested his hardcore fanbase is. Quaithe could be anyone, in his gardenerstyle he could make her anyone, and he is throwing Miss Farman in to keep us infested. 

The islands weren't that far away, and in the wrong direction for all it matters. Ok maybe Corlys spotted her ship but who knows, even that is kept fague. 

I think Elissa won't turn up anywhere, she is human, she got old or not, she died sooner or later... not alive today. But it makes for one hell of a story, as far as I've seen one of the most discussed of Fire&Blood. Our interest is spiked up a bit more again, I don't see how this will add to the overall (back)story.

Archived